SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

TCV Part Number Compatibility/Differences

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  bmdubya1198 
#1 ·
Well, what started out as a quick TCV question has turned into more confusion... my cousin wants to order a new TCV now that his car is tuned and the boost is acting very strange, and we can't figure out which one to get. I got PN 30670448 for my 2000, but that PN is apparently only for P2s. Which is odd, because according to FCP Euro, it's also compatible with 2000 C70 and V70 models. Seems to be an error on their end.

The other TCV part number I'm seeing is 9473212 which on most parts sites shows "2000-2002". FCP shows this PN as an alternative for 30670448, so maybe it was superseded.

Weirdly Viva's website shows 30670448 for all P80 and P2 models, while most other sites just show it for P2s.

Now this is where it gets interesting... there's also 9155936 listed on FCP's website that shows to be the correct part for a 1999 model, yet Volvo parts sites just say "contact your local retailer for more info" . It's also double the price on FCP for the Pierburg one (no sense in paying for a genuine Volvo TCV).

It's just a little confusing being that all of these cars are ME7 (well, except '98s and the Nedcar S/V40s) but they use different valves.

So I guess the two part numbers I want to focus on are 9155936 and 30670448.

I originally posted this on MVS, but I thought it would be a good idea to post over here too. Another user over there brought up PN 30670449, so I guess we can throw that into the mix as well... seems to be for 2004 S/V40 and all P1s, P3s, and 2004+ P2s. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-boost-pressure-valve-genuine-volvo-30670449#description

See less See more
#3 ·
So is there any difference as far as functionality? It sounds like it should work without issue, but with the boost issues both of us have had, he doesn't want the wrong one.

#5 ·
Eh, makes sense to me. It's a cheap enough part to "upgrade" so might as well use the newer/better one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.