Pop-up wind deflector for p2 sunroof
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Pop-up wind deflector for p2 sunroof

My 2008 s60 didn't come with a wind deflector from the factory unlike every other Volvo I own or have owned. I am looking to add one to reduce wind noise when I have the sunroof open. If you have one available please pm me.

Thanks,
      Greg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

No pick your part places near you? I looked on LKQ site and none near you but someone must have a place nearby. Maybe a part out? Look on CL.
      Quote Originally Posted by whisperingbomb View Post
      My 2008 s60 didn't come with a wind deflector from the factory unlike every other Volvo I own or have owned. I am looking to add one to reduce wind noise when I have the sunroof open. If you have one available please pm me.

Thanks,
      Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

I could be wrong, but I think weathertech makes a deflector for your car.
      "They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding." Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Past vehicle- 2004 Chrysler Pacifica AWD in Snow White
      Current vehicle- 2012 Volvo XC70 3.2 AWD in Flamenco Red

I do simple OS and hardware support on Windows PCs, if you need help with a computer, PM or email me ([email protected]) and tell me you saw this on Swedespeed.
      I don't charge anything for service or help, so i can help people get their machines up and running again.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I just found a link if you are interested https://www.weathertech.com/volvo/20...ind-deflector/
      "They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding." Cave Johnson, Portal 2

I do simple OS and hardware support on Windows PCs, if you need help with a computer, PM or email me ([email protected]) and tell me you saw this on Swedespeed.
      I don't charge anything for service or help, so i can help people get their machines up and running again.

Personal experience with the pop up deflectors is if the planets aren't aligned when you install, you can jam up your sun roof.

Appreciate the advice and link. Back in the day there were tons of pick and pulls you could visit in my area, now most are closed or they won't let you wander. The closest one is pretty far, about 35 miles.

I'm looking for the factory unit, the one that sits under the glass when it's closed.

I completely understand, I'll take a look later at some junk yards near me.

I've got an LKQ near me, and have been meaning to go peek for a few things and an 07 S60 just showed up. Sadly, there's no way to get the sunroof open without the key and the battery hooked up. They drain everything and remove batteries when the cars arrive.
      You should call Erie Vovo and see if they can help. There's none showing on their eBay store but it doesn't mean they can't get. http://www.ebaystores.com/Used-Volvo..._sid=164943717

Foof!! 212 bucks new?? Is this the piece you want? https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...w1LWdhcw%3D%3D

No sunroof pieces but this guy may be near you and has some parts and may know where to get one cheaply.
      https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/p...031690450.html

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingbomb View Post
      I'm looking for the factory unit, the one that sits under the glass when it's closed.

Last edited by ZZZZZZZ; 12-10-2019 at 08:15 AM.
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

I checked with my usual places, but alas, no luck, Id go with ZZZZZZZ's post as best bet.

Yes that is the part I am looking for. I wonder what else is needed to install it besides the deflector itself.

Good point about the lack of battery and a key. If I go junkyarding for this I'll remember to bring a jump pack and some leads. The sunroof motor is right under the dome light.

Oh! I didn’t think about brining a battery and leads. Great idea. Then you could see if HUs are good and maybe speakers, etc. work!

I have one. Pm me
      05 XC70R Ice White
      06 V70R GT TiGrey/Gobi

Sold & missed: 05 V70R M66 Saffhire Black/Nordkap

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements