How hard do you slam your doors?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

How hard do you slam your doors?

Probably can't expect the doors to close as gently as in an 2019 S90, but still on my 2007 S40 the doors don't fully close under their own weight when I slightly push them.
      Also often, when I get inside the car, if I pull the door "too gently", it again gets to this mid-lock position where I have to unlock to open the door, but it's still not closed.

Is this normal for our cars or it's time to play with those latches (seems like they've been re-adjusted previously) ?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Make Video Of It so We are Able to see If there is a Difference , No Slamming at All
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

I haven't noted this at all in my 06.
      Shutting:
      I can semi shut and butt shut from the semi shut position without any issues from the outside. However if halfway shut, I cannot yank on the door handle and close the door from the inside, I have to reopen it and shut it with a little more force.
      Opening:
      I, however, pull the interior latch and push the door open at the same time, and let go when teh door is all the way open, preventing the issue where the door opens halfway from the inside.
      When shutting, I pull it firmly, between a shut and a slam, like I'm miffed but not angry.

Given that the 2019 S90 starts at like $85,000+, I would hope you could shut the doors gently for that price.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha - 10:1 Wisecos; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The boot lid slams pretty hard...purely because of its weight i guess. Irritatingly loud on a S40 because you think the person closing the lid is pushing down to hard but alas its the weight of the boot lid.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fsp15923 View Post
      The boot lid slams pretty hard...purely because of its weight i guess. Irritatingly loud on a S40 because you think the person closing the lid is pushing down to hard but alas its the weight of the boot lid.

Adjust your rubber nibbies that hold the trunk out. Mine used to be the same. I had to readjust them because the trunk wasn't shutting after a latch replace. Now it shuts with minimal force and effort and has a nice dull thud. I started pushing them all the way in and placing tape sticky side up on the flat area they rest against and when the tape stuck upon shut I knew they'd make contact, then I pulled them out one or two more clicks and they were good to go.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha - 10:1 Wisecos; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

+1 Avenger 09-123
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Quote Originally Posted by fsp15923 View Post

Sounds like the pneumatic pistons on either side of the trunk are starting to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dbh1551 View Post
      Sounds like the pneumatic pistons on either side of the trunk are starting to go.
      Could be the case..will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by dbh1551 View Post
      +1 - Replaced mine and the hood ones about @ 140k. Hood was starting to not stay up in the cold last winter. Got a good deal on all 3 from FCP. IIRC Stabilis is the OEM.

I don't slam my doors hard, but people who ride in my cars do on occasion and it pisses me off. Worst was a guy who had a Saturn and slammed the door on my C30 like he was trying to decapitate a royal; I had a weird rattle for a while that eventually went away. Moral of the story is warn folks in advance, "no need to slam the **** out of the doors, if you please..."
      Rant off...
      Rapid Rick...I roll
      2008 C30 Matt Pearl Gold OSD-customized w/Elevate tune
      2015 V60 Seashell Metallic w/Platinum, BLIS, wood

Turns out even after 13 years, those doors shut really gently and easy under their own weight, they just needed to be adjusted properly so they don't "hit the latch" even a slightest bit until the very end.
      Sorry about no video, my phone started making a buzzing noise when the camera is on ... because that's how 2013 phones act nowadays.

Thanks for telling me they should shut easily though, I thought it was just a consequence of age (not of a handassed guy with a ratchet).

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements