Auto Start-Stop - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Auto Start-Stop

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1234 View Post
      Actually the voltage of main battery and secondary battery can be displayed on a smartphone. I can read both with Car Scanner ELM OBD2 app for Android (or iPhone), as well as main battery's SoC (state of charge) and charging current, ASS will never work below 80-85%SoC. The real bonus is the exact oil level in the 4-cylinder VEA engine
      I've been thinking about getting a OBD2 bluetooth device. Might be the perfect thing for a Christmas present. There are so many out there though. Can anyone recommend a good one around ~$20, or are the good ones all more expensive?
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Premier T5 FWD (with a new engine)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by meade18 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Peter1234 View Post
      Actually the voltage of main battery and secondary battery can be displayed on a smartphone. I can read both with Car Scanner ELM OBD2 app for Android (or iPhone), as well as main battery's SoC (state of charge) and charging current, ASS will never work below 80-85%SoC. The real bonus is the exact oil level in the 4-cylinder VEA engine
      I've been thinking about getting a OBD2 bluetooth device. Might be the perfect thing for a Christmas present. There are so many out there though. Can anyone recommend a good one around ~$20, or are the good ones all more expensive?
      I use the Torque Pro app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.prowl.torque ) with this generic ELM327 Bluetooth adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS

Haven't had any problems with it in the 5 years I've been using it. I prefer the small cost of Torque Pro to the free apps because this way there are no annoying pop up ads in the program.
      Last edited by zenmervolt; 12-05-2019 at 09:25 AM.
      I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right.
      2012 S60 T6 R-Design | 1998 S70 T5 SE | 1986 944 Turbo

Did a little research and it looks like the Veepeak line is legit. https://www.veepeak.com/product-category/obd2-scanner/ I'm debating between the cheap $11 one or the high end $32 one that supports more apps.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Does anyone know on a 2017 S60 where is the start/stop battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovedoughnuts View Post
      Does anyone know on a 2017 S60 where is the start/stop battery?
      I believe its under the windshield on the passenger side.
      2016 V60 T6 AWD R-Design POLESTAR

Did a little research and it looks like the Veepeak line is legit. https://www.veepeak.com/product-category/obd2-scanner/ I'm debating between the cheap $11 one or the high end $32 one that supports more apps.
      No need for more apps; Torque Pro will do all the regular OBDII things. If you need more than that you're into the point where you should just bite the bullet and go with VIDA or VDASH with a DiCE unit.

A 2017 S60 probably doesn't have a second battery, at least not in the US market. My 2016 S60 with Start/Stop doesn't have one. Here's a link from the Volvo UK site to the possible locations if it exists:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...y---start-stop
      Current Volvo: 2016 S60 T5 Inscription w/Platinum package
      Previous Volvos: 1993 850 GLT (sold in 2016), 1984 240 DL Diesel (sold in 1993)

Quote Originally Posted by zenmervolt View Post
      No need for more apps; Torque Pro will do all the regular OBDII things. If you need more than that you're into the point where you should just bite the bullet and go with VIDA or VDASH with a DiCE unit.
      There are some other apps that the $32 model supports that are useful on other vehicles (BMW, Toyota, maybe some others) that the cheaper one doesn't support. For our cars, I doubt there would be much difference between the $11 and $32 units. I am still debating getting a DiCE unit, but all the threads on VIDA have so many people posting about how they can't get it working that I am scared to spend the money on a DiCE unit with no guarantee I'll be able to use it.

There are some other apps that the $32 model supports that are useful on other vehicles (BMW, Toyota, maybe some others) that the cheaper one doesn't support. For our cars, I doubt there would be much difference between the $11 and $32 units. I am still debating getting a DiCE unit, but all the threads on VIDA have so many people posting about how they can't get it working that I am scared to spend the money on a DiCE unit with no guarantee I'll be able to use it.
      If you have a 2014 or earlier car, there's a version of VIDA that is a virtual machine image and it has worked flawlessly for me, though it's slow on my ancient laptop. I'll have to dig up the link again.

The people trying to install 2014D themselves tend to have the problems, but if you use a known functional VM image it's a cakewalk.

I prefer the small cost of Torque Pro to the free apps because this way there are no annoying pop up ads in the program.
      I used Torque Pro for many years, but there's way more sensors in 'Car Scanner Elm Obd2' - over 100 indicators in Volvo v60 T5 with VEA engine - than in Torque Pro (for the same cost of ad-free versions). VEA oil level sensor is a gem! However, Car Scanner will not show much unless car profile is selected in settings>connection>choose connection profile (plenty of cars). Profiles for modern Volvos are 'Volvo 2014+VEA (non SPA)' and 'Volvo Platform 3 2008+'.

Quote Originally Posted by marksmand View Post
      Interesting that you bring this up as i have had similar experience with marine AGM's. AGM's do have a solution in them. however it is absorbed in the glass mat. In fact it is possible to de-sulfate them. You have to be very careful as they are sensitive to heat. They actually prefer a slightly lower voltage per cell as well. Check out the following site, you can find lots of info there and they have very good tech support
      ttps://www.chargingchargers.com/tutorials/battery-desulfation.html
      Thank you!

Volvo (and Greta) appreciate everyone's continued beta testing on the fail A/S/S...
      Rapid Rick...I roll
      2008 C30 Matt Pearl Gold OSD-customized w/Elevate tune
      2015 V60 Seashell Metallic w/Platinum, BLIS, wood

Clearly there are times when procrastination pays off. After 3 1/2 months of the auto start-stop not working a single time, it has now decided to work flawlessly even though the weather has turned colder. We'll see how long it lasts but for now, I'm not doing anything
      2015 V60 T5 FWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS
      2019 Pacifica Limited Hybrid
      1970 Camaro, original owner

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2