Adding hydraulic module to my 2016 xc90 polestar
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Adding hydraulic module to my 2016 xc90 polestar

Hi guys, I have a 2016 xc90 polestar which I love! The other day I wanted to update safety on it to the latest “run off road mitigation”, “ blis with steer assist and cross traffic alert” “oncoming lane mitigation” and “ oncoming mitigation by braking” features that are standard in MY19
      My service advisor said it would be only possible if I installed a hydraulic module since my car isn’t equipped with it. It’s pretty pricey and I wanted to ask you guys if anyone has experience with this upgrade on MY16 and also whether it’s worth it in your opinion.

Thank you my dears, always counting on your wisdom 🙂

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Do you have Pilot Assist 2 that works up to 80mph? The PA2 upgrade for some late 2016 models requires hydraulic module too.
      I guess it is the same module. If you already have PA2, the module should have be installed already.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

Hi thank you for your input, my car definitely has PA2 Up to 80 mph, but my service advisor tells me I don’t have hydraulic module 🏼 Is there something I am missing?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sollsken View Post
      Hi thank you for your input, my car definitely has PA2 Up to 80 mph, but my service advisor tells me I don’t have hydraulic module 🏼 Is there something I am missing?
      Double check with your dealer, or Volvo custom support. Dealer could be wrong.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 234+k miles

Quote Originally Posted by sollsken View Post
      Was in the same situation. Dealers are clueless. I was told the same and got quoted a lot of money. At the end, it was just a software upgrade and Volvo corporate covered it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
      Our first Volvo - Optimus Prime - 2016 XC90 T6 Momentum Onyx Black, HUD, Momentum+, Convenience, Vision, Climate, Pilot Assist II + Mitigation Upgrades + May 2019 Update

My Fuel Log for real life Optimus Prime fuel efficiency - http://www.fuelly.com/car/volvo/xc90...wdarygm/910536

Thank you guys, going in tomorrow to sort it out. The very fact that I have PA2 means I must have hydraulic unit so I should be upgradable to those latest safety features 🤞🏼

Correct. If you have Pilot Assist, you have the correct hydraulic pump already. You should only need Software.
      2011 S60 T6 Ember Black/Off Black, P* Tune, TDI-Tuning Box, DO88 Intercooler, IPD DP, Simons Sport Exhaust, IPD rear sway bar, H&R Springs, Bilstein B8's, 19" Polestar Wheels, 90mm Wheel Studs

I had a 2016 that didn't have PA and when I asked them to include the fancy security features after I bought it, they quoted me the pump + software. If you already have PA, you already own the pump, so it should be software only that you are missing.

mine does not have PA and the pump, even though all the buttons are there on the wheel. i was quoted like crazy amount and decided against it, not really missing out..

Quote Originally Posted by Oceans60R View Post
      Correct. If you have Pilot Assist, you have the correct hydraulic pump already. You should only need Software.
      Incorrect. Some early 2016's have PA1 and do not have the correct pump.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements