Disconnect Phone when Switching to CarPlay
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Strange, I got a new iPhone, deleted the phone in the XC90, added my new one, and this problem developed. Used to be that when the iPhone connected to the car directly via Bluetooth, and you plug it into the USB to use CarPlay, it would switch without any action needed on my part. I've reviewed all the settings and I can't find out what's wrong.

Any ideas?

Mitch

2015-05-06 - 1.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You have it connected with Bluetooth too? Happens to me every time bc I have Bluetooth on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I do, and it was before with the old phone, you could make a call with the phone in your pocket through bluetooth, and if I attach the USB cable and use CarPlay it used to just make the switch to making calls via CarPlay. Not it instead displays this annoying message.

Quote Originally Posted by mvgossman View Post
      Yes I do, and it was before with the old phone, you could make a call with the phone in your pocket through bluetooth, and if I attach the USB cable and use CarPlay it used to just make the switch to making calls via CarPlay. Not it instead displays this annoying message.
      To minimize this, plug in your iPhone to your car via USB as soon as you get in the car without delay. By doing that the Bluetooth connection would not have time to get connected. Of course, that is not always practical but it does minimize the occurrences.

I have the same situation having gone from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone X a couple of years ago.

The idea is that the car does not want to disconnect a potentially connected call/internet since the BT connection is already established. It would be nice that the option to “automatically connect CarPlay” would override BT 99%/100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 11-09-2019 at 08:02 PM.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 14 Nov 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements