Hardwire Radar Detector and DashCam?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Hardwire Radar Detector and DashCam?

Hello all,

I am planning on very soon getting a 2019 S60 T6 R Design with Advanced package.

I was sitting in one in the show room and looked at the rear view mirror and couldn't find an "easy" way of hard wiring both Dash cam and radar detector.

In my previous vehicle (2018 Q50 Red Sport), the plug behind the rear view mirror had exposed slots and I tapped into those slots with pins from both dash cam and radar detector.

How are you guys hard wiring? I might have to snake a wire down to the fuse box and fuse tap but I liked how I did before where everything was left up by the rear view mirror.

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Pretty sure most people doing it snake down to the fuse box underneath the glove box

Example: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...Radar-Detector
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      Pretty sure most people doing it snake down to the fuse box underneath the glove box

Example: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...Radar-Detector
      Thank you! That is very helpful. I found a thread yesterday on hardwiring radar detector but the pictures provided were from photobucket which most links don't work anymore.

To anyone who has hardwired a dashcam or radar detector going down the A Pillar:

How in the hell do I get that A Pillar back on? The A Pillar defeated me. I'll try again tomorow after a full nights rest but holy cow how do I do it? I removed it with my hands and the very last part to come off was the bottom towards the windshield so naturally, I would like to install it that way as well but tomorow I'll try popping it into place from the top first but it's almost impossible.

I've seen How To's on youtube from Tommy L Garage on his XC90 and another write up here also done on the XC90 but it seems like it's very easy to do it on those.

I have everything working and wire tapped successfully but that is the only item that I can't put back. The Fuse box is also EXTREMELY tight down there (hehe) but on the XC90 there is loads of space naturally. I was not expecting the little space I encountered.

Does anybody have advice? I'm about to drive to a shop that installs electronics into cars or go to dealership and pay someone for this. Very aggravating.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements