SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

501K views 2K replies 289 participants last post by  Keymaster 
#1 · (Edited)
Show of your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

Volvo is not the most accessorized make when compering to others however, I'm sure we got few in the group that have done some great stuff to their cars.

Wanted to create this thread for people to share what they have done or planning to do on your cars / wagons.

#251 ·
Only sunshade I've found for 2019+ V60 is windshield one when parked.
Yeah tint rules are absurd, wife has Xc40 that comes with cargo and rear windows tinted, as it's a cross over, but no go on v60 as a car. I believe American V60-CC have tint also, ride height makes it a cross over? I don't blame Volvo but still stinks

#253 ·
So this happened yesterday, wasnt paying much attention in front of me, looking for a home address to drop my son at his friends house... hit a small boulder office wrapped in fluffy snow.... good thing about a 100$ lip, you can buy another one lol
Good thing I had an extra for this exact circumstance!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

#261 ·
Check this out, it looks good and allows for differentiation between keys.

DSLRKIT Remote Key Shell Carbon Fiber for Volvo S90 2018, Volvo S90 2017,Volvo V90 2018,Volvo V90 2017,Volvo V90 Cross2018,Volvo V90 Cross2017,Volvo XC60 2018,Volvo XC90 2018, Volvo XC90 2017 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074YZ1FD1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_JYAAEb6R3VCWB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#265 ·
Just installed the RaceChip tonight. Took it for a quick drive around the neighborhood. Couldnt tell much of a difference, might be just my head playing games, placebo effect... but I'm currently on map 4, which came like this from the factory. I'll drive it a bit longer to see if theres any change, and then go up...any one else have thier experience??

#269 ·
Do you have the Polestar Optimization as well? Getting bored with mine and looking for some more power, but Race Chip doesn't specify on their site if it works in conjunction with the polestar tune.
Yes I have the P* it was a worry of mine to be honest, I've read some members with the P* tune have had issues with the ravechip... for the moment I dont have any issues. I have the RS model which is the middle range unit, it's currently set to map5 but I can go till 6. I'm waiting a bit to feel the performance... at 5 I feel it

#275 ·
Just finishing what Volvo started, they blacked out trim on this model but forgot the emblems...

Can't find these black aftermarket, so I just took them off and painted (not good enough at vinyl wrapping on car to do the small curves of the letters).

#281 ·
Thanks Car54! I like it, though close up it has a little more orange peel than I want. May have been my spray technique or that it was fairly cool (45-50 F) when I painted.

To take the emblems off, I masked around the letters to make a template for remounting. Then just used a heat gun, a $20 one from Wagner though a hair dryer would probably work, and some fishing line.

Then I lightly sanded with some 800 grit paper. Wiped clean with some paint prep, and then painted with Duplicolor perfect match. 4-5 very light coats of the black base, 10 minutes between each, then a medium coat.

https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-color-...268237&sprefix=duplicolor+perf,aps,214&sr=8-7

After 30 minutes, did the same with the gloss clear coat.

https://www.amazon.com/VHT-BCL0125-...rfect+match+clear+gloss&qid=1585268414&sr=8-2

After dry, I reattached with a very light application of 3M plastic emblem and trim adhesive, and done!

#286 ·
Finally got around to hardwiring my radar detector and front dashcam in my 2020 V60 PE.

I removed the A pillar trim by removing the bolt under the IC airbag plastic piece and pulling firmly. 2 clips up the pillar detached easily, needed to do a fair amount of jiggling to separate the trim from the dash. The dashcam is up high, so I tucked in its cable into the roof liner, ziptied it to the other wires running down the A pillar and out of the airbag's way, then through the dash/door trim to come out by the fusebox. I mounted my radar detector (Uniden R7) low on the windscreen because everything up high (including a blendmount for the mirror) blocks my lines of sight since I'm pretty tall. So that wire hugs the windshield/dash line and then follows the dashcam wire to the fusebox.

Accessing the fusebox in the passenger footwell was pretty straight forward. The carpet is a little stiff but having the SIM access port gives you a nice handle to pull on and peel it back. The fuse box cover has 2 clips toward the front, just squeeze the sides in and it hinges towards the rear.

Finding ignition-switched fuses - in a slot where my fusetaps could fit - was the hardest part. A post about hardwiring in an XC90 said the front massage seat fuse was switched, but I saw constant power there. I wound up using the fuse for passenger seat heat and hanging both cam and radar off of that with a 5a fuse. Side note: I bought a cheap5 pack of 5a micro2 fusetaps off amazon and every single one of the fuses was broken/blown. Wasted a solid hour of debugging all my connections before checking the fuse for continuity :(

Wired up a 2port 12v DC -> USB adapter (1 port for the dashcam, 1 for future use) and the Uniden hardware kit and tucked everything in behind the carpet. Plenty of room back there. Then mounted the mute control on the passenger side of the center tunnel with some double-sided 3m tape. Which is the only picture I have of this entire install because I suck at taking pictures.

Next project: wiring the rear dashcam (completely separate from the front)

#287 ·
"Got bored, so I 3D printed a modified moose head and mounted it on my V60"

I love that idea. No doubt the moose has his tongue firmly in cheek. :p

Sadly over here in the UK he wouldn't last long as the local constabulary would have their Moose detection radar pick him up and 'suggest' I removed him. :nono:

Also likely that my insurance would not be happy about it either.