Non-Affiliated, Craigs, FB, Pets, Pet Peeves, Addictions, Cures, SAAB-Stories...You Know the drill - December 2019 - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by freeheelin View Post
      Guys, would you be so kind as to have a look at this unit, and offer up any and all opinions please?
      Poorly written ad and pics, I must say. Is said ad even legit?!

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds...014453689.html

Thanks!
      Looks decent. Miles/Km seem high for the year. A bit of conflicting information in the ad w/r/t year and km. Heated steering wheel is really nice this time of year!
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh boy. Another bat frenzy. “Dark silver” lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Oh boy. Another bat frenzy. “Dark silver” lol.

Ha.......

2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 197k - K24/Greens/Do88 IC/SMF & P2R Clutch/DW300C/H&R/Bilstein TC/Delrin/316mm & 308mm Brakes - SteveO Tuned
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 291k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 174k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 238k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 212k - Sisters

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

This guy has two SRs and a VR for cheap. He's not getting any cash for them so they must be bad, and they've been for sale for a while. Willing to have live music, a camp out, catered party and burn all three. Do what??
      Silver V70R Auto, 209K, $2,875.00
      Silver S60R Auto, 105K $3,600.00
      Black S60R M66, 197K $3,000.00
      https://frederick.craigslist.org/cto...016778592.html

Heads up folks,
      I've had interest in all of the cars but no buyers yet and I'm just plain tired of looking at them...(not diminishing their sexiness). At this point I'm ready to stack the (2) S60Rs on top of the wagon, douse them with gas and light them up in the middle of the field.

If you'd like to attend the Burning R Event, you can contact me about purchasing tickets. I'll provide seating, extra long sticks, chocolate, gram crackers and marsh mellows. There will be live music and a beer garden. Food will be catered by Johnny Gringos. Camping spots are also available upon request. It promises to be a night you'll never forget...or simply won't remember. That said...

Thanks for checking out my ad. If your checking out Volvo R's then you likely know the specs. on these European performance cars. For those who don't, the are AWD, with 300hp / 300lbft torque. This VR has all the standard equipment with a couple of options like rear sun screens and built in booster seats. The car runs and drives good and has current tags on it. I've got a small collection of R cars, the others are 04 S60R's, (1) auto, (1) manual.Buy 1, 2 or all 3. The more, the cheaper. Pics of other R are attached. They all run and drive, come check them out (all at the same place).

Prices are semi negotiable as they are already reasonably priced given their condition(s) and rarity.

NOTE: I won't entertain any offers with out seeing them in person.

Call, text, or email but calling and text garner a quicker response

ADDITIONAL NOTE: If I can't sell these cars in a reasonable amount of time, (2) weeks or so, I'm going to consider stacking them on top of one another in the field with the wagon on the bottom, dousing them with gas and torching them.
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

This guy has two SRs and a VR for cheap. He's not getting any cash for them so they must be bad, and they've been for sale for a while. Willing to have live music, a camp out, catered party and burn all three. Do what??
      Silver V70R Auto, 209K, $2,875.00
      https://frederick.craigslist.org/cto...016778592.html

Heads up folks,
      I've had interest in all of the cars but no buyers yet and I'm just plain tired of looking at them...(not diminishing their sexiness). At this point I'm ready to stack the (2) S60Rs on top of the wagon, douse them with gas and light them up in the middle of the field.

If you'd like to attend the Burning R Event, you can contact me about purchasing tickets. I'll provide seating, extra long sticks, chocolate, gram crackers and marsh mellows. There will be live music and a beer garden. Food will be catered by Johnny Gringos. Camping spots are also available upon request. It promises to be a night you'll never forget...or simply won't remember. That said...

Thanks for checking out my ad. If your checking out Volvo R's then you likely know the specs. on these European performance cars. For those who don't, the are AWD, with 300hp / 300lbft torque. This VR has all the standard equipment with a couple of options like rear sun screens and built in booster seats. The car runs and drives good and has current tags on it. I've got a small collection of R cars, the others are 04 S60R's, (1) auto, (1) manual.Buy 1, 2 or all 3. The more, the cheaper. Pics of other R are attached. They all run and drive, come check them out (all at the same place).

Prices are semi negotiable as they are already reasonably priced given their condition(s) and rarity.

NOTE: I won't entertain any offers with out seeing them in person.

Call, text, or email but calling and text garner a quicker response

ADDITIONAL NOTE: If I can't sell these cars in a reasonable amount of time, (2) weeks or so, I'm going to consider stacking them on top of one another in the field with the wagon on the bottom, dousing them with gas and torching them.
      I would love to see that !

2006 Sonic V70R GT 150k
      2013 XC90 R Design Electric Silver 50K (The Wife's)
      2015 Silverado High Country 1500 4WD Ruby Metallic 70k

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      Ha.......

And just think for the small price of $14,500 obo you can buy it now.

2006 Sonic V70R GT 150k

Quote Originally Posted by freeheelin View Post
      Guys, would you be so kind as to have a look at this unit, and offer up any and all opinions please?
      Poorly written ad and pics, I must say. Is said ad even legit?!

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds...014453689.html

Thanks!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Looks decent. Miles/Km seem high for the year. A bit of conflicting information in the ad w/r/t year and km. Heated steering wheel is really nice this time of year!
      Agree about the conflicting info. Looks to be a 2015. Mileage is 187351 km. Ad appears legitimate. Seller lists name and phone number. If service is up to date, might be worth considering even though mileage is high.
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Wagon View Post
      Edit: At Thanksgiving someone served me an Old Fashion with maple syrup and smoke glass on top. Maybe that has something to do with it!
      Niiiiced, a smoked maple old fashioned. Sound very Canuck. Over the weekend I drank through a case of Mike’s hard lemonade(s) cause someone brought it for a party and refused to take it with them.

I’m back after a week in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and have moved onto this, which I found on freaking clearance for $30:

Oblig Volvo content: still haven’t gotten a new battery for the R, got another gd nail on the spa truck.

Welcome back.

Mike’s = Gross.

Westland = Never tried.

SPA = Stop driving on the shoulder when you merge on the expressway!
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

Wow, very clean looking manual in the Bay Area:

Rare 2005 V70R 6 Speed Manual Transmission, 85K Miles. - $19500

What do you guys think is a realistic/fair price?

Quote Originally Posted by rubenalanis View Post

Welcome to the forum.

A "fair" price is definitely in the eye of the beholder. There's folks on here that will say that color combination is among the least desirable and wouldn't pay more than $8/10k for it in stated current condition. But they don't control pricing.

I think the sellers claim that "You are not likely to find a cleaner, rare 6 speed manual transmission V70R" is probably an exaggeration. In the current photos, I see curbed wheels, and the front lower bumper is slightly damaged. Hard to tell about paint condition due to the size/quality of the photos. Pros are that you're not likely to find many P2 VR's with low mileage on the market, some items have been addressed recently (in terms of mileage, but seller is not advertising dates for the work), and the Gobi interior looks pretty clean (which is not a given due to age of the leather at this point). Again, the quality of the photos somewhat hides any defects. For that price, I'd want an in-person visual inspection followed by a PPI.

With all that said, in terms of where the market's going, it seems to be rising to closer to those prices higher prices for decent examples. I would guess $12/14k on BaT for this one. YMMV.

Good luck with your search!
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

Welcome to the forum.

A "fair" price is definitely in the eye of the beholder. There's folks on here that will say that color combination is among the least desirable and wouldn't pay more than $8/10k for it in stated current condition. But they don't control pricing.

I think the sellers claim that "You are not likely to find a cleaner, rare 6 speed manual transmission V70R" is probably an exaggeration. In the current photos, I see curbed wheels, and the front lower bumper is slightly damaged. Hard to tell about paint condition due to the size/quality of the photos. Pros are that you're not likely to find many P2 VR's with low mileage on the market, some items have been addressed recently (in terms of mileage, but seller is not advertising dates for the work), and the Gobi interior looks pretty clean (which is not a given due to age of the leather at this point). Again, the quality of the photos somewhat hides any defects. For that price, I'd want an in-person visual inspection followed by a PPI.

With all that said, in terms of where the market's going, it seems to be rising to closer to those prices higher prices for decent examples. I would guess $12/14k on BaT for this one. YMMV.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been lurking for months. I'm a BMW guy mainly and have never owned a Volvo before. But wow, I am dead set on a manual P2 V70R! I'd prefer a louder color, but am getting impatient. I think your assessment is spot on though. Guessing the seller is shooting high to thwart off the lowballers. I may reach out for better pics (I'm in the Seattle area).

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been lurking for months. I'm a BMW guy mainly and have never owned a Volvo before. But wow, I am dead set on a manual P2 V70R! I'd prefer a louder color, but am getting impatient. I think your assessment is spot on though. Guessing the seller is shooting high to thwart off the lowballers. I may reach out for better pics (I'm in the Seattle area).
      If you have to have MT, swaps are not out of the question, and (if you go by the BaT sale of that Magic Blue/Atacama wagon) it doesn’t negatively impact later resale value. So, in theory, you could buy a “loud” color and swap. Or, wrap technology is not bad at this point.

If you have to have MT, swaps are not out of the question, and (if you go by the BaT sale of that Magic Blue/Atacama wagon) it doesn’t negatively impact later resale value. So, in theory, you could buy a “loud” color and swap. Or, wrap technology is not bad at this point.
      I would definitely be ok with a swap - it is going to be a driver for me. No idea what that would cost, or how difficult it would be to source the parts. Any ballpark guesses, assuming I had a shop do the work?

I would definitely be ok with a swap - it is going to be a driver for me. No idea what that would cost, or how difficult it would be to source the parts. Any ballpark guesses, assuming I had a shop do the work?
      Well, the good news is that you are in the PNW. No shortage of shops that know Volvo’s and their maintenance. Someone from that area could recommend a good shop for you.

Well, the good news is that you are in the PNW. No shortage of shops that know Volvo’s and their maintenance. Someone from that area could recommend a good shop for you.
      Well I guess the one who have already done a swap and had to pay the going rate can chime in on the price. I suspect it ain’t cheap if your pay labor rates.

2006 Sonic V70R GT 150k

It definitely won't be cheap but if you keep the car for a while, it matters a little less. How about wrapping a factory MT car with a bland color ? I can recommend one company in the Seattle area with multiple wrapped Volvos to their name, they hold up well and the color possibilities are endless.

Derek - I don't know. The black one was an 04 with twice the miles and went for close to 12. You think this one is worth about the same??
      Welcome to the forum.

Is it possible maronha's car is headed back to the left coast?
      Quote Originally Posted by maronha View Post
      Well I guess the one who have already done a swap and had to pay the going rate can chime in on the price. I suspect it ain’t cheap if your pay labor rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
      It definitely won't be cheap but if you keep the car for a while, it matters a little less. How about wrapping a factory MT car with a bland color ? I can recommend one company in the Seattle area with multiple wrapped Volvos to their name, they hold up well and the color possibilities are endless.
      I've been considering this as a way to waste my money. I've always wanted an Ocean Race blue XC
      2006 XC70 75k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Tacoma 14k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2007 XC70 64k - Black Stone/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2017 Miata RF GT 5k - Grey/Black - "Egg"
      2018 V90CC 12k - Crystal White/Amber - "Rudolf"
      Previous: 1997 Dodge Intrepid | 2002 Saturn | 2009 Jetta | 2011 Mazda3 | 2011 Outback | 1993 Miata | 2013 XC70 | 2005 XC70 | 2005 V70 | 2007 XC70 | 2010 Odyssey | 2006 V70R | 1990 740 | 2019 XC90 | 2019 BMW 440i

Derek - I don't know. The black one was an 04 with twice the miles and went for close to 12. You think this one is worth about the same??
      I have been known to be wrong. Just ask my girl.

There’s this MY05 from September with similar mileage and equally boring colors (only auto box) that went for under $12k...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-volvo-v70-r-7/

Quote Originally Posted by skywolf View Post
      I've been considering this as a way to waste my money. I've always wanted an Ocean Race blue XC
      Oh my gawd, that reminds me... An MY06 ORE with red OSD plates on the front stopped by work yesterday. I wasn’t able to talk to the owner, and the wheels were 100% effed-up, but there’s something about that color! 😍

Oh my gawd, that reminds me... An MY06 ORE with red OSD plates on the front stopped by work yesterday. I wasn’t able to talk to the owner, and the wheels were 100% effed-up, but there’s something about that color!
      I know! Springfield is the perfect wrap candidate too!
      2006 XC70 75k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Tacoma 14k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2007 XC70 64k - Black Stone/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2017 Miata RF GT 5k - Grey/Black - "Egg"
      2018 V90CC 12k - Crystal White/Amber - "Rudolf"
      Previous: 1997 Dodge Intrepid | 2002 Saturn | 2009 Jetta | 2011 Mazda3 | 2011 Outback | 1993 Miata | 2013 XC70 | 2005 XC70 | 2005 V70 | 2007 XC70 | 2010 Odyssey | 2006 V70R | 1990 740 | 2019 XC90 | 2019 BMW 440i

I have been known to be wrong. Just ask my girl.

There’s this MY05 from September with similar mileage and equally boring colors (only auto box) that went for under $12k...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-volvo-v70-r-7/
      If that car was on BAT I bet it would fetch at least $15k+ with the history of the other VR’s that have sold lately regardless of color combo.

2006 Sonic V70R GT 150k

Excellent in the snow. I may need to get this.

https://nh.craigslist.org/spo/d/deer...031613692.html
      2007 V70R GT Electric Silver/Nordkap
      2005 XC70 It's got HIDs yo.
      2006 S60R Black Sapphire M66

If you're looking for a manual V70R in a loud color, ckmack has one in flash green that he has teased us with selling spring/summer of 2020. It actually came from Seattle, so you may be able to bring it back home if you have the dollars. I can't imagine it will be cheap.
      2013 XC60 T6: her's
      2008 C30: her first Volvo
      2007 XC70 Adventure: mine
      2002 S60 T5M: because it needed to be saved
      Past: 1999 V70 5sp, 2010 Mazda5, 2000 Audi A4 Avant 5sp, 1990 VW Fox 4sp

I think ~$14K-$15K for an unmolested, lower mileage one owner car with a decent amount of recent maintenance performed, is fair.
      Potentially higher if it weren't for the Gobi interior.
      Current - 2007.5 M66 S60R Sapphikap w/ aero kit & navi: 86K (Garage Queen) - possibly for sale, DM if interested.
      2005 M66 S60R Sapphikap Mods: Evolve Catback Exhaust: 172K (Daily)

I can already picture it in your driveway, but up on a rack.
      Quote Originally Posted by youropeen View Post

I can already picture it in your driveway, but up on a rack.
      2007 V70R GT Electric Silver/Nordkap
      2005 XC70 It's got HIDs yo.
      2006 S60R Black Sapphire M66

Guys I have a chance at an overpriced Japanese roadster unicorn, does anyone still have access to Carfax?

Quote Originally Posted by youropeen View Post

it doesn't say but is that manual or auto?
      '97 855 , '74 144

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
      Guys I have a chance at an overpriced Japanese roadster unicorn, does anyone still have access to Carfax?
      Sent you a PM. ‘Tis the season of giving... For those interested, I have two more... just send vin and your email.
      Current: 1998 S70 GLT, 2007 V70 2.5T

Previous: 2006 V70 2.5T, 2011 C70 T5, 2012 S60 T5, 2000 S70 GLT/SE

1999 Volvo V70 R $4500 mileage? boise, id.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2695683509519/
      '97 855 , '74 144

Quote Originally Posted by i_like_volvos View Post
      Sent you a PM. ‘Tis the season of giving... For those interested, I have two more... just send vin and your email.
      I want to publicly thank Chris for this hand-out. Happy belated Thanksgiving. FWIW, it's a Laguna Blue to match the sonic vR and 10AE Miata. I'm hoping to line up 3 "bold" blue cars for a pic before selling both the the vR and the 10AE. Unless the Mrs finds out, then I'm probably going to get yelled at for being stupid.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast