SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Stealth EMS

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  4runner 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I finally got my stealth ems installed AND tuned. This should be a required upgrade for the DJet cars. Once I got it tuned, the car runs like it should Have from the factory, had the technology been available. I can’t say enough about the quality of the kit and the customer service of Kurt. It’s abit $$$, but not compared to peace of mind with new, reliable and easy to replace sensors. My wiring harness was corroded and had been spliced and diced over the years.

#2 ·
Any more information, Pictures, quantitate performance measurements? Did you replace the injectors or other components when you installed the Stealth?

For comparisson my car was running great but would misfire when I put my foot down quickly, replacing the Injectors alone fixed that and gave me a noticeable (subjective) performance improvement.

All I could find on the Stealth ES is the following, it sounds like a one man band in a Garage, not that that's a bad thing ... actually looks cool

https://www.facebook.com/pg/stealthems/posts/

#3 ·
It is a one man band in a garage. He’s an 1800 enthusiast and got tired of DJet limitations. I had a 48 layover in Vegas, I reached out to him, he picked me up at my hotel and let me check out his systems. I was thoroughly impressed. The stealth uses a megasquirt 2 computer that is mounted in your Bosch box. It doesn’t replace the factory injectors. It uses a GM tps sensor and the megasquirt MAP sensor. My engine is stock. It dyno at 98 hp with flat torque from 2000-5000. There’s no comparison in drive ability from stock. I had Jeff Linfert from Linfert performance in Merritt island, FL tune it. Another amazing guy. Also, the distributor is modified for a missing tooth for ignition and injection timing. I added the idle air valve. Once again, I couldn’t be happier. Car is being painted now, engine work next year, then back to Jeff Linfert for a retune with new head a cam. Jeff can also remotely tune your car.

#4 ·
If you check back about 4+ years you can find a number of posts on the 1800 forum from Kurt on his system. As far as I can tell, he hasn't been active on Swedespeed in the last 3 + years. I can't remember his forum name.

#6 ·
Hmmmmm....thx for this.....definitely interested in this as I am admittedly tired of the stumbling/jolting mine does as a function of the antiquated Bosch TPS. My only reservation is that I would like it to be 'plug and play' as I do not believe I have the tuning skill sets to set it up and maintain it myself. I will reach out to Kurt for some further insights and will update accordingly.

#7 ·
You’ll need a tuner. There’s all kinds of YouTube videos and how to’s. In the end, I wasn’t even close. I got mine tuned to sewing machine precision for $600 which included a another wide band O2 sensor that I fouled trying to tune it myself. Ask Kurt who he would recommend in your area. They’re not going to be a Volvo specific tuner, just a megasquirt tuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.