What do you like about your Volvo?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

What do you like about your Volvo?

I thought I would interrupt the complaints here to point out something that delighted me.

I'm not a heated seat guy. I like them for about 3 min on a cold day to take the sting out of cold leather and then I turn it off. Nothing worse than a sweaty back and rear lol. Unlike my wife who drives around with the heated seat on all winter. I'm about the same on the heated wheel, it's nice with the auto-start but who needs it after that.

But the Volvo, I've noticed the heated seat and wheel seem to work different. Now most other cars, you turn on the heated seat and even on low, it keeps heating up, until you can't stand it anymore LOL. I know many heated seats work this way, because I have looked at many wiring diagrams, the different levels are typically different wiring paths that alter the resistance across the heating wire grid in the seats. But the Volvo heating seems to work a little different, timer based or perhaps even thermostatic. Which is pretty damn cool, because you can turn it on for a while and just leave it on. It doesn't get too hot on low. I have set the auto seat and wheel heat to turn on to low, when it's cold. And I leave it on most of the time. The seat and the wheel don't get too hot, they cycle on and off from what I can tell. It's like magic! Those swedes know how to make cold weather equipment lol.

It's one of those things you could only figure out after you already own the car. Anyone else found some delightful detail about your Volvo?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There are several things for me and overall Volvo is doing things for drivers in a nice practical way, not exaggerated, and of course in a very beautiful and neat car.

PA, BLIS, HUD, Internet and the big screen is my favorite. There are so many options and settings organized on the UI that old style dash controls could never accommodate. I think I could have touched less than half of those settings and save in my profile. I think their R&D team could regret having put too many settings in it.

It is a smart car in many sense. Parking sensors, timed warming up, rain sensor and heated wipes. Apps are great also. I use Spotify frequently.

Nav software is not that great but new Android UI is coming on XC40 Recharge and later models. I hope we don't regret on the old Sensus though.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

What I love about Volvo that it’s not trying to do or be anything diffident than what it is.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

What I like the most about recent Volvo's is the interial design. I love the simplicity (even though practicality is sometimes affected; I still prefer the simplicity but that might be just me). Other than that I have to also mention safety (passive as well as active safety features) and exterior design.
      2020 V60 Cross Country – Denim Blue/Charcoal, Advanced, Heated seats & steering wheel, 19'' wheels
      2018 XC60 T5 Inscription – Osmium Gray/Charcoal, Convenience, Vision, Heated front seats & steering wheel, 20'' wheels

I love the Shadow Technology headlights, Pilot Assist, Intellisafe and its gorgeous interior.

Pilot Assist is just fantastic. I absolutely love it and will never buy a car without at least this level of automation ever again.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

It is a wagon and is a brilliant one!

I am impressed by its brake system. Very linear and powerful.

Its handling is A LOT better than I had expected. Really good response to input, and I came from a M3, AMG and Mini Cooper

I love all Intellisafe features (they actually work) and Pilot Assist.

I love the sound of the supercharger on the T6. The Harmon karden sound system is awesome.

And Inscription seats are the most comfortable I’ve ever sat in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volvos approach to interiors is simplistic and neat but their focus on cleaner/ healthier materials and reduced off gassing is next to none!
      Focus on safety is fantastic as well. Too bad all auto makers don’t think holistically like Volvo.
      Smooth power delivery is very satisfying, The BMW it replaced was no faster but “ felt” faster due to its dramatic approach to power delivery. I’m over the BMW approach, All in on Volvo!

This is all good stuff! I should mention the T6 engine is another thing I love. The little supercharger makes power from idle on up. The Volvo is a master at pulling out into even the smallest gaps in traffic with instant power.

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements