Carplay Issues
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Carplay Issues

Carplay Issues

Anyone else having issues with CarPlay? Sometimes when I plug my phone in I get a connection error and sometimes I don't get an error right away but when I launch an app, it disconnects. I have to turn the car off and back on for it to "fix" it. I thought maybe at first it was an OS bug or my phone but I've upgraded the OS several times over the past few months as the updates have come out and I got a new iPhone 11 Pro Max and it persists. I think it's an issue with Sensus. It seems to happen mainly when I've disconnected the phone before shutting off the car fully (ignition off, door opened).
      Joe
      '19 XC60 T5 P* AWD R-Design

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Take it in and get the 2.0 upgrade - I believe the May 2019 update resolved a lot of the carplay issues....

I'll get the Connection Error maybe once every month or two. It does require turning the ignition off and back on to resolve. Otherwise, CarPlay has been pretty solid, for me.

Make sure you're using a QUALITY cable and that you're not pinching it when routing it out of the center console. There are two lines above the USB ports showing you the best place to route the cable past the lid.

I have had good success with Anker Powerline+ cables.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
      I have had good success with Anker Powerline+ cables.
      That's exactly what I'm using and I even switched to a different one to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Also, I do have the latest (it was done in July) update on the car.
      Joe
      '19 XC60 T5 P* AWD R-Design

Apart from latest software on the car, I am using Anker Powerline II 3-in-1 cable and it works without any issue so far, I had issue with one of the local store brand USB-C cable. My wife uses Apply carplay and I use Android Auto and this cable is really useful when you have different OS phones/ connectors. Apologise for huge image , there is no support to resize the image (or I could not find an option to do so).
      Last edited by PSamy; 11-21-2019 at 08:39 PM.
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

We get once in a while. Unplug phone, wait a few seconds, plugin back in. We also found that it never works if we plug the phone in before starting the car.

Had the same problems with flaky connections, till I cleaned the charging port on the phone. Never had a problem again.

Quote Originally Posted by jre View Post
      Anyone else having issues with CarPlay? Sometimes when I plug my phone in I get a connection error and sometimes I don't get an error right away but when I launch an app, it disconnects. I have to turn the car off and back on for it to "fix" it. I thought maybe at first it was an OS bug or my phone but I've upgraded the OS several times over the past few months as the updates have come out and I got a new iPhone 11 Pro Max and it persists. I think it's an issue with Sensus. It seems to happen mainly when I've disconnected the phone before shutting off the car fully (ignition off, door opened).
      I get this from time to time. The other day my Sensus kept rebooting and the only solution was to unplug my iPhone and disconnect from carplay. That's the only time that has happened, but I semi-frequently (1-2x a month) get the connection error. For me, I've noticed it mainly with podcasts and I haven't figured out the pattern to know if it's related to when I plug my phone in, if I pause podcast before disconnecting cord/turning car off etc. I have the most up to date Sensus FWIW.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements