2019 XC60 purchase
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2019 XC60 purchase

We're looking at a unused 2019 XC60 Momentum Onyx Black T6 with an approximate discount of 18% off of MSRP. It is a nice car and is intended to replace our 2013 XC70 T6. I have a few questions and hope I can get some help.

1) The car does not have active bending headlights as in our XC70 so we thought we'd test drive at night thinking the ABLs wouldn't amount to much once we became accustomed to them. I noticed the illumnation does not start at the front edge of the hood, but instead seems to start illuminating at about 20 feet or so in front of the front bumper. Is this typical? Since there are no fog/ driving lights that empty dark space does nt get lit up. Has anyone attempted to add fog lamps?

2) Are the child booster seats as comfortable for adults as the non booster seats?

3) Has Volvo solved key programming/ memory function yet? Our 2013 key memories have never worked, dealer gave up.

4) Does this car have any battery issues?

Thanks
      2013 XC 70 Metallic Bronze w/ IPD rear sway bar
      2012 Cayman S Black Edition
      2016 GTI S

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

T6 should have fog lights, and it actually works as corner lighting like what you see.

Key fob and seat memory works well. It is tied to a whole set of settings that you can save in your profile.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      T6 should have fog lights, and it actually works as corner lighting like what you see.

Key fob and seat memory works well. It is tied to a whole set of settings that you can save in your profile.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      I have a 2019 Momentum T6....it does not have fog lights and is not available on the Momentum....only on the R-Design and Inscription....at least here in Canada....don't know about elsewhere.
      2019 XC60 Momentum T6 AWD
      Crystal White with black interior & charcoal headliner
      Climate Pkg, Vision Pkg, Convenience Pkg

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Not really much to worry about in the 20' in front of the car. I live in the country and never bother to use fog lights when I have a car with them. ABL never makes much difference for me either, not a valuable use of technology to me. I don't find the booster seats uncomfortable, however, they are NOT quite as comfortable as a car without them, and you're giving up rear heated seats to get them (If you have the heated wheel option). Profiles work well. The biggest thing to remember is the profile is changed by the key unlocking the door, not starting the car. So if you park in a garage and don't like the doors, using a different key won't change the profile. Otherwise they work pretty well. Have not heard of battery issues outside of normal things. Perhaps the start/stop battery from time to time, but most customers seem to be turning that off anyhow. Good luck! I think overall you'll greatly enjoy the SPA XC60!

Thanks all for the replies. We're still mulling this purchase over. As far as the rear booster seats we currently have 6 grandkids with another due around Thanksgiving and my other son and his Mrs who have 2 of the 6 mentioned will be delivering triplets in June. With 10 grandkids maybe we'll need those boosters. I like the idea of the T6 supercharged and turbo'd, but feel like our current 6 cylinder T6 is faster even with the tiny difference in HP. I also looked on IPD last night for an anti-sway bar but didn't find anything since the suspension on this car could use a little less body roll. Has anyone flashed the Polestar tune on this engine?
      Pics show no fog lamps and when I searched them on a Volvo parts site they are priced at about $70 a side. Of course I doubt if the harness is there, but geez for that knd of money why would Volvo cut costs, oh well.

https://pictures.dealer.com/p/perfor...y=resize&w=768
      Last edited by 3g3t7i; 11-16-2019 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Spell correct
      2013 XC 70 Metallic Bronze w/ IPD rear sway bar
      2012 Cayman S Black Edition
      2016 GTI S

I had factory fogs on our 2016 XC90 and they did nothing ... literally could not tell the difference when they were on or not.
      I would be interested in some aftermarket fogs for our XC60 as well ...

On the newer cars (at least on mine) the frogs assist with the cornering headlights and they do indeed make a difference.

1) The xc60's headlights are good and bright enough for me.
      The booster seats are as comfortable as the non booster one. They are just raised up and better for the kids.
      The problem is the build in booster seats didn't have a head rest for the kids. If they nap in the car, their head will swing around.

@D3ggy: Beautiful car/picture.
      2020 V60 Cross Country – Denim Blue/Charcoal, Advanced, Heated seats & steering wheel, 19'' wheels
      2018 XC60 T5 Inscription – Osmium Gray/Charcoal, Convenience, Vision, Heated front seats & steering wheel, 20'' wheels

Quote Originally Posted by dpokluda View Post
      @D3ggy: Beautiful car/picture.
      Wish I had taken it

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements