Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?) - Page 15
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Results 491 to 525 of 652
    1. #491
      Junior Member Volvo_polestar_edition's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2020
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      50
      Quote Originally Posted by JTXC60 View Post
      How difficult was the bumper removal? I have an R-Design grill I plan on swapping on my XC60 Iím picking up this week.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I had it done at a Volvo workshop since the front bumper needed to be removed
      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/volvo_polestar_edition/
      Current V60 T6 AWD Inscription owner
      Former: V60 Polestar Owner 921/1500
      Former: V40 Polestar owner
      Former Volvo V90 D5 AWD R-design owner

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #492
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      244
      Quote Originally Posted by JTXC60 View Post
      How difficult was the bumper removal? I have an R-Design grill I plan on swapping on my XC60 Iím picking up this week.

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It's not terribly difficult, but without a lift, it takes a little time.




    4. #493
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      83

      Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

      Quick & Dirty if you have a thin hand like me you can squash it in and remove the grill without taking down the front. I did lose a couple of clips.

      You need a long screwdriver to flip the clips. This was a V90











      Last edited by HitTheRoadJack; 05-31-2020 at 12:23 AM.

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

    6. #494
      Junior Member JTXC60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      56
      Quote Originally Posted by HitTheRoadJack View Post
      Quick & Dirty if you have a thin hand like me you can squash it in and remove the grill without taking down the front. I did lose a couple of clips.

      You need a long screwdriver to flip the clips. This was a V90













      How many screws did the V90 have? It looks like the XC60 has two screws but the DIY I saw on an XC90 had just one. I donít know if the second screw is going to be too deep that I wonít be able to reach it.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2020 XC60 T5 Momentum Osmium Gray/Blond City Weave Textile

    7. #495
      Junior Member JTXC60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      56
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      It's not terribly difficult, but without a lift, it takes a little time.



      I actually have a lift, so it doesnít look too bad. You donít happen to have access to the XC60 instructions or point me in the right direction to find them? The XC60 seems to be the most difficult of the SPA platform cars to find information out, their section of the forum is pretty dead.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2020 XC60 T5 Momentum Osmium Gray/Blond City Weave Textile

    8. #496
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      83
      Aha then its more complicated with v60 than V90. There are no screws holding the v90 grill, only clips.

    9. #497
      Junior Member v60ccfusionred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      58
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      It's not terribly difficult, but without a lift, it takes a little time.
      Those pictorial instructions look like they came straight from IKEA. Pure Swedish style
      ________________________
      2020 V60CC
      Fusion Red Metallic/Charcoal
      T5 w/Polestar Optimization

    10. #498
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      244
      Quote Originally Posted by JTXC60 View Post
      I actually have a lift, so it doesnít look too bad. You donít happen to have access to the XC60 instructions or point me in the right direction to find them? The XC60 seems to be the most difficult of the SPA platform cars to find information out, their section of the forum is pretty dead.

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Unfortunately, I only have the S60/V60 instructions (I have a S60). If you're cool with your service advisor, see if he/she can get you XC60 specific diagrams.

    11. #499
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      244
      Quote Originally Posted by v60ccfusionred View Post
      Those pictorial instructions look like they came straight from IKEA. Pure Swedish style
      Lol! I thought the same exact thing! It's Scandinavian Minimalism!

    12. #500
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      18

      Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

      Had a complete spare grille so removed the surround and painted it gloss black and fitted today, looks a lot meaner





      Last edited by tonyg6hbq; 06-01-2020 at 02:28 PM.

    13. #501
      Junior Member salv1983's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      355
      Looks awesome!

      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

    14. #502
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      244
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyg6hbq View Post
      Had a complete spare grille so removed the surround and painted it gloss black and fitted today, looks a lot meaner
      ]
      Looks great! Any tips on removing the grill?

      My Polestar grill arrived today!

    15. #503
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      206
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      Looks great! Any tips on removing the grill?

      My Polestar grill arrived today!
      You need to do the following.

      1. Remove front wheels
      2. Release the wheel arch liners enough to release 2 bolts on each side holding up the bumper
      3. Remove all the screws on the top of the grill
      4. At the point you took out the bolts pull the bumper down and out to release the clips
      5. Gently pull the grill forward with enough space to get you hands to the back of the grill
      6. Unscrew the three sensors that are attached to the grill and release the cable thats clipped to the grill
      7. Carefully release the spring clips and withdraw the grill from the front.

      No need to fully remove the bumper

      Reverse to re-assemble.

    16. #504
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      18

      Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

      Quote Originally Posted by D3ggy View Post
      You need to do the following.

      1. Remove front wheels
      2. Release the wheel arch liners enough to release 2 bolts on each side holding up the bumper
      3. Remove all the screws on the top of the grill
      4. At the point you took out the bolts pull the bumper down and out to release the clips
      5. Gently pull the grill forward with enough space to get you hands to the back of the grill
      6. Unscrew the three sensors that are attached to the grill and release the cable thats clipped to the grill
      7. Carefully release the spring clips and withdraw the grill from the front.

      No need to fully remove the bumper

      Reverse to re-assemble.
      2. The 2x 8mm bolts vertical bumper to wing.


      Better if you have two people.
      8 clips on top of grille 7 at bottom and 1 each side, with care you can remove without breakages.

      Tools needed 25 and 30 torx. 8mm socket trim tool remover .
      There is a trim piece at the top of the bumper which clips either end also two push in plastic rivets which can be released by holding the top and pushing up on the pin from below.
      Last edited by tonyg6hbq; 06-01-2020 at 03:49 PM.

    17. #505
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      244

      Thumbs up

      Quote Originally Posted by D3ggy View Post
      You need to do the following.

      1. Remove front wheels
      2. Release the wheel arch liners enough to release 2 bolts on each side holding up the bumper
      3. Remove all the screws on the top of the grill
      4. At the point you took out the bolts pull the bumper down and out to release the clips
      5. Gently pull the grill forward with enough space to get you hands to the back of the grill
      6. Unscrew the three sensors that are attached to the grill and release the cable thats clipped to the grill
      7. Carefully release the spring clips and withdraw the grill from the front.

      No need to fully remove the bumper

      Reverse to re-assemble.
      Thanks mate! You saved me a good 90 minutes! I appreciate it. With this method, the bumper hangs off just enough to give easy access to all the grill tabs.

      For Step 1, instead of removing front wheels, I just turned the steering wheel to full lock in each direction, and loosened bolts on each side, then did the same process for the other side.




      Volvo emblem on the Polestar grill more of a Satin, compared to Chrome on my stock Momentum grill. Overall I'm very happy with this mod/upgrade. A simple way to give the car a sportier appearance.

      Last edited by AJS1KR; 06-02-2020 at 04:12 PM.

    18. #506
      Junior Member salv1983's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      355
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      Thanks mate! You saved me a good 90 minutes! I appreciate it. With this method, the bumper hangs off just enough to give easy access to all the grill tabs.

      For Step 1, instead of removing front wheels, I just turned the steering wheel to full lock in each direction, and loosened bolts on each side, then did the same process for the other side.




      Volvo emblem on the Polestar grill more of a Satin, compared to Chrome on my stock Momentum grill. Overall I'm very happy with this mod/upgrade. A simple way to give the car a sportier appearance.

      I was soon close to doing the same, I found a crazy cheap deal on a used polestar grill but it did t have the camera so after getting advice from other members I canceled the deal

      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

    19. #507
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      Alberta/Canada
      Posts
      174
      I have seen the posts for the Polestar grille without camera as part 32133776. For the life of me, I can't find the part number for that grille with the surround view camera. I would rather get a black OEM grille instead of wrapping it. Can anyone help out?
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) | Sport Suspension

    20. #508
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      244
      Quote Originally Posted by salv1983 View Post
      I was soon close to doing the same, I found a crazy cheap deal on a used polestar grill but it did t have the camera so after getting advice from other members I canceled the deal

      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      Good thing you canceled before it had shipped out. I read about someone else having the same issue, but he didn't realize it until the grill had already arrived.

      This dealer has part# 32133776 for less than $250. https://www.volvopartscounter.com/oe...rille-32133776

    21. #509
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      244
      Quote Originally Posted by thorin33 View Post
      I have seen the posts for the Polestar grille without camera as part 32133776. For the life of me, I can't find the part number for that grille with the surround view camera. I would rather get a black OEM grille instead of wrapping it. Can anyone help out?
      Try speaking with a Volvo dealership parts dept, and give them #32133776 for reference. Or find a Polestar VIN for them to reference (there are new, and used ones listed on Cars.com).

      From what my dealership told me, all Polestar grills for US market come with the camera (is 360 surround standard on US Spec Polestar models?).
      Last edited by AJS1KR; 06-02-2020 at 01:18 PM.

    22. #510
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Location
      NH, USA
      Posts
      106
      yes, fully loaded - the only non-accessory option on the US P* is the paint color.
      2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered

    23. #511
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      Alberta/Canada
      Posts
      174
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      Try speaking with a Volvo dealership parts dept, and give them #32133776 for reference. Or find a Polestar VIN for them to reference (there are new, and used ones listed on Cars.com).

      From what my dealership told me, all Polestar grills for US market come with the camera (is 360 surround standard on US Spec Polestar models?).
      I contacted Volvo Parts Counter and asked if they had a part number for the same grill as#32133776 with the camera. Once they get back to me I'll report back here.
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) | Sport Suspension

    24. #512
      Junior Member salv1983's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      355
      Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      Good thing you canceled before it had shipped out. I read about someone else having the same issue, but he didn't realize it until the grill had already arrived.

      This dealer has part# 32133776 for less than $250. https://www.volvopartscounter.com/oe...rille-32133776
      I originally bought the non camera one off a guy for 65$!!! Thats why I'm so bummed it was a deal of the century!

      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

    25. #513
      Junior Member bobafett's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Location
      Various
      Posts
      19
      I was able to add at least 100+ HP today by installing a Dave Barton Prancing Moose sticker on the back of my car + a BMC air filter.

      Don't know why people would get a RaceChip when you can get 100+ HP so easily with just a sticker and air filter...SMH.



      Last edited by bobafett; 06-02-2020 at 08:37 PM.

    26. #514
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      244
      Quote Originally Posted by salv1983 View Post
      I originally bought the non camera one off a guy for 65$!!! Thats why I'm so bummed it was a deal of the century!

      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
      That is a deal! Now I understand why you were so bummed out! MSRP is $360.

    27. #515
      Junior Member salv1983's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Montreal
      Posts
      355
      Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
      I was able to add at least 100+ HP today by installing a Dave Barton Prancing Moose sticker on the back of my car + a BMC air filter.

      Don't know why people would get a RaceChip when you can get 100+ HP so easily with just a sticker and air filter...SMH.
      Ha! Love it

      Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

    28. #516
      Junior Member Volvo_polestar_edition's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2020
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      50
      The Polestar Grille WITH camera has partnumber 32133814.

      For reference:

      https://www.volvowholesaleparts.com/...rille-32133814
      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/volvo_polestar_edition/
      Current V60 T6 AWD Inscription owner
      Former: V60 Polestar Owner 921/1500
      Former: V40 Polestar owner
      Former Volvo V90 D5 AWD R-design owner

    29. #517
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      Alberta/Canada
      Posts
      174
      Thanks. I was just about to post. It's crazy the difference in prices...my local Canadian dealer said $682. I might wait until I travel to the US to pick mine up.
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) | Sport Suspension

    30. #518
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Posts
      1
      Finally got the car mats ive been wanting for a few years!




    31. #519
      Junior Member MDicnMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Western WI - USA
      Posts
      556
      Just back from the body shop. I think I like what they did with it. Capture.jpg
      Current: 2020 V60CC, Osmium Grey, Amber
      Past: 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD, Savile Grey, Beechwood.
      Past: 2011 V50 AWD, Savile Grey
      First: 1978 245DL - Orange, Tan

    32. #520
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      24
      Hello MDicnMan,

      That looks great - I assume it's no longer "Osmium Grey" as your signature states. Did you have it repainted or wrapped?

      I applaud your for your choice of "unusual" color" - unfortunately all you can find at the dealerships are shades of grey (if you count black and white as the extremes of grey).

      I wish there was a nice blue available for the non-RD versions of the V60 ...

      Quote Originally Posted by MDicnMan View Post
      Just back from the body shop. I think I like what they did with it. Capture.jpg
      2019 V60 T6 Inscription AWD Wagon, Advanced Package, Luxury Seat Package, Heated Rear Seats & Heated Steering Wheel, 19" Inscription Alloy Wheels

      Onyx Black / Amber

      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/933387.png

    33. #521
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      856
      Got some goodies from Volvo...














      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2020 V60 CC

    34. #522
      Junior Member MDicnMan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Western WI - USA
      Posts
      556
      Quote Originally Posted by MDicnMan View Post
      Just back from the body shop. I think I like what they did with it. Capture.jpg
      Okay so I'm just kidding around. I was just having a little fun with Photoshop while I'm waiting for the deer damage to get fixed. That said, I would love to know why Volvo doesn't make any cool colors like this. Back in the day they had awesome colors like orange.

      Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Current: 2020 V60CC, Osmium Grey, Amber
      Past: 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD, Savile Grey, Beechwood.
      Past: 2011 V50 AWD, Savile Grey
      First: 1978 245DL - Orange, Tan

    35. #523
      Junior Member Volvo_polestar_edition's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2020
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      50
      Got the new footrest pedal.

      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/volvo_polestar_edition/
      Current V60 T6 AWD Inscription owner
      Former: V60 Polestar Owner 921/1500
      Former: V40 Polestar owner
      Former Volvo V90 D5 AWD R-design owner

    36. #524
      Junior Member Volvo_polestar_edition's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2020
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      50
      Testfitted my carbon fiber side skirts using my shoes as support

      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/volvo_polestar_edition/
      Current V60 T6 AWD Inscription owner
      Former: V60 Polestar Owner 921/1500
      Former: V40 Polestar owner
      Former Volvo V90 D5 AWD R-design owner

    37. #525
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      244
      Quote Originally Posted by Volvo_polestar_edition View Post
      Got the new footrest pedal.

      Pedals look great! I have the same setup!

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. What did you do to your car today?
      By cicatrizdare in forum S40 & V50 (2005-2012)
      Replies: 12452
      Last Post: Today, 06:37 AM
    2. What did you do to you S80 today?
      By kyngofpop in forum S80 (1998-2006)
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: 04-29-2018, 09:50 PM
    3. Show Off! - XC60 Wheels, Tires, and Other Modifications
      By stinkyfresh in forum XC60 (SPA: 2018- )
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: 02-26-2018, 02:52 PM
    4. Replies: 17
      Last Post: 08-03-2011, 01:22 AM
    5. Replies: 13
      Last Post: 09-18-2007, 11:23 PM