Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?) - Page 17
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
      Added the 1up roof rack. One small hiccup during install, had to sand down the flush mount nuts a little so they could fit in the t rails. Forgot to takes picture with my bike on it though.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription Fusion Red Luxury and Advanced Package

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo_polestar_edition View Post
      Finally got around to installing the side skirts.

Installed them by pre drilling 16 holes 25cm apart and using anti rust screws (not self drilling)

The specs of the skirts
      Lenght: 208cm
      Width: 14 cm and 15cm on the wider parts in the front

What side skirts are these?

Junior Member Volvo_polestar_edition's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Hahamike View Post
      What side skirts are these?
      Custom made for another member. Bought a pair off him since he ordered more than one pair.
      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/volvo_polestar_edition/
      Current V60 T6 AWD Inscription owner
      Former: V60 Polestar Owner 921/1500
      Former: V40 Polestar owner
      Former Volvo V90 D5 AWD R-design owner

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Tinted taillights. Had some left over from my audi. Looked more menacing on a dark car..what do you guys think??
      Im a bit rusty and ill have to go back and iron out some wrinkles but i think it goes nucely with the black accents...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Unrelated, but I thought the PE cars come with the rectangular exhaust outlets, not the quads. Or is it different for the Canadian market?
      Ordered: 2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
      Current: 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth, 2016 Acura TLX
      Past: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, 2008 BMW Z4, 1988 Mazda RX-7, 1998 BMW M Roadster, 2004 Toyota Sequoia

Quote Originally Posted by fiatlux View Post
      Unrelated, but I thought the PE cars come with the rectangular exhaust outlets, not the quads. Or is it different for the Canadian market?
      I actually had the round ones originally. I added the quad exhaust myself

Quote Originally Posted by salv1983 View Post
      I actually had the round ones originally. I added the quad exhaust myself

Huh, I wonder why Volvo would put different exhaust outlets on the Canadian ones compared to the US ones.
      Past: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, 2008 BMW Z4, 1988 Mazda RX-7, 1998 BMW M Roadster, 2004 Toyota Sequoia

Huh, I wonder why Volvo would put different exhaust outlets on the Canadian ones compared to the US ones.
      He has a Momentum, not a PE

Quote Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
      He has a Momentum, not a PE
      Yes mine is a momentum. Whats "PE" polestar?

Yes mine is a momentum. Whats "PE" polestar?

Doh, I saw the Polestar badge on the back so I assumed it was the PE (Polestar Engineered) model. What's up with the badge? Isn't this a bit like putting an AMG badge on a C300 or an M badge on a 330i?

Doh, I saw the Polestar badge on the back so I assumed it was the PE (Polestar Engineered) model. What's up with the badge? Isn't this a bit like putting an AMG badge on a C300 or an M badge on a 330i?
      Yes it totally is. Originally i didnt think about it because i have the polestar tune on my car i really liked the look of that badge i didnt realize it was a totally different car lol now im lazy to remove them lol

Total poser mode at the moment lol

Last edited by salv1983; 06-25-2020 at 08:29 AM.

I like that taillight tint - is that film?
      2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered

Quote Originally Posted by superscuba View Post
      I like that taillight tint - is that film?
      Thanks!

its a vinyl wrap, from Vivid: 2019 VViViD+ Light Smoke Air-tintģ Headlight Tint

having never wrapped anything before I'm hesitant to attempt this on the V60 taillights

having never wrapped anything before I'm hesitant to attempt this on the V60 taillights
      its not as bad as you think, the material breaths and is more forgiving...

its not as bad as you think, the material breaths and is more forgiving...
      you talked me into it, plus it's only $15 off amazon so if I **** it up I won't feel too bad.

Does anyone know how to eliminate those ugly orange front markers in the head light housings that we get in the US?
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels, P*
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
      Does anyone know how to eliminate those ugly orange front markers in the head light housings that we get in the US?
      Yes, buy the EU headlights.
      2020 V60 CC

they're probably only $2k a piece

wish the US would modernize its laws and let us have matrix laser headlights. not sure if EU spec volvos have them, but last time I was in Germany I was in an audi that had them. amazing stuff.

they're probably only $2k a piece

wish the US would modernize its laws and let us have matrix laser headlights. not sure if EU spec volvos have them, but last time I was in Germany I was in an audi that had them. amazing stuff.
      Yes USA the youngest country with the oldest laws...

Had matrix on my VW and Audi in DE loved them.
      2020 V60 CC

Itís funny. I read somewhere that folks in the US want EU style lights while folks in the EU want US lighting with the amber markers, etc. No one can win.
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18Ē R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

Quote Originally Posted by rdr854 View Post
      Itís funny. I read somewhere that folks in the US want EU style lights while folks in the EU want US lighting with the amber markers, etc. No one can win.
      Where did you read this internet LOL...

I have not once in 20 years in EU seen or heard anyone wanting or installing USA type. Only exception I can think of is when someone is buying like 1960 corvette or old muscle car and whatís the original USA equipment.

USA specifications lights are not only ugly but also underperforming in comparison to EU. And when youíre driving 120+ MPH you need all the lights you can get
      2020 V60 CC

Ots funny yiu say that I used the film on the headlight in that area using 2 layers and knives tape... on the audi forum I heard of people puting the lights in an oven to loosen the glue housing, then remove the front portion spray the refletor or wrap it and then put it back together...

Fun fact: the reason the regulations differ in the US has little to do with safety, and everything to do with constructing a non-tarriff barrier to trade. The idea is that by making arbitrary minor differences, it increase the production costs for foreign companies because they now need to make two different versions of something. Even the most seemingly trivial change can have a huge outsized effect on cost due to the cascading effects on production and operation workflows, supply chains, etc. Granted, this also makes it more expensive for domestic companies to sell products abroad, but the idea is that domestics sell more here than foreign automakers, so net-net it's still beneficial to them.

Fun fact: the reason the regulations differ in the US has little to do with safety, and everything to do with constructing a non-tarriff barrier to trade. The idea is that by making arbitrary minor differences, it increase the production costs for foreign companies because they now need to make two different versions of something. Even the most seemingly trivial change can have a huge outsized effect on cost due to the cascading effects on production and operation workflows, supply chains, etc. Granted, this also makes it more expensive for domestic companies to sell products abroad, but the idea is that domestics sell more here than foreign automakers, so net-net it's still beneficial to them.
      Good write up for the people that did not know it.

To try and make it maybe easier to understand or just to offer and example outside automotive space itís the same as region locked movies and video games (VHS,DVD, even Netflix) all region locked to prevent a 50cent China dvd to be sold in USA.
      2020 V60 CC

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Where did you read this internet LOL...

I have not once in 20 years in EU seen or heard anyone wanting or installing USA type. Only exception I can think of is when someone is buying like 1960 corvette or old muscle car and whatís the original USA equipment.

USA specifications lights are not only ugly but also underperforming in comparison to EU. And when youíre driving 120+ MPH you need all the lights you can get
      Well you would be wrong. On Rennlist US Porsche owners are always selling their amber signal lenses and such to European buyers. I myself have done it at least 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by ForceReconTrojanII View Post
      Well you would be wrong. On Rennlist US Porsche owners are always selling their amber signal lenses and such to European buyers. I myself have done it at least 4 times.
      Who cares about signal lights, we are talking about headlights.

Not to mention that a lot of old used DE cars including Porsche are shipped back to DE as buyers are able to get them for 1/2 price before. For those imported cars legally you need the amber light and the only way to get replacement is to buy it from USA if you need a replacement part.
      Last edited by Kamil; 06-26-2020 at 05:12 PM.
      2020 V60 CC

It sounds like we are stuck with them unless wanting to spend $$$ and import the European version. Another thing that I do not like is those reflectors on the rear bumper. It has become impossible to find new releases without them. Some brands blend them in the design nicely and most do not care. I almost bought a V60CC in Red because they nicely disappear but I did not because birds love cars in Red. I never win. Hands down lol
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels, P*
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

I don't doubt that's why it stays that way, I don't think that was the original intention, when many of the standards were developed like reflectors and lighting it was before the worldwide harmonization was in full swing. It would be great to see the US participate in that now, it's already hard to get enthusiast/low volume models into the US market with our franchise system. It would be one barrier removed if a maker could just ship a UNECE compliant car here.

Who cares about signal lights, we are talking about headlights.

Not to mention that a lot of old used DE cars including Porsche are shipped back to DE as buyers are able to get them for 1/2 price before. For those imported cars legally you need the amber light and the only way to get replacement is to buy it from USA if you need a replacement part.
      Wrong, you were talking about amber lights. Older cars had them separated, newer cars have them integrated. You mentioned a 20 year time span, well 15 years ago BMW for instance separated them and there would be no demand as the headlights were identical. Porsche followed after. I get the argument on certain Volvo products as I hated them on 2005 V60R as opposed to the Euro version. A small price to pay compared to what Europeans are forced to pay for their actual cars. Most in Sweden cannot even afford the flagship model and have to rebadge to get the highest level of trim. This is across the board across all brands. So I will take our amber...

Wrong, you were talking about amber lights. Older cars had them separated, newer cars have them integrated. You mentioned a 20 year time span, well 15 years ago BMW for instance separated them and there would be no demand as the headlights were identical. Porsche followed after. I get the argument on certain Volvo products as I hated them on 2005 V60R as opposed to the Euro version. A small price to pay compared to what Europeans are forced to pay for their actual cars. Most in Sweden cannot even afford the flagship model and have to rebadge to get the highest level of trim. This is across the board across all brands. So I will take our amber...

No we are not talking about amber lights we are talking about headlights for Volvo that have integrated amber markers.

You made three posts on this forum just move on.

Also what do you know about price of cars in Europe and its comparison to income? Another American that will tell me a born and raised in Europe person how the life there is different...

Not only I drove top brands and top trims but they were 100% better speced cars to what you got in USA. And guess what most of the Central Europe countries companies provide these cars at no cost to the employees in a management position.

But please tell me more how life is in Europe....
      2020 V60 CC

No we are not talking about amber lights we are talking about headlights for Volvo that have integrated amber markers.

You made three posts on this forum just move on.

Also what do you know about price of cars in Europe and its comparison to income? Another American that will tell me a born and raised in Europe person how the life there is different...

Not only I drove top brands and top trims but they were 100% better speced cars to what you got in USA. And guess what most of the Central Europe countries companies provide these cars at no cost to the employees in a management position.

But please tell me more how life is in Europe....
      I will post where and as often as I like, but thanks.

I must have triggered a nerve. I know enough about Europe, seeing how I spent 12 years on various deployments training to defend it as an American, as my father did and his father liberating it so spare me your crap.

Carry on!

I will post where and as often as I like, but thanks.

I must have triggered a nerve. I know enough about Europe, seeing how I spent 12 years on various deployments training to defend it as an American, as my father did and his father liberating it so spare me your crap.

Carry on!
      I will carry on as you got this off topic way more then it ever needed to be.

Unless you got some accessories on your Volvo you want to post in this thread please move on.
      2020 V60 CC

Ok well on topic! Lol

Here are some cheap eBay add-ons I've installed today

lol great segue.

is that wrap or an actual carbon fiber replacement vent?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast