Problems with aftermarket install 06 V70
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Problems with aftermarket install 06 V70

I am doing some projects to keep my wife's V70 on the road. This weekend I have replaced the rear tailgate wiper motor, (maybe one of the easiest auto repair jobs I have ever done).

I am replacing the rear driver side window regulator and I have the door panel off. The motor "works" with the door window switch (but not well)

I am also replacing the stock CD player with an after-market unit. I have all of the wiring done and the radio works. I still have to install the radio into the trim piece and right now it is not plugged into the harness.

I mentioned all of what I did to get to the problems I am having which were not there before I started. There seems to be no power up in overhead mini "console" that houses the the sunroof switch (won't open or close) and the 2 interior lights (won't turn on).

The other thing that stopped working is the switches on the driver door. None of the power windows work with the master panel on the driver armrest (all of the other 3 windows work at the individual door switches).

Finally, there is a new message in the message center that says SRS AIRBAG SERVICE URGENT"

Is there a possibility that those switches won't work while the radio and other components are disconnected? I figure I am going to have to get it reset. My OBD II?

thanks

Gary

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You got the SRS message when you had CCM disconnected and probably turned key to position II. Happens all the time. You'll need Vida to reset SRS.
      Probably have a bad DDM if drivers window switch does not operated any window and other window switches work.
      Having an aftermarket radio won't cause any faults or issues except steering wheel controls may not work.
      Try a battery reset and see if everything comes back. I've seen low battery voltage put modules in a sleep mode and they don't wake up until power to zero.
      Just google Volvo Battery Reset.
      2011 S60 T6 Ember Black/Off Black, P* Tune, TDI-Tuning Box, DO88 Intercooler, IPD DP, Simons Sport Exhaust, IPD rear sway bar, H&R Springs, Bilstein B8's, 19" Polestar Wheels, 90mm Wheel Studs

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements