Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?) - Page 21
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by fiatlux View Post
      Where did you see that they’re offering free Polestar tunes from the factory?
      No, Polestar tune wasn't an option. When I wanted to add it at my local dealership, they hooked up the computer and was surprised it was already done. The dealership just ordered the rest of the kit and the emblem for me for free too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      2019 V60, T6 R-Design Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      Ragnarok

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Installed the V90 center console upper trim with leather on my S60...still waiting for the new lid to match

2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      Installed the V90 center console upper trim with leather on my S60...still waiting for the new lid to match

Where did you get that? Do you just place it on top or do you remove the other piece?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription Fusion Red Luxury and Advanced Package

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by schmitty8225 View Post
      Where did you get that? Do you just place it on top or do you remove the other piece?

You have to remove essentially the entire center console to get to the screws lol, it was a real pain though now that I know how to do it it would be a lot easier a second time (although i'm never doing it again!)

Credit to Symtom for doing the initial research, thread here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-T8-2019/page2

These are the parts needed along with the new lid which is on back-order. All together was $460 after tax/shipping for my charcoal leather. Worth it? For me, yes. For most people? probably not!

2019 S60 T6 Inscription

You have to remove essentially the entire center console to get to the screws lol, it was a real pain though now that I know how to do it it would be a lot easier a second time (although i'm never doing it again!)

Credit to Symtom for doing the initial research, thread here: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-T8-2019/page2

These are the parts needed along with the new lid which is on back-order. All together was $460 after tax/shipping for my charcoal leather. Worth it? For me, yes. For most people? probably not!

Way more effort than I'm willing to do. Knowing me, I'd break half the clips. I do really like the look once all the matching parts are on it. Great job.

2020 V60 T5 Inscription Fusion Red Luxury and Advanced Package

Ah Yes!! That looks great. Good Job.

Have you run into any problems. Or did you approach certain things differently?

But I agree with you. I wouldn't do this again soon.

It costs something but then you also have something

Gr Tom.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Nicely done! Hey, what do you say I order the parts and you pop across the lake and do mine?!
      Current: 2020 V60CC, Osmium Grey, Amber
      Past: 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD, Savile Grey, Beechwood.
      Past: 2011 V50 AWD, Savile Grey
      First: 1978 245DL - Orange, Tan

Quote Originally Posted by MDicnMan View Post
      Nicely done! Hey, what do you say I order the parts and you pop across the lake and do mine?!
      Sure thing, I charge $200/hour + travel

Symtom yeah I figured out it was actually way easier to remove the shifter assembly base and the whole console flips upside down right there totally loose. Put details in your original thread where we were talking.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription

You’re the best!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Do keychains count?
      Volvo: 2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
      Other: 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth, 2016 Acura TLX
      Past: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, 2010 Honda Civic, 2008 BMW Z4, 1988 Mazda RX-7, 1998 BMW M Roadster, 2004 Toyota Sequoia, 1998 Mercedes-Benz S320, 1995 Toyota Corolla

Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      I have the basic T5 Momentum, which I got as a daily driver (my fun car is my M4 manual trans). I ended up liking the S60 so much that I haven't been able to resist doing some light mods

The $200 sport suspension option on the R is a steal. The spring rates (225lbs according to another member) are higher than both Eibach, and H&R (185lbs) spring kits, plus you get matched dampers, and larger bars.
      Hey guys, first post, Volvo newb, just got my first Volvo ever...Coming out of a 2017 BMW M3 6MT, but will discuss when I create my own thread will more details of my acquisition. I have the sport chassis option on my car. I drove it tonight for the first time. I can't offer much feedback compared to a non S/C optioned car, but it's definitely more firm than I would have expected (but not nearly as firm as my M3 is with Comp Pack, lowering springs and camber plates). I would have liked the car to be a drop lower, but fear that my choice of getting the Sport Chassis will make it difficult to find a lowering spring compatible with it. Still in research mode!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoof View Post
      Hey guys, first post, Volvo newb, just got my first Volvo ever...Coming out of a 2017 BMW M3 6MT, but will discuss when I create my own thread will more details of my acquisition. I have the sport chassis option on my car. I drove it tonight for the first time. I can't offer much feedback compared to a non S/C optioned car, but it's definitely more firm than I would have expected (but not nearly as firm as my M3 is with Comp Pack, lowering springs and camber plates). I would have liked the car to be a drop lower, but fear that my choice of getting the Sport Chassis will make it difficult to find a lowering spring compatible with it. Still in research mode!
      Hey bud, welcome to the board, good to see another M owner on here. From my research (I bought the Eibach pro-kit), it seems the current aftermarket front spring offerings (Eibach, H&R) are similar in length to the R sport suspension's standard springs, but with a slightly softer rate. There wouldn't be any (if at all) change in front ride height with a sport suspension RDesign.

You can always drop the rear by using thinner spacers from Volvo themselves, or if you have it in your budget, KW offers a V3 coil-over kit for the S60III/V60II. (https://www.kwsuspensions.net/produc...mance/35267017)

Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      Hey bud, welcome to the board, good to see another M owner on here. From my research (I bought the Eibach pro-kit), it seems the current aftermarket front spring offerings (Eibach, H&R) are similar in length to the R sport suspension's standard springs, but with a slightly softer rate. There wouldn't be any (if at all) change in front ride height with a sport suspension RDesign.

You can always drop the rear by using thinner spacers from Volvo themselves, or if you have it in your budget, KW offers a V3 coil-over kit for the S60III/V60II. (https://www.kwsuspensions.net/produc...mance/35267017)
      Thanks!

You sure about the springs? The way I see it, the Sport Chassis option lowers the car a half inch from w/o the S/C option. The Eibach springs lower the car about .8-1". Logically, that would tell me the Eibach would lower the car another .3 to .5"...no?

Aside from that, the Heico springs say it would lower "up to" 30mm, or about 1.2"...

If my thinking is wrong, does that mean I won't be able to sucessfully lower my car another .5-1" without getting coilovers?

Thanks!

You sure about the springs? The way I see it, the Sport Chassis option lowers the car a half inch from w/o the S/C option. The Eibach springs lower the car about .8-1". Logically, that would tell me the Eibach would lower the car another .3 to .5"...no?

Aside from that, the Heico springs say it would lower "up to" 30mm, or about 1.2"...

If my thinking is wrong, does that mean I won't be able to sucessfully lower my car another .5-1" without getting coilovers?
      Anytime! Yes, the drop with H&R and Eibach springs (on a sport suspension) will be very minimal. Both H&R and Eibach mention this in their product notes. You may want to check with Viva Performance about the Heico spring kit.

H&R spring link: https://www.h-r.com/en/news/585/volvo-v60 You'll see a product note which says "excludes sport suspension".

Eibach Pro-Kit link: https://eibachshop.com/index.php?p67...s-volvo-v60-ii Eibach mentions "for vehicles with OE-lowered suspension, the dimension of lowering is reduced by the dimension of lowering carried out by manufacturer."

When I asked Eibach about this, they said the drop with sport suspension cars will be very minimal (0.2~0.3"), since the springs were designed for the regular (non-sport) suspension cars.

Yes you are correct, this is a Volvo ;-) Plus it has a composite leaf spring rear. So there aren't going to be many choices. I'm the one who estimated the spring rates, as you can see the springs are indeed firm, if you are familiar with BMW they are typically using springs rates under 200# even on M3s though comp packs may get over that. Different tuning philosophies there (look at a WRX, over 300# rates). The sport chassis feels pretty well damped, but probably the difference to an M3 is much more aggressive damping, especially rebound damping which BMW likes to do. I have my issues with that but I digress ha.

I'm a practical sort of guy into real performance improvement, so it's just from my view: Leave it alone. The lowering springs are designed for looks, and not for a performance improvement, and certainly not for the sport chassis. The inability to match with a new rear spring pretty much guarantees this. Lowering reduces bump travel which compromises the range of ride/handling balance. This car does have wishbone suspension up front which won't suffer static camber loss, but you might suffer camber gain as it's not adjustable and no aftermarket solution exists to correct that. The parts just don't and probably won't exist the "do it right" like the robust BMW aftermarket would!

Blacked out cup holder trim and start/stop, reflection from sun was killing me. The covers are usually open, start stop switch could be better but I'm a hackMVIMG_20200809_154039.jpg

Got the ViVA spacers install.

Video detailing the process for the ones interested in my thread. Also included before and after driving footage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2020 V60 CC 1 of 4 Crystal white with Amber interior and the only 1 with parking assist.

A little pop of color for the crystal white roof box
      Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fusace View Post
      A little pop of color for the crystal white roof box
      Looks awesome and how did you got a white box?
      2020 V60 CC 1 of 4 Crystal white with Amber interior and the only 1 with parking assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Looks awesome and how did you got a white box?
      Picked up my V90 CC OR early August and while going through all the Swedespeed posts re: OR edition and all the white boxes were liquidated after it was discontinued. And I had pretty much given up all hope. Saw a random guy on a Volvo FB group who got one for his white V90 CC and he gave me a contact at a Volvo parts dealer, although they had none in stock, I got referred to another dealer that was able to track down a showroom model (literally last one in the US) from a smaller dealership in Albany, NY. After realizing I had a ORE, they really went to bat for me and found reasonable shipping (still $800) via Volvo corporate discount to ship to California for me. Complete luck and I couldn't be happier with it and really completes the entire package.

Quote Originally Posted by fusace View Post
      Picked up my V90 CC OR early August and while going through all the Swedespeed posts re: OR edition and all the white boxes were liquidated after it was discontinued. And I had pretty much given up all hope. Saw a random guy on a Volvo FB group who got one for his white V90 CC and he gave me a contact at a Volvo parts dealer, although they had none in stock, I got referred to another dealer that was able to track down a showroom model (literally last one in the US) from a smaller dealership in Albany, NY. After realizing I had a ORE, they really went to bat for me and found reasonable shipping (still $800) via Volvo corporate discount to ship to California for me. Complete luck and I couldn't be happier with it and really completes the entire package.
      That’s awesome. But do you have a V90 then if a ORE?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      That’s awesome. But do you have a V90 then if a ORE?
      I have a 2018 V90 CC ORE, my first Volvo! The other gentleman from FB had the ORE white roof box on his V90. Keep up the awesome content!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Symtom View Post
      The Heico rear Diffusor. Painted in Black Gloss.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
      This is nice

Sneak peek of Whats to come!!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Joneswood View Post
      Dipped my front grille and rear lettering, today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Did you use a gloss coating on the grille? Just curious because i'm getting ready to dip my grille.
      Last edited by FalconStar972; 09-16-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salv1983 View Post
      Sneak peek of Whats to come!!

I thought you have the grille with the black bezel. Swapping back to this one?

Quote Originally Posted by FalconStar972 View Post
      I thought you have the grille with the black bezel. Swapping back to this one?
      Yes but mine is the momentum grill, i like the look of the polestar grill better. But im going ti be bkacking it all out.. gloss black

Blacked out lettering, front grill de-chrome with plastidip (but kept the Volvo insignia) and additional mooses (meese?) for 50hp gain

Ragnarok

Hey Visualv where did you get that grill badge from. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by risrael View Post
      Hey Visualv where did you get that grill badge from. Very nice!
      The decal is from Dave Burton Prancing Moose website. I designed and 3D printed a mount to fit onto the R-Design grill
      @lilgoat and @RootDKJ has one too

Last edited by visualv; 09-16-2020 at 10:53 AM.
      Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by visualv View Post
      The decal is from Dave Burton Prancing Moose website. I designed and 3D printed a mount to fit onto the R-Design grill
      @lilgoat and @RootDKJ has one too

Yup visualv bracket is awesome, and I have same light blue flag and moose.
      Congrats on the HP gain with the new moose boost package!

Heres some progress!!

Quote Originally Posted by FalconStar972 View Post
      Did you use a gloss coating on the grille? Just curious because i'm getting ready to dip my grille.
      No, it's satin black.

Done ! Tomorrow its going on!!

Oooooooo-purdy!

Ragnarok

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast