S60 T6 500hp+
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 12 of 12

    Thread: S60 T6 500hp+

    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      34

      S60 T6 500hp+

      Anyone getting serious performance out of their s60 T6? I saw a limited release s60 from polestar that is 508hp. So thought I would check the forums and fish out who is doing what with s60 T6.



      Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Member
      Join Date
      May 2003
      Posts
      1,807
      https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...s60s-for-sale/

      I think I saw something about a relationship between K-Pax and Mahle for the engines, but can't find evidence of that now.

      Not a bolt-on, do-it-in-your garage deal, though.

    4. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      194
      Quote Originally Posted by Dyno View Post
      https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsp...s60s-for-sale/

      I think I saw something about a relationship between K-Pax and Mahle for the engines, but can't find evidence of that now.

      Not a bolt-on, do-it-in-your garage deal, though.
      Jay Leno’s garage is where you’ll find a video on it


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2015 Black V 60 RD K-Pax Racing edition #1 of #1 ???

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      543
      To be honest, I'm sure the engine with fairly untouched internals could be capable of some big numbers. The issue is the TF80SC garbage transmission. Look at thing the wrong way and it'll pop.

      If you notice, the polestar prototype had a different gearbox (manual).

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 R-Design - Onyx Black Metallic / Off Black
      2004 Mazda 6s Touring - 3.0 V6 / Manual
      2008 Suzuki SV650 - Pearl Novelty Black
      2002 SVT Focus Turbo - Dead and gone

    7. #5
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      194
      Quote Originally Posted by emgrock1 View Post
      To be honest, I'm sure the engine with fairly untouched internals could be capable of some big numbers. The issue is the TF80SC garbage transmission. Look at thing the wrong way and it'll pop.

      If you notice, the polestar prototype had a different gearbox (manual).

      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      Agreed, I have taken my mods to the limit I feel comfortable with because of that. Tracking it tomorrow hope that Tranny holds up


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      2015 Black V 60 RD K-Pax Racing edition #1 of #1 ???

    8. #6
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      11
      If the transmission is the only weak part, is it possible to upgrade the internal parts? Or is it possible to swap to a different transmission?

    9. #7
      Junior Member Magnus Cars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2015
      Location
      Williamsburg, Virginia.
      Posts
      292
      Quote Originally Posted by simmondsdt View Post
      If the transmission is the only weak part, is it possible to upgrade the internal parts? Or is it possible to swap to a different transmission?
      Swap would probably be the best option.

      Im guessing they used a m66 for the manual.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
      Showing up at the track in mommy's old station wagon will not make you cool.
      Now 2011 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD Executive, Luxury Package. Multimedia Package. Premium Electric Silver/Soft Beige. 111K. (2011-)
      2011 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD Inscription. Climate Package. Rear Park Assist Camera. Technology Package. Exterior Styling Kit. Premium Electric Silver/Sandsoft Beige. 99K. (2011-)

      Then 2005 Volvo S40 2.4i. Sport Package. Climate Package. Convenience Package. Black/Dark Beige. (2005-2010)
      2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD. Premium Package. Versatility Package. Convenience Package. Climate Package. Titanium Gray Metallic/Light Taupe.(2005-2011)

      My Photography Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lomaarts/

    10. #8
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Posts
      62
      I’m worried about my transmission a little...I’m around 400 ft.lbs of tq and its handled everything well so far but I think I’m at it’s limits. We shall see 😕

    11. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      34
      I've been talking to Hilton tuning to fix the software issues with a manual conversion. Apparently they have heard of people talk about it but never successful. For instance would the bellhousing fit a b6304t with a m66 getrag

      Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

    12. #10
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      It's raining - must be near Seattle
      Posts
      532
      Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Cars View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by simmondsdt View Post
      If the transmission is the only weak part, is it possible to upgrade the internal parts? Or is it possible to swap to a different transmission?
      Swap would probably be the best option.

      Im guessing they used a m66 for the manual.
      An M66C based on this article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...-polestar/amp/

      Lots of custom work involved though.
      I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right.
      2012 S60 T6 R-Design | 1998 S70 T5 SE | 1986 944 Turbo

    13. #11
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      34
      I've done some crazy gearbox swaps on cars before so I'm up for the challenge. Like anything, research is king. So. I'm guessing the m66c is just a close ration m66. I'm going to guess also that it is not in any other road car.

      At this stage I'm thinking
      - bellhousing will need adapting from B5254t to fit B6304t
      - hope the s60 transfer case will fit m66
      - pedal box
      - hydraulic clutch setup
      - trick computer into thinking it's still an auto. (hiltons job with computer.)
      - clutch and flywheel.

      Sound like fun to me haha, have I missed anything.

      Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

    14. #12
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      It's raining - must be near Seattle
      Posts
      532
      Quote Originally Posted by Aza510 View Post
      I've done some crazy gearbox swaps on cars before so I'm up for the challenge. Like anything, research is king. So. I'm guessing the m66c is just a close ration m66. I'm going to guess also that it is not in any other road car.
      From what I've been able to dig up, the M66C is the variant of the M66 used in the S60R, so the transmission itself shouldn't be too difficult to source. The bigger problem I think would be getting the linkage and mounting points figured out and figuring out the powertrain management electronics since they never made an ECU for the SI6 T6 cars that expected a manual.
      I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right.
      2012 S60 T6 R-Design | 1998 S70 T5 SE | 1986 944 Turbo

    15. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 21
      Last Post: 08-31-2007, 06:22 PM
    2. another 500hp station wagon
      By maxim in forum Car Lounge
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 11-22-2005, 09:11 AM
    3. S60 R from 300hp to 500hp , is that possible ?
      By bobek79 in forum IPD Performance Discussions
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-15-2005, 07:36 PM
    4. C70 Pushing 500hp
      By C70SPEED in forum C70 (1998-2004)
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 11-16-2004, 03:30 PM
    5. Holy crap a 500hp Cobra v8 focus!!!
      By dave850r in forum Car Lounge
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 05-27-2003, 12:39 PM