Forgot your password?

XC60 Front lips dent/damaged

I knew this will happened one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

How?
      Sent from a device using some software

Probably parking garage. I never hit curbs or any sidewalk.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The concrete block in the parking lot? , folks with air suspension with auto lowering should also be careful. When they park too close to curb or any objects which may clear while parking but will hit when the car lowers automatically once the ignition is turned off.
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by PSamy View Post
      The concrete block in the parking lot? , folks with air suspension with auto lowering should also be careful. When they park too close to curb or any objects which may clear while parking but will hit when the car lowers automatically once the ignition is turned off.
      This is why mine is set off

Theres been a rash of boulders "attacking" SUVs lately?

https://jalopnik.com/evil-boulder-me...stf-1839642818

OSD '18 XC60 T8 Momentum - 22" 10-spoke wheels, lowered air suspension, strut tower bar, Stealth hitch

Sorry to hear. Sadly, some of these front lips look great, but are are lower than normal curbs and parking lot blockers. I had a similar thing happen to a former BMW (no air suspension, but the sports pkg that had lower front and back-end), not 2 weeks after I took delivery on a shopping center concrete stopper — and I hate remembering this, but again a year later at another location where I pulled out at a lookout point, and the paved stall just angled down enough towards the curb and sidewalk ahead that my car hit going in — very slow, but enough to clobber the paint job on the lower lip. Cost me $1200 each time to have a good body shop remove that part of the front end, do a GOOD paint job to exactly match the rest of the car, and get me going again.

I learned to try and be careful pulling in ever since, but honestly, it’s now one of the things I worry about most with any new low-to-the-road car. My former Model S came out with a firmware update several months after I took delivery that allowed me to set it’s air suspension to lower or raise when I came into predefined geofenced locations — e.g. my mother’s driveway that has a horrible dip from the street as you enter and go up towards her garage... That worked fine once I set it, but not so great on the first event or when I just wasn’t paying close enough attention in other places... {:-( Remembering “the scraping sound” has just sent shivers up my spine — no thanks for remembering that . — time for my first glass of Friday Night wine!!!

Again, sorry to hear about the incident, but THANK YOU for the reminder I better pay attention when my new XC60 arrives, and make good use of manual Air Suspension control.
      Bert

Present: ‘20 XC60 T8 Inscription
      Past: ‘15 Tesla S90D; ‘14 SLK250; '13 RX450h; ‘09 335i; ‘06 RX400h; ‘02 SC430; ‘99 RX300; ‘95 SC300; ‘91 Legend...

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements