Front Fender Replacement
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Front Fender Replacement

Has anyone removed/replaced the front fender? Some a-hole must have backed into my car in the parking garage. The dent is at the top of the wheel well and because of the crease can not be pulled out. Rather than going through my insurance company for fear of a rate hike I was contemplated replacing the fender myself. There is a place on-line that sells painted replacement fenders for about $450. I just don't know what is involved so was curious if anyone has done this.
      2012 S60 T5 - Flamenco Red, Soft/Sandstone Beige, Climate, Premium, Multimedia, Xenons, BLIS, PCC, Park Assist, Urbane Wood, TFT Retrofit

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ecoDrive View Post
      There is a place on-line that sells painted replacement fenders for about $450. I just don't know what is involved so was curious if anyone has done this.
      Going through a similar process because another driver couldn't be bothered to stay in their lane...
      Find out what their return policy is; the body shop doing my repair went through 3 different aftermarket fenders that didn't fit, and now they're waiting on a OEM replacement.
      Additionally, be aware that the paint won't be an absolute perfect match due to formulation drift & exposure to the sun/elements (the initial estimate for my repair included blending into the front passenger door.)
      Truedelta - Fuelly - last.fm
      (sold) 1994 Calypso Green Ford Ranger XLT Standard Cab I4 MT - color-matched Leer cap
      (sold) 2007 Aurora Blue Mazda 3 GTS Hatchback MT - Sound & moonroof package
      2014 Rebel Blue Volvo S60 T6 R-Design AWD - Platinum, Climate & Tech packages, 3M Ventureshield + 20/35/50 tint

Thanks for the advice. Digging a little deeper there appears to be a lot of complaints about that company at the BBB. I had a problem with a bumper fitment on my previous VW. The body shop went through a couple aftermarket versions before going with an OEM. I was hoping that was just VW but looks like a bit more wide spread. I'll just take it to a body shop and get it done right.
      2012 S60 T5 - Flamenco Red, Soft/Sandstone Beige, Climate, Premium, Multimedia, Xenons, BLIS, PCC, Park Assist, Urbane Wood, TFT Retrofit

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

must be that time of year. Someone rammed the right quarter panel of my pristine 2012 s60 while parked at the store. Of course, they drove off. To add insult to injury , we always park way at the end of the parking spaces. I just got back from the licensed volvo repair shop..$4400....

Quote Originally Posted by ecoDrive View Post
      Has anyone removed/replaced the front fender? Some a-hole must have backed into my car in the parking garage. The dent is at the top of the wheel well and because of the crease can not be pulled out. Rather than going through my insurance company for fear of a rate hike I was contemplated replacing the fender myself. There is a place on-line that sells painted replacement fenders for about $450. I just don't know what is involved so was curious if anyone has done this.
      I did use one of those places for the right front fender and front bumper cover for my 2013 camry. the fender has held up and matches perfectly. The bumper cover fit ok, i had to work to keep one small area on the wheel well secured. They may not have used flex agent in the paint for the bumper cover as fine " lines" have emerged from small impact areas with curbs, but that just might be normal. Again, the paint color is spot on...fender and cover were not OEM. It's just a camry....

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements