SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2005 s40 HID headlight headlight assembly replacement

941 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  MyNameIdeasWereTaken 
#1 ·
Regarding 2005 s40: can i I install my HID bulbs and ballast into a Halogen assembly to replace a broken HID assembly.

#2 ·
You'd have to swap over the projectors, bulb housing, and wiring harness.

To easily do this, you'd have to disassemble the entire headlight assembly. At that point, most people just buy cheap aftermarket Halogen assemblies and swap over the parts they need to their current bixenon assemblies.

#3 ·
Piggybacking on this older related thread to inquire about replacing an HID assembly with a Halogen assembly?

I have HID in my 05 S40 - but I need to replace the entire passenger side cheaply. Can I simply purchase a halogen assembly and plug it in?

Thanks in advance for any advice on solving the issue affordably.

(I keep burning out HID bulbs rapidly on this side and the insulation inside the housing seems brittle and crumbling everywhere as if it has overheated)

#4 ·
Can I simply purchase a halogen assembly and plug it in?
No. Same response as before.

You'd have to swap over the projectors, bulb housing, and wiring harness.

To easily do this, you'd have to disassemble the entire headlight assembly. At that point, most people just buy cheap aftermarket Halogen assemblies and swap over the parts they need to their current bixenon assemblies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.