Polestar optimization of T5 V60/V60CC
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Polestar optimization of T5 V60/V60CC

Hi all

Looking for thoughts on this dealer program update for the T5 awd engine and transmission of the new v60 or V60CC. Has anyone had this update performed at the dealership? Any thoughts regarding the improvements in acceleration and transmission shifting? Any effect on fuel economy?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

All good question interested in the MPG myself.

I got my on order with it included.

As for performance this is the numbers...

https://engineered.polestar.com/us/p...tomatic-2020-2
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Regarding gas mileage, I purchased my 2019 S60 T5 with the Polestar upgrade from the factory and since it wasn't done at the dealer i can't say anything about the dealer upgrade experience or the impact on gas mileage on this car. However I . turned in a 2017 S60 T5 without Polestar (using the Lease Pull Forward program) and I'm getting the same gas mileage with Polestar as i got without it.

Before purchasing, I test drove 2 S60s and 2 XC60s, each model both with and without Polestar, and as said above previously leased an 2017 S60 T5 without Polestar. I have my driver profile set up in Individual Mode with ECO and occasionally use Polestar Engineered mode (which was called Dynamic mode before the latest software update). My experience is that the Polestar upgrade improves mid-range power - there's better acceleration with Polestar once you're already moving. I don't notice better acceleration when starting from standing still.

I suggest you ask your dealer if you can test drive the same modle you have but with Polestar so you can determine if the difference in acceleration is worth it to you. My test drive convinced me it was worth it but, IMO, it's a personal choice.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Regarding gas mileage, I purchased my 2019 S60 T5 with the Polestar upgrade from the factory and since it wasn't done at the dealer i can't say anything about the dealer upgrade experience or the impact on gas mileage on this car. However I . turned in a 2017 S60 T5 without Polestar (using the Lease Pull Forward program) and I'm getting the same gas mileage with Polestar as i got without it.

Before purchasing, I test drove 2 S60s and 2 XC60s, each model both with and without Polestar, and as said above previously leased an 2017 S60 T5 without Polestar. I have my driver profile set up in Individual Mode with ECO and occasionally use Polestar Engineered mode (which was called Dynamic mode before the latest software update). My experience is that the Polestar upgrade improves mid-range power - there's better acceleration with Polestar once you're already moving. I don't notice better acceleration when starting from standing still.

I suggest you ask your dealer if you can test drive the same modle you have but with Polestar so you can determine if the difference in acceleration is worth it to you. My test drive convinced me it was worth it but, IMO, it's a personal choice.
      Thanks for your thoughts. I’ve been considering the polestar optimization on my T5, but was having trouble finding user reviews of the effects. Good info!
      2020 S60 T5 Inscription
      2017 XC90 T6 Momentum

I had the Polestar upgrade through the dealer on my 19' S60 T5, after test driving a T5 with and without the upgrade. The torque is the major winner here and as stated previously, your going to notice much better passing speed with it imo.

I mostly use it jumping on the interstate and getting the pick up to flow into traffic. Now as far as the experience with the dealer; it took a out 45mins to an hour for them to install it and test it. You should get a week to use it and decide if you want to keep it, otherwise they will allow you to have it uninstalled and your money refunded.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      CURRENT: 2019 Crystal White Pearl S60 T5 R-DESIGN w/ P*

PAST: 2012 Black S60 T5 w/Blonde Interior

Quote Originally Posted by GonS60 View Post
      I had the Polestar upgrade through the dealer on my 19' S60 T5, after test driving a T5 with and without the upgrade. The torque is the major winner here and as stated previously, your going to notice much better passing speed with it imo.

I mostly use it jumping on the interstate and getting the pick up to flow into traffic. Now as far as the experience with the dealer; it took a out 45mins to an hour for them to install it and test it. You should get a week to use it and decide if you want to keep it, otherwise they will allow you to have it uninstalled and your money refunded.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      That’s nice that the dealership allows for that.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

So are you saying that with the new software, you have drive modes Eco, Comfort, Dynamic, Off-Road, and "Polestar Engineered"?

I see the following blurb at the Volvo configurator website for the V60 Cross Country; is the above conjecture what they mean by "add our optional drive mode selector"? In other words, do they mean "selection" or "selection option" instead of "selector"? The way that it's worded, it sounds like there's a new physical drive-mode selector button/dial.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 9.07.50 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cometguy View Post
      So are you saying that with the new software, you have drive modes Eco, Comfort, Dynamic, Off-Road, and "Polestar Engineered"?

I see the following blurb at the Volvo configurator website for the V60 Cross Country; is the above conjecture what they mean by "add our optional drive mode selector"? In other words, do they mean "selection" or "selection option" instead of "selector"? The way that it's worded, it sounds like there's a new physical drive-mode selector button/dial.

If you go with the option you will have one more option to select in the selection menu that every car has.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Quote Originally Posted by cometguy View Post

No new button (selector), polestar replaces dynamic in the drive mode selection menu.
      I don't have CC so no off road for meAttachment 57991
      Last edited by lilgoat; 01-11-2020 at 10:29 AM.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements