Front and Rear fog light switch... RDesign
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Front and Rear fog light switch... RDesign

Maybe it's just me, but I recently realized that I can actually turn on the front fogs. I knew I could turn on the rears, but accidentally pressed the wrong button and the fronts went on... So that's kinda cool.
      2019 XC40 RD P* & 2013 XC60 T6 P* / 2011 S60 T6 (Traded In)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes, I don't like the foglight buttons either ! Not very intuitive and I find them hard to find especially at night. A regular switch somewhere would be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Marker View Post
      Maybe it's just me, but I recently realized that I can actually turn on the front fogs. I knew I could turn on the rears, but accidentally pressed the wrong button and the fronts went on... So that's kinda cool.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

Supposedly the front fog lights on my R-Design turn with the steering wheel to light up where you're going, but I can't tell that they do sh*t. LOL! I also wish there was a "turn on fog lights by default" setting somewhere. They both seem like they'd be helpful whether there's fog or not.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by iguanoman View Post
      Supposedly the front fog lights on my R-Design turn with the steering wheel to light up where you're going, but I can't tell that they do sh*t. LOL! I also wish there was a "turn on fog lights by default" setting somewhere. They both seem like they'd be helpful whether there's fog or not.
      Have you activated that feature in Sensus? If not they will not illuminate during turns. The driver side is particularly noticeable when turning to the left. The fog light switches have been in the same place for years on Volvos, it just takes time to get accustomed to where they are.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

I've owned many Volvos over the years and this is the first one where I have trouble finding the fog light switches (especially in the dark which is when you most likely need to use them!). Poor ergonomic design IMO.

I do like the fog light turn light functionity which is useful where I live due to the unlit intersections without well defined curbs.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

Quote Originally Posted by iguanoman View Post
      Fog lights only turn on with the steering at parking lot speeds. At higher speeds it's just the active bending headlights.

Not sure I understand what's so complicated or confusing about the fog light buttons. It's two buttons in the inner part of the left stalk, top for front, bottom for rear.

Also, I really hope you guys aren't running around everywhere with rear fog lights on, they are red and extremely bright. They absolutely should not be used in anything but dense fog/snow.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements