2017 S60 Polestar resale value
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2017 S60 Polestar resale value

This isn't a sale listing. I'm hoping for some help with pricing my car in preparation for sale. Willow seemed to get some good info from their recent similar question.

My son is having some medical issues so I'm strongly considering selling the P*. Love the car but I'm just not using it enough. It's a '17 S60 in Onyx Black with roughly 3300 miles. I'm original owner and it's still under factory warranty until 2021. Unfortunately had an accident at 2700 miles (guy ran a red light and hit my left quarter) which has been repaired correctly by a Volvo-authorized shop with all OEM parts (with pics and documentation). NADA shows clean trade at 37 and retail at 40. KBB shows private party range of 38 to 41. Prices on sites like Cargurus and Autotrader are all over the place.

Any suggestions for where to price it considering the mileage and accident? As in, what's aggressive but fair? Is 38 realistic? 35? 32?

Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Banner Advertiser George @ ViVA's Avatar
      Location of vehicle will also have an impact on the resale value. Where are you located?

I would start at $37-38k and go from there. How extensive was the damage in terms of $$$? If it was a fairly minor hit then it shouldn't have that much of an impact on price. If it was more significant then that may turn people away unless there was more of a discount. Just my 2 cents.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Thanks for your input.

Car is in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      I would start at $37-38k and go from there. How extensive was the damage in terms of $$$? If it was a fairly minor hit then it shouldn't have that much of an impact on price. If it was more significant then that may turn people away unless there was more of a discount. Just my 2 cents.
      Appreciate your perspective. The damage that required body repair was limited to a small dent and scratches on the quarter panel. Everything else that was damaged was replaced with genuine Volvo parts. I have pics of the damage and a complete list of repairs so a prospective buyer could see exactly what happened. It wasn't cheap but I know it was done right.

So assuming that the car has been repaired to as-new, how much of a discount would outweigh the risk? You suggested 37 as a starting point. How much more of a discount do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdCoast View Post
      Appreciate your perspective. The damage that required body repair was limited to a small dent and scratches on the quarter panel. Everything else that was damaged was replaced with genuine Volvo parts. I have pics of the damage and a complete list of repairs so a prospective buyer could see exactly what happened. It wasn't cheap but I know it was done right.

So assuming that the car has been repaired to as-new, how much of a discount would outweigh the risk? You suggested 37 as a starting point. How much more of a discount do you suggest?
      In your case it sounds like the damage was pretty minor (small dent and scratches on the quarter panel as you indicated) so I don't think much of a discount is appropriate, as least in my way of thinking so I would be starting at $37-38k.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT

In your case it sounds like the damage was pretty minor (small dent and scratches on the quarter panel as you indicated) so I don't think much of a discount is appropriate, as least in my way of thinking so I would be starting at $37-38k.
      So assuming you're right, how much more of a discount to make it a great deal? What price do you think would make people take notice? I mean, I'm sure it would be gone tomorrow if I listed it for 25, right? So what's a fair but aggressive price? Does anyone else think a '17 with 3300 miles for $37k is a great deal?

So assuming you're right, how much more of a discount to make it a great deal? What price do you think would make people take notice? I mean, I'm sure it would be gone tomorrow if I listed it for 25, right? So what's a fair but aggressive price? Does anyone else think a '17 with 3300 miles for $37k is a great deal?
      There's this comp in your state that has a lot more miles, but looks to be CPO and is the more desirable rebel blue, for $33.8k so if you wanted to make it a great deal I would be thinking lower 30's? Just a guess.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

There's this comp in your state that has a lot more miles, but looks to be CPO and is the more desirable rebel blue, for $33.8k so if you wanted to make it a great deal I would be thinking lower 30's? Just a guess.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
      I saw that one, too. I wondered how a buyer might weigh things like mileage, color, and history. This is exactly what I'm trying to calculate so thank you for bringing it up! So if you were in the market, would you choose the car you linked to over mine if the price was similar? Does Rebel Blue with 24 months of unlimited mileage warranty and a clear Carfax beat Onyx Black with 14 months/46,700 miles of warranty, one more free factory service, one (photographed and documented) accident, and 30,000 fewer miles? I know that different things appeal to different people but which would you choose if I listed mine for the same price? What factors affect your decision the most?

To me it sounds like a $35k or so car. Yes the miles and warranty are low, but being black and a sedan makes it slightly less desirable. Even if the accident was minor, it will still be on a Carfax and the next owner would be worried about their own resale value
      Daily Driver: 2006 XC70 AWD Willow Green / Beige, 146k, "XC"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R sedan Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R estate Cream Yellow / Black, 287k, "Daisy2"
      Garage Queen: 2005 V70R Flash Green / Nordkap, 86k, "Flash"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"
      Past: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 88k, "Roxy"

I saw that one, too. I wondered how a buyer might weigh things like mileage, color, and history. This is exactly what I'm trying to calculate so thank you for bringing it up! So if you were in the market, would you choose the car you linked to over mine if the price was similar? Does Rebel Blue with 24 months of unlimited mileage warranty and a clear Carfax beat Onyx Black with 14 months/46,700 miles of warranty, one more free factory service, one (photographed and documented) accident, and 30,000 fewer miles? I know that different things appeal to different people but which would you choose if I listed mine for the same price? What factors affect your decision the most?
      For the same money I would take yours all day long as long as I was comfortable with its condition. A minor accident would not bother me. Though some will disagree with me I tend to favor low miles because I don't drive my cars a lot. Some folks may weight color and CPO more than miles but I just see it as less wear and tear, less opportunity for the car to be beat on, etc.

The other thing to keep in mind is that since this is/was a pretty low volume car there isn't a huge market for them so it may take longer to sell, even though your price may be perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ckmack View Post
      To me it sounds like a $35k or so car. Yes the miles and warranty are low, but being black and a sedan makes it slightly less desirable. Even if the accident was minor, it will still be on a Carfax and the next owner would be worried about their own resale value
      Thanks for the feedback. I don't disagree with your logic. What's funny is that I totally prefer the sedan over the wagon (even if the wagon is awesome) and prefer the Rebel Blue as an accent rather than as the primary color. However, I understand that my opinion is irrelevant when it comes to selling the car. I appreciate your input.

Everyone is going to have different priorities. For me, I value certified pre-owned and color over very low mileage as my vehicles are not daily drivers.

I do think $35k is a good starting point but given this is a private party sale, expect haggling to be done due to non-clean carfax...

Good luck!
      2017 Rebel Blue V60 Polestar
      2017 Electric Blue Elantra Sport 6MT w/ Premium pkg
      Previous:
      2008 E63 AMG wagon
      2002 Audi S6 Avant
      2001.5 Audi S4 (stage 2+)
      1994 Acura Integra RS

Having recently traded in my 04 Crossfire to get my wife a 19 Miata RF, I can say the dealer did put emphasis on the non-clean Carfax. It was a deer kill and repaired at the insurance-approved shop. Reason stated was the next buyer would have doubts if the repair was done well.

I would list the car at USD35,000 firm. Personally, I prefer the CPO and the blue is a striking color IMO. Black is tough to keep clean and clearly our tastes are different. An unlimited miles warranty might appeal to someone who racks up the mileage.

Just my $0.02 and good luck w the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by mightar View Post
      Everyone is going to have different priorities. For me, I value certified pre-owned and color over very low mileage as my vehicles are not daily drivers.

I do think $35k is a good starting point but given this is a private party sale, expect haggling to be done due to non-clean carfax...

Good luck!
      Thanks for your feedback. I agree that a Rebel Blue exterior is probably adds the most value but I'm not sure I follow your reasoning about CPO being more important than mileage. Regardless, I appreciate your willingness to put a number on it and agree that haggling is as certain as death or taxes. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tunahoagie1 View Post
      Having recently traded in my 04 Crossfire to get my wife a 19 Miata RF, I can say the dealer did put emphasis on the non-clean Carfax. It was a deer kill and repaired at the insurance-approved shop. Reason stated was the next buyer would have doubts if the repair was done well.

I would list the car at USD35,000 firm. Personally, I prefer the CPO and the blue is a striking color IMO. Black is tough to keep clean and clearly our tastes are different. An unlimited miles warranty might appeal to someone who racks up the mileage.

Just my $0.02 and good luck w the sale.
      Thanks, tunahoagie1. Yes, you need to be a bit of a masochist to own a black car, especially if you actually take care of it.

Gotta love negotiating a trade-in with a dealer. Years ago, I actually had a dealer tell me as he inspected my accident-free trade that an accident provided a chance to "update" the car and that was why my car was worth less.

I'm still confused about the whole CPO thing. As mentioned before, a CPO car extends the warranty by a year from the original in-service date and switches the mileage to unlimited. However, my car still has 14 months and 47k miles (over 3300 miles per month) of warranty left and you could still add an extended warranty from Steingold if you wanted more time/mileage. It just had its annual service and was thoroughly inspected by a tech who appreciates the P*. I guess my point is, would you rather buy used from a dealer who may/may not know the history of the car (Carfax accuracy?) or the original Volvo-nerd owner who has a folder of everything that's been done and personal experience with the car? As you said, different strokes for different folks.

BTW, I'm a big fan of the RF. I bet your wife loves it. Thanks for your input.

I'd rather buy from the Volvo nerd with all records. The recently revised CPO program doesn't really get you that much but folks here talk about reasonably priced extensions that may make it more palatable.

And like with anything, dealers, buyers, use carfax accidents as a negotiating tool, no matter how minor the accident was. I've traded in a few cars with accident histories and got very good trade-in values (and good purchase prices on the other side) and accidents were never mentioned by the used car manager/buyer. YMMV.
      Last edited by Wayne T5; 11-22-2019 at 10:51 AM.

curious what was the $ amount of the repair bill from the accident?

Quote Originally Posted by zn14 View Post
      curious what was the $ amount of the repair bill from the accident?
      Appreciate your question. How does that impact your perception of the value? In other words, if you were buying from a dealer, you'd just see the accident on the history report but probably wouldn't have any info about the damage. How much of a discount would you expect from the dealer due to an accident, assuming the car appeared to be repaired properly and was in great condition and a color you liked?

Since I have an itemized list of parts/repairs with pictures to back it up, does that make my car more or less valuable relative to a dealer car (if you were in the market)?

Not trying to evade the question. Want to understand how much an accident really affects value and it appears to be completely up to the buyer. Kind of like color preference. I suspect that I should just price it at market value as some have already suggested and hope for a buyer who is more concerned with the mileage and condition than with the history.

What I consider to be a slight accident may be very different from what you think. I am aware body work has gotten very expensive and was curious what the bill was. You are asking how the accident may effect value, it will, but it depends on how much damage was done in the accident. By your answer I apologize for putting you on the spot.

This isn't a sale listing. I'm hoping for some help with pricing my car in preparation for sale. Willow seemed to get some good info from their recent similar question.

My son is having some medical issues so I'm strongly considering selling the P*. Love the car but I'm just not using it enough. It's a '17 S60 in Onyx Black with roughly 3300 miles. I'm original owner and it's still under factory warranty until 2021. Unfortunately had an accident at 2700 miles (guy ran a red light and hit my left quarter) which has been repaired correctly by a Volvo-authorized shop with all OEM parts (with pics and documentation). NADA shows clean trade at 37 and retail at 40. KBB shows private party range of 38 to 41. Prices on sites like Cargurus and Autotrader are all over the place.

Any suggestions for where to price it considering the mileage and accident? As in, what's aggressive but fair? Is 38 realistic? 35? 32?

Thanks for your help.
      What all was damaged in the accident? How much was repair bill to fix the vehicle?

An accident can significant affect pricing, even if the car was repaired "properly". Insurance companies will tell you otherwise, but they're covering their own bottom lines. I.E. Trying to weasel out of diminished value claims.

Example: Two people are in the market for a car. Identical Specs, Similar Mileage, Equal Options.

Car A - Clean history is $38k
      Car B - Moderate Accident, but Volvo Repaired....$38K

It's quite obvious Car A moves and Car B sits. Because Car B will never compete and command the same pricing as an unblemished vehicle. Making car B have a lower resale value.

Appreciate your question. How does that impact your perception of the value? In other words, if you were buying from a dealer, you'd just see the accident on the history report but probably wouldn't have any info about the damage. How much of a discount would you expect from the dealer due to an accident, assuming the car appeared to be repaired properly and was in great condition and a color you liked?

Since I have an itemized list of parts/repairs with pictures to back it up, does that make my car more or less valuable relative to a dealer car (if you were in the market)?

Not trying to evade the question. Want to understand how much an accident really affects value and it appears to be completely up to the buyer. Kind of like color preference. I suspect that I should just price it at market value as some have already suggested and hope for a buyer who is more concerned with the mileage and condition than with the history.
      Private party or dealer. An accident that cause more than cosmetic damage is going to hurt resale. If there was actual body damage, the dealer can't sell your $38K car for $38K. It'll have to discount the vehicle accordingly (depending upon damage) to move off the lot

Again two people looking for a car. One spotless record and one having been in an accident. Person will without a doubt pick the spotless.

We can't answer your question unless you tell us all that was damaged... But by the sound of you not wanting to answer, it seems your car was involved in at least a moderate accident. Which means you should have fought for DIMINISHED VALUE from at fault party to offset your loss. As a car with moderate damage could easily go for 20-30 less depending upon what all was damaged in the collision.

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      What all was damaged in the accident? How much was repair bill to fix the vehicle?

An accident can significant affect pricing, even if the car was repaired "properly". Insurance companies will tell you otherwise, but they're covering their own bottom lines. I.E. Trying to weasel out of diminished value claims.

Example: Two people are in the market for a car. Identical Specs, Similar Mileage, Equal Options.

Car A - Clean history is $38k
      Car B - Moderate Accident, but Volvo Repaired....$38K

It's quite obvious Car A moves and Car B sits. Because Car B will never compete and command the same pricing as an unblemished vehicle. Making car B have a lower resale value.
      I agree with you, which is why I asked the question. I don't see many other used '17s with 3300 miles so I wondered if the low mileage might help offset the accident slightly. As you suggested, if you were looking at two identical cars, how much of a discount would entice you to purchase Car B?

Thanks for your input.

Private party or dealer. An accident that cause more than cosmetic damage is going to hurt resale. If there was actual body damage, the dealer can't sell your $38K car for $38K. It'll have to discount the vehicle accordingly (depending upon damage) to move off the lot

Again two people looking for a car. One spotless record and one having been in an accident. Person will without a doubt pick the spotless.

We can't answer your question unless you tell us all that was damaged... But by the sound of you not wanting to answer, it seems your car was involved in at least a moderate accident. Which means you should have fought for DIMINISHED VALUE from at fault party to offset your loss. As a car with moderate damage could easily go for 20-30 less depending upon what all was damaged in the collision.
      Michigan is a no-fault state. Diminished value wasn't an option, unfortunately.

Price of anything depends on supply and demand. If there are lots of identical choices, I agree that the car with a clean history report will sell first. If it's the only one within a few hundred miles, it's probably going to require an unusual buyer and more will depend on condition and mileage.

Accident was reported as moderate. I'm not sure all of the details are necessary. My question is a general one; if you're in the market for a P* and find one with less than 5000 miles in a color you like but there's an accident on the history report, how much of a discount would make it worth considering? You look it over and it shows as-new and drives perfectly. You have a PPI done by your independent shop and they give it a thumbs up with no issues or signs of damage. Average private party value is about 38.5 and the seller is asking 37 (as an example). How much does the accident change the value to you? How much would you offer? I'm making the assumption that you own a P* and understand the insanity behind buying a $60k 2017 S60 in the first place.

For the record, I would disclose all of the details about the accident with a prospective buyer.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!
      Last edited by ThirdCoast; 11-24-2019 at 04:22 PM. Reason: accidentally erased end of quote

Michigan is a no-fault state. Diminished value wasn't an option, unfortunately.
      Yes and no. I'm not a lawyer, but according this lawyer, 3rd party claims are not prohibited as courts have made no ruling regarding such claims. Meaning you can't pursue the carrier for diminished value, but you can pursue the other party. "No court decisions regarding recovery allowed for diminution in value of a damaged vehicle in a third-party claim".

https://www.mwl-law.com/wp-content/u...-50-STATES.pdf

Price of anything depends on supply and demand. If there are lots of identical choices, I agree that the car with a clean history report will sell first. If it's the only one within a few hundred miles, it's probably going to require an unusual buyer and more will depend on condition and mileage.

Accident was reported as moderate. I'm not sure all of the details are necessary. My question is a general one; if you're in the market for a P* and find one with less than 5000 miles in a color you like but there's an accident on the history report, how much of a discount would make it worth considering? You look it over and it shows as-new and drives perfectly. You have a PPI done by your independent shop and they give it a thumbs up with no issues or signs of damage. Average private party value is about 38.5 and the seller is asking 37 (as an example). How much does the accident change the value to you? How much would you offer? I'm making the assumption that you own a P* and understand the insanity behind buying a $60k 2017 S60 in the first place.

For the record, I would disclose all of the details about the accident with a prospective buyer.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!
      Well again, yes and no. Let's say there's a rare collector car where only a few dozen were ever made. An accident would certainly hurt the value, but someone wanting to own that specific vehicle, may be more forgiving and overlook said faults. Thus, would a bidder pay the same as an unblemished example, MAYBE.

The thing with Volvo's is two fold:

1. There's not a very high demand comparative to other car makers. Volvo only commands less than 1% of the total auto industry market share in the United States

2. Polestars, while numbered, are not truly a collectors car in the truest of senses, We aren't talking a 1965 Shelby Mustang GT where the market demand is forgiving because so few examples exists.

When in fact, a 2017 Polestar, while numbered, depreciates in value relative to a non polestar Volvo. Meaning the market isn't pricing Volvo Polestars in the same category as a Shelby GT that appreciates versus depreciates.

3. Ultimately, list it for sale. Put a sticker on it. And see where the chips fall. Maybe you'll find a forgiving buyer and won't take a massive hit. All a matter of finding that one right person.

Note I don't own a polestar but I can state one thing and I'm sure the techs would agree. A vehicle that suffered frame damaged, even if repaired, could still have issues with tracking straight and a weakened frame in the areas repaired.

So the true answer as to how much the car has been diminished, hinges upon WHAT ALL was damaged. If this car suffered frame damage, I'd say you're going to have a far more difficult time selling and will most likely need to offer a sizeable discount. If it was merely cosmetic (new bumper, new panels repainting, etc) vs structural, then a buyer will certainly be more forgiving.

5000 miles and "looking new" isn't a saving grace. Compare to buying a house. It's nicely remodeled. Everything is brand new (roof, furnace, ac, etc), but then you found out the house has a foundation problem. You really don't care the house is "valued at $150K" in good condition. What you now know is you're spending $30K to fix the foundation and that house won't sell for anywhere near 150K with said issue.
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 11-24-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Yes and no. I'm not a lawyer, but according this lawyer, 3rd party claims are not prohibited as courts have made no ruling regarding such claims. Meaning you can't pursue the carrier for diminished value, but you can pursue the other party. "No court decisions regarding recovery allowed for diminution in value of a damaged vehicle in a third-party claim".

https://www.mwl-law.com/wp-content/u...-50-STATES.pdf

Well again, yes and no. Let's say there's a rare collector car where only a few dozen were ever made. An accident would certainly hurt the value, but someone wanting to own that specific vehicle, may be more forgiving and overlook said faults. Thus, would a bidder pay the same as an unblemished example, MAYBE.

The thing with Volvo's is two fold:

1. There's not a very high demand comparative to other car makers. Volvo only commands less than 1% of the total auto industry market share in the United States

2. Polestars, while numbered, are not truly a collectors car in the truest of senses, We aren't talking a 1965 Shelby Mustang GT where the market demand is forgiving because so few examples exists.

When in fact, a 2017 Polestar, while numbered, depreciates in value relative to a non polestar Volvo. Meaning the market isn't pricing Volvo Polestars in the same category as a Shelby GT that appreciates versus depreciates.

3. Ultimately, list it for sale. Put a sticker on it. And see where the chips fall. Maybe you'll find a forgiving buyer and won't take a massive hit. All a matter of finding that one right person.

Note I don't own a polestar but I can state one thing and I'm sure the techs would agree. A vehicle that suffered frame damaged, even if repaired, could still have issues with tracking straight and a weakened frame in the areas repaired.

So the true answer as to how much the car has been diminished, hinges upon WHAT ALL was damaged. If this car suffered frame damage, I'd say you're going to have a far more difficult time selling and will most likely need to offer a sizeable discount. If it was merely cosmetic (new bumper, new panels repainting, etc) vs structural, then a buyer will certainly be more forgiving.

5000 miles and "looking new" isn't a saving grace. Compare to buying a house. It's nicely remodeled. Everything is brand new (roof, furnace, ac, etc), but then you found out the house has a foundation problem. You really don't care the house is "valued at $150K" in good condition. What you now know is you're spending $30K to fix the foundation and that house won't sell for anywhere near 150K with said issue.
      Good points, all.

I researched the process of suing for diminished value. The condition of the car that hit me, and the accompanying caravan, suggested that collecting on any successful verdict would be difficult.

I agree that the only way to know for sure it just to list it and see what happens. The buyer will either be specifically looking for a P* or might be an RD buyer who would consider upgrading if the price was right.

To clarify, the accident didn't do any structural damage. The cosmetic damage took a few square inches of fill and some paint. However, the car wouldn't restart at the time (fuel pump disengaged due to impact?) and was flatbedded from the scene, which I suspect was why the officer deemed it moderate.

Thanks for explaining your thinking.

Good points, all.

I researched the process of suing for diminished value. The condition of the car that hit me, and the accompanying caravan, suggested that collecting on any successful verdict would be difficult.

I agree that the only way to know for sure it just to list it and see what happens. The buyer will either be specifically looking for a P* or might be an RD buyer who would consider upgrading if the price was right.

To clarify, the accident didn't do any structural damage. The cosmetic damage took a few square inches of fill and some paint. However, the car wouldn't restart at the time (fuel pump disengaged due to impact?) and was flatbedded from the scene, which I suspect was why the officer deemed it moderate.

Thanks for explaining your thinking.
      1. Save the service records. It will help alleviate any fears of a buyer seeing a "moderate accident" on the vehicle history. Your choice on whether to disclose damage on listing. But without a doubt, you'll want to show the work order to anyone who asks, proving damages were superficial and cosmetic in nature.

2. Michigan allows up to $6,000 in small claims court. It'd probably cost $100-200 for a diminished value appraisal. Or the round about way, which won't net you as much, is take the vehicle to CarMax. Get True Market Value certified offer, and compare that offer to a vehicle in "spotless condition". The difference is your loss.

1. Save the service records. It will help alleviate any fears of a buyer seeing a "moderate accident" on the vehicle history. Your choice on whether to disclose damage on listing. But without a doubt, you'll want to show the work order to anyone who asks, proving damages were superficial and cosmetic in nature.

2. Michigan allows up to $6,000 in small claims court. It'd probably cost $100-200 for a diminished value appraisal. Or the round about way, which won't net you as much, is take the vehicle to CarMax. Get True Market Value certified offer, and compare that offer to a vehicle in "spotless condition". The difference is your loss.
      Guy was from out of state and don't think he could afford $600, let alone $6k, but your advice is appreciated. I'll do some more checking to see how I would go about filing a claim.

Guy was from out of state and don't think he could afford $600, let alone $6k, but your advice is appreciated. I'll do some more checking to see how I would go about filing a claim.
      Not sure how that works if the at fault is out of state. Would think you could file a claim through his policy since he's not beholden to Michigan's No Fault Standards. But that's merely a guess, and I am not a lawyer.

None the less, it might be worth doing some checking on how to recover losses from diminished value. To clarify bit on True Market Value from CarMax, take that offer and compare to True Market Value for vehicle without an accident. That'd be your loss.

I had a new chevy S10 that was clipped while parked. The insurance company listed the accident as minor but since the repair listed repairs to the front quarter, bumper, mirror and door carfax listed it as a major accident which destroyed the resale value. The actual repair was a respray, new bumper, minor patching on the front quarter and a new mirror for a total of 1200.00. I would check your VIN on carfax to see what the accident flags as. If the damage is listed as major then mileage may not matter to an independent buyer.

For a dealer any damage is too much and you'll get taken to the cleaners. I would post it for sale here and on enthusiasts forums. The average Joe will not know what a polestar is and likely won't appreciate its suspension or other specialized bits. Enthusiasts will know the cost of the consumables on this car and will place a much higher value on your low mileage. Folks here will be more likely to overlook an accident with good documentation and records. Especially someone who is looking to track the car.
      2005 S60 2.5T AWD
      2014 XC60 T6 AWD

Didn't learn from the 2005s repair bills and brought home a second. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess

33. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements