OSD purchase of 2020 XC60 T6 debacle.....
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

OSD purchase of 2020 XC60 T6 debacle.....

8 months and counting since we began the stressful OSD "journey." Volvo, OSD staff of 1 in Jersey and the dealer have all contributed to a "memorable" buying experience and not in a good way. The latest? Car due to be delivered to us by transport tomorrow BUT VIN matches a T5 NOT a T6 that we ordered and are paying for according to insurer. So if a T5 shows up I'll have to send it back. So far this car is "born" under a dark cloud. I'll see is that cloud remains hanging over the car.

Since 1981 I've owned 3 Honda's. All have bee flawless in design and operation. The newest CRV has been a joy for 5 years. if the Volvo starts failing here and there OUT it goes and on to some hapless starry eyed buyer.

I just read and responded to the owner of a 90 with piston ring failure before 50k warranty ran out. Bizarre and should have never occurred. I know, I am a former engine builder.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It appears you've mistaken this forum for a punching bag ("born under a dark cloud" WTF?)...You and BigBang will be besties.

You have the VIN # from the paperwork when you accepted your vehicle in Sweden (OSD). It doesn't match?
      OSD '18 XC60 T8 Momentum - 22" 10-spoke wheels, lowered air suspension, strut tower bar, Stealth hitch

Sorry man, seems like you haven't had the greatest experience with your purchase. I can tell you numerous positive stories I've read on this very forum with OSD, and personal experience with relatives. I hope for your sake the proper vehicle is delivered to you and your happy with it.

Be careful with trolls on this forum, because they would feed this negative fire with BS fuel. Don't let a bad dealer experience, or a freaky delivery issue blanket Volvo as the crap brand. Like I tell people all the time, you by a Volvo because you want a Volvo. If Honda is your brand, hey man there's a billion others out there driving them have at it. But don't allow people to make it a brand versus brand battle because it's a cancer on this board. Good luck with everything.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      CURRENT: 2019 Crystal White Pearl S60 T5 R-DESIGN w/ P*

PAST: 2012 Black S60 T5 w/Blonde Interior

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ranchhand1 View Post
      8 months and counting since we began the stressful OSD "journey." Volvo, OSD staff of 1 in Jersey and the dealer have all contributed to a "memorable" buying experience and not in a good way. The latest? Car due to be delivered to us by transport tomorrow BUT VIN matches a T5 NOT a T6 that we ordered and are paying for according to insurer. So if a T5 shows up I'll have to send it back. So far this car is "born" under a dark cloud. I'll see is that cloud remains hanging over the car.

Since 1981 I've owned 3 Honda's. All have bee flawless in design and operation. The newest CRV has been a joy for 5 years. if the Volvo starts failing here and there OUT it goes and on to some hapless starry eyed buyer.

I just read and responded to the owner of a 90 with piston ring failure before 50k warranty ran out. Bizarre and should have never occurred. I know, I am a former engine builder.
      Welcome to the forum! , Would you mind sharing more info about your OSD experience?
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

Is it the same car you drove in Europe? Picked up at the factory? This sounds very strange.

I donít get this, also. Your paperwork has the VIN on it. You should have made sure the VIN on the car matched the VIN on the vehicle, when you were in Europe. Now youíre saying itís a different VIN. If the VINís donít match you simply donít drive away with it. Itís that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyboy View Post
      I donít get this, also. Your paperwork has the VIN on it. You should have made sure the VIN on the car matched the VIN on the vehicle, when you were in Europe. Now youíre saying itís a different VIN. If the VINís donít match you simply donít drive away with it. Itís that simple.
      I agree. Once you're sure it's not yours. You're in the drivers seat. Extract big time discount, free maintenance contract. Go for the moon. Or, simply say return my money.

This reminds me of the guy on here who ordered a car, and when it was delivered was not the color he ordered....but he took delivery of it anyway because he didn't want to bother the dealer about it. Yet, it was a color he did not like.

If a car is delivered to you that's not up to your expectation, and certainly if it's literally not the same car, you're under ZERO obligation to take it or be put out as a result of their mistake. So even if they send you the wrong car, that dealer should put you in a loaner for the time it takes them to procure the correct/original car.

In CA, a deal is not finalized until it is driven of the lot. All deposits are refundable too.

I'm really sorry you have had this problem. Please ignore the trolls who get personally offended whenever somebody described a problem. Like all car forums, we have our share of adolescents here.
      Last edited by Walkabout; 11-21-2019 at 09:52 AM.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

Last year when I was looking to buy a T6, dealer gave me a VIN of a car that was coming in.....it didnt match at all on what I could find online.....But was a T6 and advertised as he stated. Hope it works out for you.
      2019 XC 60 T8 Inscription Osmium Grey
      2017 Honda Africa Twin

Doesnít the whole OSD thing change the legalities here? Because, correct me if Iím wrong, the consumer takes legal ownership of their vehicle while in Sweden when Volvo hands them the keys. Day 1 of ownership does not start at the USA dealership. It starts in Sweden, right?

So if the vehicle coming over on the boat isnít the same as the one he drove in Sweden, then isnít that a case of lost vehicle? And perhaps he has to deal with his insurance company and transportation company if it truly is lost. Just my guess.

Doesnít the whole OSD thing change the legalities here? Because, correct me if Iím wrong, the consumer takes legal ownership of their vehicle while in Sweden when Volvo hands them the keys. Day 1 of ownership does not start at the USA dealership. It starts in Sweden, right?

So if the vehicle coming over on the boat isnít the same as the one he drove in Sweden, then isnít that a case of lost vehicle? And perhaps he has to deal with his insurance company and transportation company if it truly is lost. Just my guess.
      You are completely right. You as the consumer are the purchaser (obviously) and the importer of the car. Not to mention the owner at the time Volvo delivery center gives you the MSO for the car. Anyone who does OSD can google the importation sites and find your name as resonsible party. Hopefully the OP will share with us how this has turned out. Generally I discount the information the dealerships have about OSDs, other than "the car just came off the truck" and they have it.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

Not sure if you are the owner and importer as I remember the last paper they gave me to sigh was the power of attorney to Volvo. But who reads the whole paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Walkabout trolls love creating conflict. It's a personality thing with them. I just laugh at their lunacy.......

Yes Walkabout trolls love creating conflict. It's a personality thing with them. I just laugh at their lunacy.......
      Did the correct car arrive?
      2019 XC 60 T8 Inscription Osmium Grey
      2017 Honda Africa Twin

Thatís all you have to say for a follow-up? Dude, you pull the pin, toss a grenade in here, and then walk away in silence.

So what happened??? Weíre dying to know how somebody can lose their vehicle while being transported half way around the world. Whatís the scoop?

Someone with 19 posts is calling others a troll?

I am just assuming , you were given a wrong VIN by mistake and now you got your car (the right one, which you took OSD in Europe before shipping it to USA) and a happy person enjoying your new Volvo.
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

I called it right - you're just another a-hole dropping in to rant and disappear. In your case, your rant was ridiculous (made zero sense) and your "oil knowledge" thread was particularly humorous.

Really, this thread is an example of a "honey pot" for the grandiose sympathizers in this forum.
      OSD '18 XC60 T8 Momentum - 22" 10-spoke wheels, lowered air suspension, strut tower bar, Stealth hitch

So what exactly happened? Did the right or wrong vehicle get delivered? If you are willing and open, this forum offers some great advice from people who have "Been There" "Done That". (Not personally done OSD).

But I can help you reach out to executives if this issue remains outstanding?

Everyone letís get serious.

I can relate to Ranchhand1 because I have experienced a similar debacle. Just last week I purchased a Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription from the local dealership. I got all the paperwork, including the original window sticker. All the VINís on paperwork and vehicle VIN matched perfectly. I thought everything was OK.

Well, believe it or not, when I woke up this morning the vehicle in my garage didnít match the VIN on my paperwork. Thatís right, the VIN changed overnight. In fact, it wasnít even a Volvo. The vehicle in my garage was a Lamborghini HuracŠn Evo Spyder. I donít know how it got there, but Iím really pissed about the whole VIN snafu. Iím seriously considering bringing the Lamborghini to my Volvo dealership and demand I get my XC60 back. What do you guys recommend I do? What would you do?

I can relate to Ranchhand1 because I have experienced a similar debacle. Just last week I purchased a Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription from the local dealership. I got all the paperwork, including the original window sticker. All the VINís on paperwork and vehicle VIN matched perfectly. I thought everything was OK.

Well, believe it or not, when I woke up this morning the vehicle in my garage didnít match the VIN on my paperwork. Thatís right, the VIN changed overnight. In fact, it wasnít even a Volvo. The vehicle in my garage was a Lamborghini HuracŠn Evo Spyder. I donít know how it got there, but Iím really pissed about the whole VIN snafu. Iím seriously considering bringing the Lamborghini to my Volvo dealership and demand I get my XC60 back. What do you guys recommend I do? What would you do?
      For a second , I thought this post was real.. ,

Iím deeply offended. My post is no more fake than Ranchhand1ís post. And we know his is 100% real.

You can turn Volvos in Lambos? How about a Bugatti? I'll gladly trade up in a heart beat!

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      You can turn Volvos in Lambos? How about a Bugatti? I'll gladly trade up in a heart beat!
      Sure. You can get a Bugatti. But be warned, the VIN wonít be the same as your Volvo VIN.

Sure. You can get a Bugatti. But be warned, the VIN wonít be the same as your Volvo VIN.
      It's OK. I hear Vin Numbers are like a lottery ticket. The numbers you draw aren't usually the ones that get called.

29. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements