SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Ice on rear CV axles

3K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  Osmossis 
#1 ·
I noticed this last year how about a few times and first snowfall happen again but ice is building up on the rear CV axles and then he has slight vibration until clear it off anyone ever have this issue or way to stop it from happening rear skid plate perhaps?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Me too (on wheels). I found it incredible how much a little ice could cause such huge vibration. Scared me so bad that I pulled into a local garage in the town I was travelling through to make sure my wheel wasn't going to fly off. I had no clue what the vibration was but 30min of melting and a quick rinse eliminated it altogether. I suppose you could try spraying some silicon spray or on the axle and boot to make it more slippery...

#29 ·
Welp nevermind. Despite what some of the online fitment-VIN verifiers claimed, I don’t think these will on a R wagon. After looking at some install pictures the arm it attaches to is different on my R and I don’t see how it would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.