How to stop FM Radio being the default audio when starting car.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

How to stop FM Radio being the default audio when starting car.

I typically use my Phone and Android Auto to listen to Spotify in the car. Once I plug my phone to USB and select Android Auto on the Census screen I have no issues playing audio.

My issue is that when I turn the car on (before I have a chance to plug in my phone) the car starts playing FM radio.

Please advise how to disable this. I'd like to have it play nothing when I get in.

Thanks in advance everyone.
      2019 S60 T6 R-Design w/Polestar

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If secondary audio source is not available it will default to radio.

Not sure if you have a way to disable this. Did you check the operation manual? I still haven’t got the car so did not read it yet
      Last edited by Kamil; 11-13-2019 at 10:26 PM.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      If secondary audio source is not available it will default to radio.

Not sure if you have a way to disable this. Did you check the operation manual? I still haven’t got the car so did not read it yet
      Gonna take a deep dive into the 625 page (not joking) manual for the car...

https://volvornt.harte-hanks.com/man...US_TP26449.pdf

luckily the Audio segment is ONLY 50 pages

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I always read my few times and surprised at stuff I learned every time.

If you find it post up for others .

Thanks
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Unlock Driver Profile

I know you're Android, so this may be irrelevant, but I set up a shortcut in iOS that solves this. Once my phone connects to Carplay (once I plug it in to the USB) an automation runs which starts playing Apple Music. If I undock the phone, it does not default to the radio--nothing comes in over the speakers the display just tells me to connect a compatible device (for Carplay/Android Auto). Also when I first start my car it plays nothing if I don't plug in my phone and I have to manually select the radio for the radio to play.

Another thing that might play a role is I have no phone saved in bluetooth, since I use Carplay. Hopefully this helps.
      2019 V60
      T6
      Pole*

Will try these suggestions and report back. Thanks guys.

We have several Volvos with Sensus. I now have a 2020 S60 Inscription/Polestar, and have this same issue:

If I listen to a source outside of CarPlay, such as Sirius/XM, turn off the car, come back and start it, it defaults to SiriusXM

However, if I'm listening to music through CarPlay, turn off the car, and return later, it defaults to FM. I've tried locking and unlocking the driver profiles, and it doesn't make a difference. Yet on our two 2018 XC60s (and my prior 2017 S90), this would not happen - it would never default to FM.

I post on this forum about this same issue and was told about the profiles. I even started a new one and it still happens, whether the profile is locked or unlocked. One poster said to reset Sensus by disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it - I have not tried that - I need to know if that will wipe all my settings, such as Sensus settings and seat memory settings (something I want to avoid).

If you figure it out, please post!

Quote Originally Posted by DudeDad View Post
      We have several Volvos with Sensus. I now have a 2020 S60 Inscription/Polestar, and have this same issue:

If I listen to a source outside of CarPlay, such as Sirius/XM, turn off the car, come back and start it, it defaults to SiriusXM

However, if I'm listening to music through CarPlay, turn off the car, and return later, it defaults to FM. I've tried locking and unlocking the driver profiles, and it doesn't make a difference. Yet on our two 2018 XC60s (and my prior 2017 S90), this would not happen - it would never default to FM.

I post on this forum about this same issue and was told about the profiles. I even started a new one and it still happens, whether the profile is locked or unlocked. One poster said to reset Sensus by disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it - I have not tried that - I need to know if that will wipe all my settings, such as Sensus settings and seat memory settings (something I want to avoid).

If you figure it out, please post!
      One more thing - just played around with different profiles, etc. If you switch from CarPlay to SiriusXM before turning the car off, it seems to stay on SiriusXM; if you are listening to music through CarPlay and turn the car off, it will go back to FM when you start the car later. It does NOT do that on our 2018 XCX60s!

I tried everything mentioned and still after playing music using Spotify via Android auto and removing my phone and the audio stopping.....next time I get into the car the radio is playing...so annoying!

The only solution I have found is to go back to the Sensus media before turning the car off and removing my phone. So basically I go back to SiriusXM before removing my iPhone. I need to remember to do this each time. Frustrating since our two 2018 XC60s don’t have this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements