Latest November update and what it includes.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Latest November update and what it includes.

New update for November is out and what it includes.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...ftware-updates
      2018 XC60 T6 Inscription Denim Blue/blond everything but air suspension and B&W.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the info, Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      CURRENT: 2019 Crystal White Pearl S60 T5 R-DESIGN w/ P*

PAST: 2012 Black S60 T5 w/Blonde Interior

Great, let me check out the details.. hope they have some easter eggs
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 XC60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Convenience | Vision | Advanced | B&W Premium Sound | Heated | Air Suspension | 21" Wheels | Polestar

Thank you Volvo for listening to us about the XM Subscription notice.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

Not sure when it was installed. Previously I could remote start from my phone with no lock code on my phone. Now it is required. When I go into VOC and remote start I have to input my phone lock code. Not sure the thinking behind this as you can't move the car in remote start

oh, well
      Sold: 98 V70 2.5T 289k Miles
      Sold 05 V70 2.5
      Sold: 05 XC90 2.5T 313986 Miles
      Traded 2017 V60 Platinum Mussel Blue OSD
      2019 XC60 Inscription (almost OSD)

Thanks. Not to see how to get these without a fight at the dealer...
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
      Thank you Volvo for listening to us about the XM Subscription notice.
      This ^^ Can't wait to have mine installed and have this go away!

To anyone with the update:

Is the update worth a trip to the dealer? Is the infotainment finally faster (says they tried something in the patch notes, but how much improvement is there)? It is literally unusable when the car is booting up for the first minute or so... one of the only gripes I have with mine.

That may be true in the 2018, but it's a non issue in the 2019.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

No issues in 2020 either. as soon as it boots everything can be used.

Thanks for the reply, @Walkabout and @stocis are you referring to the software version or the hardware? My understanding is that they only started using the faster computers in the SPA S60s in 2020 XC90s and XC60s.

Quote Originally Posted by deathernater View Post
      Thanks for the reply, @Walkabout and @stocis are you referring to the software version or the hardware? My understanding is that they only started using the faster computers in the SPA S60s in 2020 XC90s and XC60s.
      They started using the faster processor since MY19. MY20 additionally got the option to permanently disable start/stop. MY18 and older have a slower processor.
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

That a shame, any chance you think we can convince the dealer or Volvo to swap the processor unit out for the faster one? It's extremely annoying the backup camera does not turn on when the system is still loading other crap when starting the car.

That a shame, any chance you think we can convince the dealer or Volvo to swap the processor unit out for the faster one? It's extremely annoying the backup camera does not turn on when the system is still loading other crap when starting the car.
      I do not think so. Unless your entire Sensus unit is being replaced under some kind of warranty issue.

I've gotten used to the boot speed and do not mind it much. By the time, I'm settled in the seat, plug in my phone, put on my seatbelt and put the car in reverse, it usually shows up the backup camera without any delay. The Spotify app takes another 30-45 seconds to load and that all I need for my daily drive.
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

On my MY2018, the backup camera turns on in a second when I put in R gear, while system is still loading and touch screen is not really usable. As long as I don't need to change anything on screen I don't see much sluggish or delay.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolic View Post
      They started using the faster processor since MY19. MY20 additionally got the option to permanently disable start/stop. MY18 and older have a slower processor.
      Since this is in the XC60 forum, the processor in the IHU for the XC60 has always been the updated one. The XC90 and S/V90 had the older processor through MY17. Starting in MY18 everyone is on the updated hardware.

MY19+ has the ability to disable S/S permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolic View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
      Since this is in the XC60 forum, the processor in the IHU for the XC60 has always been the updated one. The XC90 and S/V90 had the older processor through MY17. Starting in MY18 everyone is on the updated hardware.

MY19+ has the ability to disable S/S permanently.
      Permanently disable start/stop system just because MY2019 has a petrol particle filter

So Volvo changes its multimedia processor every year
      Last edited by BigBang; 12-10-2019 at 04:57 PM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Not doubting you, but if the microprocessor is the same and the software is the same why would 2018s seem to have lag whereas the 2019 does not?

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
      Not doubting you, but if the microprocessor is the same and the software is the same why would 2018s seem to have lag whereas the 2019 does not?
      Psychological?

That or comparing between one car that has all the unused apps added, versus one that does not?

But seriously, remove all apps that are unused, otherwise Sensus is trying to load all of them at start up and seek updates.

On our 2019 the dealer added all of them. Sensus seemed kinda slow to load. So I uninstalled apps we don't use and voila...Sensus was much faster to load on first start of the day.

I don't think it's psychological. It's too well documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
      I don't think it's psychological. It's too well documented.
      The transition is chassis number related, so maybe the update IHUs came into play part way into MY18. I never went looking to figure out what the MY chassis number cut-offs were.

But otherwise, the parts-fiche doesn't indicate another later change, so at the very least, some (most?) MY18s have the same hardware as later builds.

Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      Permanently disable start/stop system just because MY2019 has a petrol particle filter

So Volvo changes its multimedia processor every year
      The particle filter is only on European version, not American I think.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
      Psychological?

That or comparing between one car that has all the unused apps added, versus one that does not?

But seriously, remove all apps that are unused, otherwise Sensus is trying to load all of them at start up and seek updates.

On our 2019 the dealer added all of them. Sensus seemed kinda slow to load. So I uninstalled apps we don't use and voila...Sensus was much faster to load on first start of the day.
      I have a MY2018 built in Nov 2017. Maybe it is among the late MY2018 cars. I don't feel much delay. Maybe because I don't need to change anything on screen when starting driving.

The phone in the car is also related. Sometimes phone is slower to get connected via Bluetooth and this affect Sensus.

Regardless my 2013 BMW's iDrive initializes almost instantaneously and does not hesitate to pull up the back up camera at all. If Volvo is trying to move upmarket I consider this a bad and incompetent usability oversight. The fact that they did at least change the processor for the SPA S60 shows that they accept this as such.

I did get my car patched to July 2019 at the dealer and it has been much better. However, it is still between half a minute to a minute before the system is usable. These cars never completely shutoff electronically nowadays anyways and are pretty smart about how they manage battery charge... how can they not come up with some better pre-boot or sleep mechanism to speed this up.

My BMW seems to boot up at the point of unlock but the Volvo seems to only boot up when the driver door is opened.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      The particle filter is only on European version, not American I think.

Maybe , I know that the US has a different standard from the EU , but ........

Explain then why software cannot be upgraded to MY2018 to permanently shut down the Start-Stop system on US market
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Regardless my 2013 BMW's iDrive initializes almost instantaneously and does not hesitate to pull up the back up camera at all. If Volvo is trying to move upmarket I consider this a bad and incompetent usability oversight. The fact that they did at least change the processor for the SPA S60 shows that they accept this as such.

I did get my car patched to July 2019 at the dealer and it has been much better. However, it is still between half a minute to a minute before the system is usable. These cars never completely shutoff electronically nowadays anyways and are pretty smart about how they manage battery charge... how can they not come up with some better pre-boot or sleep mechanism to speed this up.

My BMW seems to boot up at the point of unlock but the Volvo seems to only boot up when the driver door is opened.
      The only problem is the processor and memory

Compare the features multimedia on Audi Q5 and the BMW X3 with the Volvo XC60 and you'll be clear about why the Volvo system is as slow and unmatched with its competitors

I read that MB GLC facelift has a new MBUX multimedia system which is great

Last edited by BigBang; 12-11-2019 at 04:52 PM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

The only problem is the processor and memory

Compare the features multimedia on Audi Q5 and the BMW X3 with the Volvo XC60 and you'll be clear about why the Volvo system is as slow and unmatched with its competitors
      I agree with you that this is a hardware oversight. They cheaped out on the processor and memory. I was hoping at least the update can try and alleviate some of the pains. The car not being ready for you when you start it is really frustrating to me as an owner.

This is my first Volvo as I support what they are doing with the new SPA platform and the overall direction they are moving in. I voted with my wallet and I hope to see they address this as best as they can to keep my vote for the next car.

Maybe , I know that the US has a different standard from the EU , but ........

Explain then why software cannot be upgraded to MY2018 to permanently shut down the Start-Stop system on US market
      Guess that's something Volvo US has to consider implementing/explaining, not Volvo Europe or FusionRedXC60.
      Maybe the regulation for EU also affects cars imported from EU Automotive Companies.

I had absolutely no issues with the memory or processor of the 2020 model. Sensus boots up in seconds, to the point were it connected the call I was having through bluetooth before I even sat in the driver seat.

Maybe the 2020 model is better, or they did something else, I don't know.

My next door neighbour has the GLC since early summer. We park our cars side by side and every morning we have a little chat before going to work. I've asked him his feedback about the GLC when I had already bought my XC60 and was waiting for it. My colleague at work has the Q5 2018. Another colleague has the X1. All of them are their 30's like myself and we share common thoughts for our cars.

Every car could be better. Just like every phone (android/iphone), appliance, even person.

Personally I dislike the exterior look of the GLC, X3/5 and the Q5. I find the XC60 much more meaner looking.
      On the other hand I love the look of the Velar, both interior and exterior. However seeing the same car with the new Evoque for generating revenue I immediately disliked/hated it. Same concept as the ghost/phantom for you TopGear fans if that makes any sense. I mean at least Volvo did an effort with the exterior on the XC40/60/90 series.

As interior goes, all of the cars have great/luxurious interiors, except the BMW which has always been at the bottom of the list for me. All of their interiors have a retro theme, which I can't understand. When you get inside the i8 of 2019, interior looks cheap and plasticky.. Instead you get inside an Audi A series/Volvo S or C series/any Merc from 2009 and the difference (again to me) is massive. And let's not forget the ridiculousness that went on with the Z4/MX5 (exactly the same).

TL;DR; To me, it really comes down to a matter of preference really. Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Volvo have always provided great cars. To put one over the other is just a personal thing.
      Last edited by stocis; 12-12-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
      Guess that's something Volvo US has to consider implementing/explaining, not Volvo Europe or FusionRedXC60.
      Maybe the regulation for EU also affects cars imported from EU Automotive Companies.

I had absolutely no issues with the memory or processor of the 2020 model. Sensus boots up in seconds, to the point were it connected the call I was having through bluetooth before I even sat in the driver seat.
      Maybe the 2020 model is better, or they did something else, I don't know.
      I don't think you understood.
      The Sensus system is fully operational only when you fasten your seat belt, when you get control of the driver's display

As for the Start-Stop system, the same is the case with Volvo models in the Middle East, you can only shut it down permanently on the M2020
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

I don't think you understood.
      The Sensus system is fully operational only when you fasten your seat belt, when you get control of the driver's display

As for the Start-Stop system, the same is the case with Volvo models in the Middle East, you can only shut it down permanently on the M2020
      I have the M2020 and the start/stop system cannot be permanently shut down. I'm in Cyprus, Europe.
      Weirdly enough, the function has been disabled in my moms' XC40 2018.

I have the M2020 and the start/stop system cannot be permanently shut down. I'm in Cyprus, Europe.
      They've released this upgraded software just on late November, probably your car has still previous version. Need to wait for Service 2.0...

XC40 is first Volvo to use petrol particle filter, that's why he has this option

Strange that your MY2020 does not have this option
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements