SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Show off your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

501K views 2K replies 289 participants last post by  Keymaster 
#1 · (Edited)
Show of your modifications / accessories (What did you do to your Volvo today?)

Volvo is not the most accessorized make when compering to others however, I'm sure we got few in the group that have done some great stuff to their cars.

Wanted to create this thread for people to share what they have done or planning to do on your cars / wagons.

#428 ·
I did a test drive through canyon roads and the new setup feels more predictable and the car definitely stops shorter than stock. The 15lb weight loss per front wheel helps with cornering over bumpy roads too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

#431 ·
Took off my bike racks for some adjustments which gave me an excuse to remove the rails and black them out.

Terrible backlit pic where you can't see the rails in question at all, but it shows off the polestar badge so that's cool:

And two slightly less terrible pics that show off the fingerprints I forgot to wipe off before I snapped said pics:

#437 ·
Nothing special, but the first hand wash of the year. Used CarPro Reset- my go-to soap since having the car ceramic coated. You have to go panel by panel and rinse it quick, but it always comes out looking like it was just coated. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#448 ·
Came across a decent price for the Exterior Styling Kit at a local dealer (parts + installation for less than factory order), so I did a happy-birthday-to-me thing and had it installed yesterday. I'm probably in the minority, but the quad-looking exhaust tips don't do it for me, so saved a little dough by passing on those.

Also got to add my Polestar emblem after final repairs on the rear bumper/tailgate were completed from when someone backed into my car in February.

Car feels more complete, now. :)

#453 ·
The tips for my exhaust project finally arrived today. They look nearly identical to the factory tips on my T5 Momentum, and allow for an OEM appearance. I initially tried to find exhaust tips from the 2017~2018 S60 Polestar, but couldn't track anything down (if anyone knows the part#'s for those Polestar tips, that would be great). The muffler is from Vibrant Performance (2.5 inch) and is straight through. Now that the tips are finally here, next step is the actual installation.

I'm curious about any potential performance gains since my car has the Polestar tune, and higher flow BMC air filter.

#454 ·
Fresh caliper refinish.

#461 ·
Should I blacked the diagonal slash and ring too? I feel that is part of the Volvo identity and should not be messed with. What do you think?
I'd say leave it as is. Some have blacked it out and it's looks pretty good, but I'm with Gary that the slash adds contrast and also agree its Volvo's identity.

#459 ·
It looks awesome. I tend to agree with you. I like the contrast as it is. You could consider a flat finish and it is definitely a personal choice.

All the best from Minnesota USA with a fine running MY16 XC90 Inscription T8, 46K + miles