The excitement is growing...let the modding begin!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The excitement is growing...let the modding begin!

I'm still pretty new to the world of Volvo, after 20+ years spent with modified Mustangs and a BMW, but I have to say my 2015 V60 T6 R-Design may be the most fun all-around and versatile vehicle I've ever owned. I've had it a little over a year and a half now, after buying it second-hand...so let the modding begin at 44,000 miles.

I just recently received (from Viva) a do88 intercooler, and have on order from them the black/race Powerflex upper torque rod bushing.

Then also recently received (from Snabb) all three of their T6 kits in hi-temp ceramic coating... cold air intake/filter , intake pipe , and charge pipe .

I added this blue pre-filter/hydrophobic sock to the Snabb filter (which fits like it was made for it): Filterwears 42158

...and then to celebrate Black Friday, I took advantage of the discounts being offered by

Elevate, and ordered the GT catback exhaust , and

Now I just have to find the time to install all of it...LOL. #firstworldproblems

I do have to say, research and posts from people like @Bunnspeed, and @OscarII have definitely been inspiring!

-Robert

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bincky View Post
      I'm still pretty new to the world of Volvo, after 20+ years spent with modified Mustangs and a BMW, but I have to say my 2015 V60 T6 R-Design may be the most fun all-around and versatile vehicle I've ever owned. I've had it a little over a year and a half now, after buying it second-hand...so let the modding begin at 44,000 miles.

I just recently received (from Viva) a do88 intercooler, and have on order from them the black/race Powerflex upper torque rod bushing.

Then also recently received (from Snabb) all three of their T6 kits in hi-temp ceramic coating... cold air intake/filter , intake pipe , and charge pipe .

I added this blue pre-filter/hydrophobic sock to the Snabb filter (which fits like it was made for it): Filterwears 42158

...and then to celebrate Black Friday, I took advantage of the discounts being offered by

Elevate, and ordered the GT catback exhaust , and

Now I just have to find the time to install all of it...LOL. #firstworldproblems

I do have to say, research and posts from people like @Bunnspeed, and @OscarII have definitely been inspiring!

-Robert
      I've got the GT exhaust on mine (back from when it was KPAX) and I love it. I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on the do88 intercooler with the black friday sale.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      2015 Crystal White Pearl S60 T6 R-Design
      KPAX Catback Exhaust
      Powerflex Torque Rod Insert
      IPD Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks
      18" Polestar Replicas

welcome to Volvo and congratulations on the V60 T6 R ! Just read it has stock 325 HP and 354 Torque..that's a fastback ! Makes my T5 look bad. What will your new numbers look like once all is said and done ?

Nice, thanks for sharing your work. You just might leave some Bimmers and ponies in the dust !
      2012 S60 T5 FWD & 2013 XC90 AWD

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
      welcome to Volvo and congratulations on the V60 T6 R ! Just read it has stock 325 HP and 354 Torque..that's a fastback ! Makes my T5 look bad. What will your new numbers look like once all is said and done ?

Nice, thanks for sharing your work. You just might leave some Bimmers and ponies in the dust !
      I think you will love your mods. I also must thank OscarII and Bunnspeed. Sharing their knowledge. This is whet it lead to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2015 Black V 60 RD K-Pax Racing edition #1 of #1 ???

Quote Originally Posted by willkoch1990 View Post
      I've got the GT exhaust on mine (back from when it was KPAX) and I love it. I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on the do88 intercooler with the black friday sale.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      I've watched SO many Youtube videos of the exhaust...I can't wait. You have the other thing I desperately need...a bigger rear sway bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post

I'm really not sure what my numbers will look like...just trying to lay a good foundation for future mods that can take full advantage of it all (tune, modified turbo, etc.).

Certainly nothing to make your T5 look bad...the T5s have been built to incredible horsepower levels...it's the tried and true motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Slachman View Post
      I think you will love your mods. I also must thank OscarII and Bunnspeed. Sharing their knowledge. This is whet it lead to
      I would be thrilled to play in that ballpark!

Thanks for the love, guys!

Welcome to the forum, and I'm looking forward to seeing your car progress!
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

Nice mod list! Can't wait to see how this progresses.
      Nick
      2015.5 V60 T6 RD, Crystal White Pearl
      19x8.5 +45 O.Z. Ultraleggera HLT on 235/40R-19 Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements