Engine Mount brands, IPD or RockAuto?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Engine Mount brands, IPD or RockAuto?

Hey all,

Back again with more questions on what to buy for my 2007 V50 T5 AWD (auto).

After combing through the DIY Sticky, my issues of vibration when driving, visible engine movement and thunks when going into Reverse can be chalked up to being worn engine mounts. Checked service history, as I've only had this car for about a year, and sure enough, nothing done- currently at 125k miles.

So, I started the hunt for new mounts- left, right and torque.

Problem is... there's a bit of discrepancy in cost when comparing IPD or Rock Auto, and brands as well.

(Prices are rounded)
      IPD has their Mount Kit Builder:

Right- #124239 Enging Mount (no name, just Aftermarket) for $88
      Left- #124579 MTC Engine Mount for $70
      Torque- #115133 Hutchingson Lower Torque Mount for another $76 (another option- Billet for another $40)
      Shipping: Free

Total : ~$235

RockAuto has a brand called URO Parts:

Right- #31262676 for $50
      Left- #31316498 for $44
      Torque- #31277442 for $32
      Shipping: $15

Total: ~$142

Is the ~$90 savings that big in part difference? I've shopped from RockAuto multiple times for all of mine, and friends cars, and has never done me wrong. I am inclined to get RockAuto parts, but if IPD is more trusted with brand names they resell, then I can definitely swing that way.

Any and all input is appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I bought my mounts from Tasca... the OE Volvo were about $100 each (I got the upgraded hydraulic mount with brackets for the M66). And I got a genuine Ford E-focus for the torque mount for $50.

I had a real bad experience with cheapo mounts on my Odyssey van. I would go with Hutchinson or OE Volvo. Here they are at FCP (free lifetime replacement): https://www.fcpeuro.com/Volvo-parts/...5&b=6&d=673&v=

If you want to save a few bucks, you can get noname versions of the e-Focus mount for $25. I have heard people bash Uro parts... I have a Uro coolant tank and it's fine, but rubber parts are a different animal.

Just as a note, I changed the lower mount & passenger (31262676) side mount with OE Volvo and the steering wheel still vibrates slightly (but anyway it's not as bad as previously). Also the reverse thunk didn't go anywhere, it's still there and I still hate it.

Right- #31262676: You probably don't want anything other than OEM, because the $30 stuff is just chinese rubber and don't really accomplish what they're supposed to. You may have luck with ProSwedeParts or Huttchinson (but you can still find people that didn't), but they're like $15 cheaper than OEM at most, if you get lucky.

Let us know the results, maybe you can convince me to replace the last, driver side mount, if it will solve all of your problems

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Go fcp and never buy it again.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Well #1 make sure rockauto can ship to your state - they've cut back recently on that, and Colorado is not shipped to any longer.

+1 to FCP if it isn't too costly.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha - 10:1 Wisecos; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

URO brand is garbage!!! if you dont want to replace your mounts again for a long time stay away from that brand.

Here is a link to the genuine Ford "e Focus" torque mount. It is considered a performance upgrade, but my car is very smooth with it:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...ctor-cm5z6068a

You can get knockoff versions cheaper, and they are probably ok, and at least they are easy to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrages View Post
      Here is a link to the genuine Ford "e Focus" torque mount. It is considered a performance upgrade, but my car is very smooth with it:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...ctor-cm5z6068a

You can get knockoff versions cheaper, and they are probably ok, and at least they are easy to replace.
      Oh, this looks just like the IPD one, but less flashy and more OEM.

This is a direct bolt-on replacement correct? I'd much rather go this route than pay double for the same thing- do you happen to have links/sources to where it is said this is an upgrade?

I have the Passenger side Upper Mount - OE taken Off at 38,000 but Found it made No Difference with New Design , anyone needs it it's "Free" Your Shipping - in Perfect Condition ..
      I Ended Up doing IPD Frt LCA Bushing and White_Line Anti Drive LCA Larger Rear Bushing , Night & Day Difference . . slightly Heavier _ Wheel Feel , and Under Hard Stopping
      All Wheels Planted , Plus Much Better Grip Pulling away . . ON Front Wheel Drive Only S40 or V50 forward Grip Increase would like going Up a Tire Size . .
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Here's The Difference Bushings make , in Cold Wet with some Sand on Road : Drift on Last Turn as I was getting the Feel for the New Bushing Set Up ..
      https://youtu.be/zEFwuGWeD5s
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements