SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Fuel door won't close question

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  aseaz404 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and the C30. A friend bought one new in 2010 and always really liked the car. I finally found a 2008 2.0 which I'm little by little putting back together, mostly suspension work. I think I'm in good shape in every area except with the fuel door. I pressed the console button and it opened the door. Now it won't close. I found some threads about non-C30 models discussing lubricating the cable, locking on its own after going 10-15 mph but I haven't had much luck thus far. A simple visible inspection (from the outside) doesn't show any broken parts and the mechanism appears to be working when I press the button. I can hear the mechanism engaging. Anyway, if someone could tell me what to expect on the 08 C30, should it just click closed by hand, do I have to be going 10-15 mph, etc. or point me in the right direction to start troubleshooting it would be very much appreciated.

Alex

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late follow up, have been side track with family coming to town. So here's what I did. At first I cleaned and lubricated the area (from the outside, accessible with the fuel door open) with grease. No change, then I was able to close it by pressing it closed and having someone press the fuel door button from the dash. I thought what a pain but a simple enough fix in the meantime. This morning, so approximately 10 days after I first noticed the issue I was back at the pump, ready to complete the work around. Pressed the fuel door button on the dash to open the door, filled up and then for kicks pressed the door shut. It closed and stayed, so not sure what the initial problem was and what exactly solved it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.