Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?) - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      For 2020, V60 is offers a FWD on T5 and AWD on T8. No T6

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      2019 V60, T6 R-Design Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      Ragnarok

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thatís dope. Iíll echo what Iíve already read: looks oem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by visualv View Post
      That's a shame, for me an AWD T6 (like mine) was the best option. The lack of turbo lag, thanks to the supercharger, is really noticeable compared to a T5 (at least for me).

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The funny thing Is that with the T8 being a highbred only and only on polestar you really donít get a All wheel drive as only electric motors operate rear wheels and iC operation is on front. You should be okay when have a full charge and use hybrid mode but you only have 2 wheel drive when in pure or when you have no battery.

So I would disagree when claiming that T8 is a real all wheel drive system like the T5
      2020 V60 CC

I don't understand why Volvo would put a supercharger in the T8. The electric motor should be sufficient to reduce the turbo lag.

Ragnarok

I don't understand why Volvo would put a supercharger in the T8. The electric motor should be sufficient to reduce the turbo lag.

As explain above the two power trains IC and electric are not combined. If you have no battery charge you only have front wheel drive car that twice as heavy as a standard car without the battery and motors.

The engine would not have any power to get out of its way.

Not to mention that the T6 supercharged and turbocharger engine is pointless as it is by it self. Power delivery is unpredictable, power gain is not worth the initial cost, and finally any modification or tuning to the engine is not possible. Forgot about maintenance cost.

All car journalist will tell you that the T5 is the best engine option.
      2020 V60 CC

For fun and excitement?
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      As explain above the two power trains IC and electric are not combined. If you have no battery charge you only have front wheel drive car that twice as heavy as a standard car without the battery and motors.

The engine would not have any power to get out of its way.

Not to mention that the T6 supercharged and turbocharger engine is pointless as it is by it self. Power delivery is unpredictable, power gain is not worth the initial cost, and finally any modification or tuning to the engine is not possible. Forgot about maintenance cost.

All car journalist will tell you that the T5 is the best engine option.
      Oh please, the T6 is a fantastic engine with a great powerband. I have never once found it unpredictable nor has anyone. The T5 is a great engine, the T6 is better, though sure, more complicated. Those worried about tuning and mods aren't buying a new luxury car to do it with, and if they are, they're dumb. Maintenance cost? Psht, this is why you pre purchase maintenance when you buy the car and get the extended warranty. My car is all maintenance covered and warranty bumper to bumper for 10 years/100,000 miles.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      Oh please, the T6 is a fantastic engine with a great powerband. I have never once found it unpredictable nor has anyone. The T5 is a great engine, the T6 is better, though sure, more complicated. Those worried about tuning and mods aren't buying a new luxury car to do it with, and if they are, they're dumb. Maintenance cost? Psht, this is why you pre purchase maintenance when you buy the car and get the extended warranty. My car is all maintenance covered and warranty bumper to bumper for 10 years/100,000 miles.

Not sure whereís to even start...

You go on my post created to showcase and highlight Volvo modifications and your calling people that modify their cars dumb.

Fantastic engine thatís why every one will tell you to stay away from it, donít jump on my just because you payed extra for it.

Regardless of opinions and egos letís look at data..

All that extra weight and complexity only gives you .5 seconds gain in 1/4 mile and .7seconds in 0-60 something that a simple tune in the T5 will kill and handle better with the reduced weight vs the T6 (300lbs more) the T5 also has better braking and MPg.

Youíre dumb for modifying cars well then you just insulted most car guys everywhere.

Volvo is no different to Audi, BMW, and Porsche and look at all that community modifications and support right out the gate. Both Audi and BMW and other also support performance modifications straight from the dealership.

You wanted to pay more for T6 as well as spend cash for extended warranty and maintenance donít save you any cash or changes how reliable is the platform.

Again you pre-paying for the maintenance doesnít change the fact that youíre paying for the extra maintenance required.

To each their own youíre happy with the T6 Iím Happy for you, you donít wanna modify to your car thatís great thatís great for you.

But donít call the others that like to modify their cars dumb.
      Last edited by Kamil; 11-28-2019 at 02:08 PM.
      2020 V60 CC

Only the media who doesn't know any better tells people to stay away from the T6. In reality it's been on the road for years and the engine itself has proven to be extremely reliable. Volvo's reliability reputation (poor) comes from electronics issues(shared across all models/engines) and the poor reliability of the first few years of the T8 system.

Again, you bought a VOLVO, not a BMW, not an Audi, not a Porsche. A VOLVO. I'm telling you that the average modern Volvo buyer is not looking for significant modifications out of the gate, and if you are, you bought the wrong car.

My '98 V70R I modified the hell out of, because it was easy and rewarding. It's the opposite on the new gen cars, and i'm okay with that.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription

Only the media who doesn't know any better tells people to stay away from the T6. In reality it's been on the road for years and the engine itself has proven to be extremely reliable. Volvo's reliability reputation (poor) comes from electronics issues(shared across all models/engines) and the poor reliability of the first few years of the T8 system.

Again, you bought a VOLVO, not a BMW, not an Audi, not a Porsche. A VOLVO. I'm telling you that the average modern Volvo buyer is not looking for significant modifications out of the gate, and if you are, you bought the wrong car.

My '98 V70R I modified the hell out of, because it was easy and rewarding. It's the opposite on the new gen cars, and i'm okay with that.
      Again if you donít want to modify your car then get out of the modifications thread on this forum, especially if you think we are ďdumbĒ for doing it.

And yes media, car journalists, mechanics, and data all shows the data of T5 vs T6 but sure letís listen to you as you know more.

Got it
      2020 V60 CC

All data in your head and no data in reality.

Anyways, only reason I commented is you whining about not having enough sales and aftermarket support and now crapping on the T6 engine for absolutely no reason. You seem to have absolutely nothing positive to say about the brand whatsoever.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription

Yikes!
      Letsvget back on track...Ok, here's a new mod!
      It's kinda dumb to be honest lol

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by salv1983 View Post
      Yikes!
      Letsvget back on track...Ok, here's a new mod!
      It's kinda dumb to be honest lol

Love the carbon!!! Is is custom or vinyl? Regardless looks sharp as hell!
      2020 V60 CC

Unfortunelty it's a custom vinyl lol
      It's the new 4D epoxy Carbin from ViViD. Looks sooo real its crazy

All data in your head and no data in reality.

Anyways, only reason I commented is you whining about not having enough sales and aftermarket support and now crapping on the T6 engine for absolutely no reason. You seem to have absolutely nothing positive to say about the brand whatsoever.
      Stating facts and responding to questions in my own thread I started is not whining.

Go start your own thread on modifying Volvo is dumb and itís not Audi or BMW. And post there all you want
      2020 V60 CC

Unfortunelty it's a custom vinyl lol
      It's the new 4D epoxy Carbin from ViViD. Looks sooo real its crazy

Iím still trying to get the custom shop to get the design for me but need my car first
      2020 V60 CC

Very nicely done. I like it. I bet that added 20hp too

Ragnarok

Very nicely done. I like it. I bet that added 20hp too

Lol

If given a little more time, aftermarket support will improve. New Volvo designs are bringing in Audi, BMW, Benz, etc, customers. These "new to Volvo" customers tend to modify cars at a higher rate compared to the avg (traditional) Volvo owner. In a couple of years, I'm pretty sure we'll have more options.

Worse case, we could potentially setup a community driven aftermarket company? Put together (a realistic) list of parts and applications, then contact high quality aftermarket manufacturing companies to build some private label parts. Eibach for springs (as an example), intercooler (bell), exhaust (Magnaflow), intake (XYZ), etc. There are enough cars in the community to use for prototyping parts with each aftermarket company. And with no profit margin built into the business model, community costs on the parts would be reasonable.
      Last edited by AJS1KR; 11-28-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post
      If given a little more time, aftermarket support will improve. New Volvo designs are bringing in Audi, BMW, Benz, etc, customers. These "new to Volvo" customers tend to modify cars at a higher rate compared to the avg (traditional) Volvo owner. In a couple of years, I'm pretty sure we'll have more options.

Worse case, we could potentially setup a community driven aftermarket company? Put together (a realistic) list of parts and applications, then contact high quality aftermarket manufacturing companies to build some private label parts. Eibach for springs (as an example), intercooler (bell), exhaust (Magnaflow), intake (XYZ), etc. There are enough cars in the community to use for prototyping parts with each aftermarket company. And with no profit margin built into the business model, community costs on the parts would be reasonable.
      Totally agree, I'm coming from an audi background and we mod our cars quit a bit! I think that if these cars are going to be made in china we'll begin to see more aftermarket parts...

Quote Originally Posted by AJS1KR View Post

Very well said! I agree that the new generation of Volvo owners seek some familiar aftermarket support.

Brilliant idea on the community driven accessories sourcing.

Iím definitely in whatever we want to get together
      2020 V60 CC

Totally agree, I'm coming from an audi background and we mod our cars quit a bit! I think that if these cars are going to be made in china we'll begin to see more aftermarket parts...

Yes, I think the people that are not ď Volvo puristsď that experience other brands and aftermarket support will bring Volvo up to speed LOL.

Itís funny how I see a 200k Audi modified straight at the dealership day of delivery LOL
      2020 V60 CC

Very well said! I agree that the new generation of Volvo owners seek some familiar aftermarket support.

Brilliant idea on the community driven accessories sourcing.

Iím definitely in whatever we want to get together

When Geely bought Volvo from Ford in 2010, their CEO said he wanted Volvo to eventually compete with the German premium "big 3" - and Geely pretty much did leave Volvo alone (unlike other OEM take overs). Fast forward to 2019, and as a 22 year BMW owner (I still own a M4 manual trans), I'm pretty sure other BMW owners are considering the new generation Volvo's.

I think if we wanted to develop some parts as a community, we'd have to put together a list of parts, and possible suppliers/vendors. The only reason I'm listing these vendors is because I'm in SoCal, and they have local offices with R&D staff who can handle prototyping/measuring/manufacturing.

Parts:
      Springs (Eibach, KW, ?)
      Exhaust/Muffler (Magnaflow, Borla, Akra)
      Intake (K&N, ?)
      Intercooler (?)

Application: T5, T6
      Vehicles: S60, V60

If there are other parts people are interested in, please add to the list.

Next step would probably be contacting each vendor, seeing if they're interested, and what type of minimum quantity they'd need for a production batch.

New tints

New tints

Sweet!!! Whatís the %? Did you go ceramic?
      2020 V60 CC

Sweet!!! Whatís the %? Did you go ceramic?
      I'm not sure, I think 18-20% in the back and 25-35%front. I need to ask

Quote Originally Posted by Lucca View Post
      Is the rest pedal on the S60 and V60 different than that of the XC60?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F184023582025
      Hey bro the dead pedal fits like a glove!

Sorry for the dirty mats!
      Thanks for sending us the link! You should get it.

Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

^Nice! Iíll definitely get one of these to complete de look down there.
      Our garage...

2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT - Machine Gray Metallic/Cherry Top/Black (FUN LITTLE TOY!!!)
      2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature - Machine Gray Metallic/Auburn Nappa (replacing with a OSD 2020 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered)
      2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design w. Polestar tune - Black Sapphire Metallic/Offblack (Sold 2014)
      2006 Volvo S40 T5 Premium/Sport Package - Electric Silver/Offblack (Sold 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucca View Post
      ^Nice! Iíll definitely get one of these to complete de look down there.
      Looks great I just wish I didnt have to have these winter mats to cover it lol!

PERFECT! I hope it will work for my V60CC as well.

By the way, would this pedal set work for the V60CC? It is not listed as compatible. I guess because it is still new in the market.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Volvo-X...s/133045693303
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels

Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
      PERFECT! I hope it will work for my V60CC as well.

By the way, would this pedal set work for the V60CC? It is not listed as compatible. I guess because it is still new in the market.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Volvo-X...s/133045693303
      If the V60CC is similar to the s60 T6 then yes. I bought a similar set and they fit perfect

35. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3