SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

501K views 2K replies 289 participants last post by  Keymaster 
#1 · (Edited)
Show of your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

Volvo is not the most accessorized make when compering to others however, I'm sure we got few in the group that have done some great stuff to their cars.

Wanted to create this thread for people to share what they have done or planning to do on your cars / wagons.

#60 ·
Nice. I have a XC60 myself... just spreading the joy. Post pics!

#62 ·
^^^Interesting. Have you experienced any loss of sound quality using this setup vs the wired carplay setup?

I didn’t get to play around with it that much, but on my XC60 with B&W, sound quality was night and day between playing music from my phone over bluetooth or playing it via wired carplay.

#63 ·
A question for those who have installed a wireless charger. Any overheating issue with your phone? I do not recall which charger but I have read one review on Amazon or eBay, stating that his/her phone overheated on it.

#75 ·
I don't understand why Volvo would put a supercharger in the T8. The electric motor should be sufficient to reduce the turbo lag.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
As explain above the two power trains IC and electric are not combined. If you have no battery charge you only have front wheel drive car that twice as heavy as a standard car without the battery and motors.

The engine would not have any power to get out of its way.

Not to mention that the T6 supercharged and turbocharger engine is pointless as it is by it self. Power delivery is unpredictable, power gain is not worth the initial cost, and finally any modification or tuning to the engine is not possible. Forgot about maintenance cost.

All car journalist will tell you that the T5 is the best engine option.

#79 ·
Only the media who doesn't know any better tells people to stay away from the T6. In reality it's been on the road for years and the engine itself has proven to be extremely reliable. Volvo's reliability reputation (poor) comes from electronics issues(shared across all models/engines) and the poor reliability of the first few years of the T8 system.

Again, you bought a VOLVO, not a BMW, not an Audi, not a Porsche. A VOLVO. I'm telling you that the average modern Volvo buyer is not looking for significant modifications out of the gate, and if you are, you bought the wrong car.

My '98 V70R I modified the hell out of, because it was easy and rewarding. It's the opposite on the new gen cars, and i'm okay with that.

#80 ·
Only the media who doesn't know any better tells people to stay away from the T6. In reality it's been on the road for years and the engine itself has proven to be extremely reliable. Volvo's reliability reputation (poor) comes from electronics issues(shared across all models/engines) and the poor reliability of the first few years of the T8 system.

Again, you bought a VOLVO, not a BMW, not an Audi, not a Porsche. A VOLVO. I'm telling you that the average modern Volvo buyer is not looking for significant modifications out of the gate, and if you are, you bought the wrong car.

My '98 V70R I modified the hell out of, because it was easy and rewarding. It's the opposite on the new gen cars, and i'm okay with that.
Again if you don't want to modify your car then get out of the modifications thread on this forum, especially if you think we are "dumb" for doing it.

And yes media, car journalists, mechanics, and data all shows the data of T5 vs T6 but sure let's listen to you as you know more.

Got it ;)

#81 ·
All data in your head and no data in reality.

Anyways, only reason I commented is you whining about not having enough sales and aftermarket support and now crapping on the T6 engine for absolutely no reason. You seem to have absolutely nothing positive to say about the brand whatsoever.

#85 ·
All data in your head and no data in reality.

Anyways, only reason I commented is you whining about not having enough sales and aftermarket support and now crapping on the T6 engine for absolutely no reason. You seem to have absolutely nothing positive to say about the brand whatsoever.
Stating facts and responding to questions in my own thread I started is not whining.

Go start your own thread on modifying Volvo is dumb and it's not Audi or BMW. And post there all you want

#89 · (Edited)
If given a little more time, aftermarket support will improve. New Volvo designs are bringing in Audi, BMW, Benz, etc, customers. These "new to Volvo" customers tend to modify cars at a higher rate compared to the avg (traditional) Volvo owner. In a couple of years, I'm pretty sure we'll have more options.

Worse case, we could potentially setup a community driven aftermarket company? Put together (a realistic) list of parts and applications, then contact high quality aftermarket manufacturing companies to build some private label parts. Eibach for springs (as an example), intercooler (bell), exhaust (Magnaflow), intake (XYZ), etc. There are enough cars in the community to use for prototyping parts with each aftermarket company. And with no profit margin built into the business model, community costs on the parts would be reasonable.

#90 ·
If given a little more time, aftermarket support will improve. New Volvo designs are bringing in Audi, BMW, Benz, etc, customers. These "new to Volvo" customers tend to modify cars at a higher rate compared to the avg (traditional) Volvo owner. In a couple of years, I'm pretty sure we'll have more options.

Worse case, we could potentially setup a community driven aftermarket company? Put together (a realistic) list of parts and applications, then contact high quality aftermarket manufacturing companies to build some private label parts. Eibach for springs (as an example), intercooler (bell), exhaust (Magnaflow), intake (XYZ), etc. There are enough cars in the community to use for prototyping parts with each aftermarket company. And with no profit margin built into the business model, community costs on the parts would be reasonable.
Totally agree, I'm coming from an audi background and we mod our cars quit a bit! I think that if these cars are going to be made in china we'll begin to see more aftermarket parts...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

#98 ·
^Nice! I’ll definitely get one of these to complete de look down there.

#100 ·
#105 ·
Love that front lip!

#118 ·
Just received and installed a kit of stainless steel pedals and they look sick!!

For those who consider installing then, on the OEM brake pad, there is a large tab on the right side of it so simply grab and pull it. The OEM rubber pad comes right off easily. Installing the SS brake pad is a bit tricky. Start it by pulling the sides rubber tabs out and engage the top, then let the sides sit behind the steel base from Tom down to bottom, bit by bit. As you reach the bottom, move your fingers onto the bottom tab and open it up.

The gas pedal cover slips on the OEM pedal. You want to make sure the top of the gas pedal is engaged in the pocket of the SS pedal cover. The fit is not loose but I would verify later and on a regular basis that the cover is not moving up.

The foot rest cover is coming next.

#119 ·
Just received and installed a kit of stainless steel pedals and they look sick!!

For those who consider installing then, on the OEM brake pad, there is a large tab on the right side of it so simply grab and pull it. The OEM rubber pad comes right off easily. Installing the SS brake pad is a bit tricky. Start it by pulling the sides rubber tabs out and engage the top, then let the sides sit behind the steel base from Tom down to bottom, bit by bit. As you reach the bottom, move your fingers onto the bottom tab and open it up.

The gas pedal cover slips on the OEM pedal. You want to make sure the top of the gas pedal is engaged in the pocket of the SS pedal cover. The fit is not loose but I would verify later and on a regular basis that the cover is not moving up.

The foot rest cover is coming next.
Thanks for the write up, post pictures when all done!!