Issue after issue with my s60
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Issue after issue with my s60

Hey guys I need to vent a bit about this car. As some of you know I'm an Audi guy... this is my first Volvo. I picked up the car about a month ago and have had issues upon issues since I left the dealer. First the back seat windows, they would roll down but when rolling up they would jitter and roll back down, I needed to physically guide them up with my hands... then I had an issue with some of the paint on the car, there were some defects... then the brakes would sqeel like an old garbage truck... that's just to name a few things, there were a couple more. Last week I brought the car in and they fixed it all up: lubbed the window tracks, new breaks all around, fixed the paint... all was good.
      Today I drive to work at 8:45am parked the car in my indoor garage. Didnt drive the car all day until leaving at 5:30pm only to find a check engine light flashing!

I'm pissed! I'm starting to think this car is a lemon. It's not even telling me what the issue is, no warning signs just the orange engine light??

Guess the car is going back to the dealer for a check up...Just wanted to share

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This sucks, and I hope it gets fixed soon.

however, as I’m currently an Audi guy ironically is that all this items are also daily issues with the B9 Audi’s. Had a recall after a recall and still one more to do before I get the Volvo picked up. This did include new window regulator, mufflers, wheel wheels, MMI surrounds, and few more software issues that it took then over a year to fix and brakes make noise all day long but that’s a “Sports car” thing so they won’t do anything about it...

Check engine light could be as easy fix as a loose fuel cap or bad fuel. And Audi would also not tell you the code if you don’t have the service tool or OBD11

Sucks regardless but definitely not just Volvo problem.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

I wish there was an equivalent to OBD11 for volvo

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by salv1983 View Post

Me as well, it’s a great value and almost a need for the new cars.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

All together minor, though annoying issues. Nowhere near a lemon
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      Just a FYI lemon law is different by state. Some are just 3 visits for a dealership to fix any same issue and if they can’t it’s a lemon, other just need few visits in the first 5k miles, some are stricter. Depending on the local laws he could be eligible as crazy as it sounds but I’m going to leave the “is it “ or “is it now” to lawyers and won’t try to pretend I know the local laws for his state.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Cheap Bluetooth OBDII reader still works on Volvo for common error code.

I have one in my old and also new Volvo. It is useful for both cars, ironically.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Yes, I was exaggerating about lemon... it's just a pain in the ass to have a brand new car and already need to go to the dealer 2-3 times. For me it's worse I have 3 car seats I need to remove and put in the loaner in order to drive my kids...

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      Cheap Bluetooth OBDII reader still works on Volvo for common error code.

I have one in my old and also new Volvo. It is useful for both cars, ironically.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60
      For me it didnt work, I tried to put the OBD11 and it didnt recognize..

I have an autel obd2 and it works great, even does my electronic brakes etc...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

Quote Originally Posted by Putertech View Post
      I have an autel obd2 and it works great, even does my electronic brakes etc...

I was trying to buy carista one but they said it doesnt work for our cars

I am a little concerned as well. After 48 miles, my engine light went on. Manual says it is a Emission Control System issue. Going to the dealer tomorrow. Coming from a BMW where I put on 147K miles with zero mechanical/software issues, I hope this is not the shape of things to come.
      2020 V60cc / Advanced / Pro / Luxury / HK audio /P* Optimized / Foldable trailer hitch

Quote Originally Posted by GordonCs View Post
      I am a little concerned as well. After 48 miles, my engine light went on. Manual says it is a Emission Control System issue. Going to the dealer tomorrow. Coming from a BMW where I put on 147K miles with zero mechanical/software issues, I hope this is not the shape of things to come.
      same for me, had 4 S4's from B8 to B8.5-B9- B9.5... no issues

I also had the emissions error light withinb 1 month and a little over 600 miles. The oyygen sensor needed replacement and while the dealer had the car, the software was also updated.

It's disconcerrting to have issues when the car is new, but as long as they're minor and the dealership handles it promptly and correctly I can live with it...as long as it doesn't become a regular occurrance.

Hey guys I need to vent a bit about this car. As some of you know I'm an Audi guy... this is my first Volvo. I picked up the car about a month ago and have had issues upon issues since I left the dealer. First the back seat windows, they would roll down but when rolling up they would jitter and roll back down, I needed to physically guide them up with my hands... then I had an issue with some of the paint on the car, there were some defects... then the brakes would sqeel like an old garbage truck... that's just to name a few things, there were a couple more. Last week I brought the car in and they fixed it all up: lubbed the window tracks, new breaks all around, fixed the paint... all was good.
      Today I drive to work at 8:45am parked the car in my indoor garage. Didnt drive the car all day until leaving at 5:30pm only to find a check engine light flashing!

I'm pissed! I'm starting to think this car is a lemon. It's not even telling me what the issue is, no warning signs just the orange engine light??

Guess the car is going back to the dealer for a check up...Just wanted to share

Thanks
      Does Canada have a Lemon Law (or Montreal). Might be time you start investigating swapping out the vehicle. Sounds like you happened into a Dud. I had a fair amount of issues with my S60 (15.5) but nothing to the extent that you've described.

1. Took 4 attempts (new camera, new wiring harness, new seals, software) to fix my backup camera failing to engage.
      2. Gearshift Enamel Cracked (new gearshift)
      3. Rearview mirror Solidifed (new mirror)
      4. Driver's review mirror motor died (new motor)
      5. Just had my seatbelt replaced it wasn't retracting properly.

So much to go wrong on new cars, but your issues exceed the tolerable limit.

YIKES!

YIKES!
      Warranty paid for repairs. All except the Backup Camera (4 attempts) were easy repairs. Backup camera could have clearly landed the car into Lemon Law territory. But I loved the dealer and they were doing their best to resolve my issue. Eventually, it got resolved, and I decided to be patient.

Other things were annoyances.

None the less, you're having SERIOUS MECHANICAL issues vs annoyances. I'd look at swapping out that vehicle for a replacement if such law exists in Quebec or Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonCs View Post
      Coming from a BMW where I put on 147K miles with zero mechanical/software issues,

You got lucky, very lucky
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription

Its atvthe dealer now. Let's see what they come back with. This morning I opened the sunroof to get some fresh air, (tinted the windows the other day and they told me to keep them shut for 48-72 hours)... but when I tried to close the sun roof it wouldnt close!

Pretty sure the 48-72 only applies to the side windows as there are no rollers to touch the glass, wind wouldn't be an issue.

2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

Pretty sure the 48-72 only applies to the side windows as there are no rollers to touch the glass, wind wouldn't be an issue.

I opened the sunroof to not have to open the side windows...

Well I say they just swap you out and call it even

Well I say they just swap you out and call it even

They gave me a v60 as a loaner and I love it!

Keep it

Keep it

Lol I wish!

V60 CC or just V6? What do you like more about it then the S60?

Just curious, thanks
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      V60 CC or just V6? What do you like more about it then the S60?

Just curious, thanks
      Not sure which one I think it's the T6. The drive and interior is the same I just really like the look.

Yes I also like the V60 look more in a way then the v60 CC but no all wheel drive on the V60 was a no go for me. Definitely gorgeous car especially in the blue they offer on it
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Yes I also like the V60 look more in a way then the v60 CC but no all wheel drive on the V60 was a no go for me. Definitely gorgeous car especially in the blue they offer on it
      I need to do my research I dont know the difference between the CC and the other? The one they lent me is a v60 t6 awd

They don't offer the V60 T6 AWD in the USA for some stupid reason. In the USA the V60 comes as the following

* V60 T5 FWD (momentum/Rdesign/Inscription)
      * V60 cross country, T5 AWD (no other engine options)
      * V60 Polestar T8

I *think* it's generally because the SUVs sell so much more than the wagons here it's easier to just have less options in the wagons and it also helps upsell people to the V90
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription

They don't offer the V60 T6 AWD in the USA for some stupid reason. In the USA the V60 comes as the following

* V60 T5 FWD (momentum/Rdesign/Inscription)
      * V60 cross country, T5 AWD (no other engine options)
      * V60 Polestar T8

I *think* it's generally because the SUVs sell so much more than the wagons here it's easier to just have less options in the wagons and it also helps upsell people to the V90
      I know right!?! America the lend of freedom “only in ur had” and that will change soon.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

No lemon law, per se, in Canada. They do have some federal arbitration process, apparently, or you can take them to court.

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/Oca-bc...g/ca02998.html
      2018 V60 T5 Dynamic AWD, Osmium Grey Metallic
      Previous cars: 2003 Infiniti I35, 2003 VW Passat GLX Variant, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Honda Accord LX

Quote Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
      No lemon law, per se, in Canada. They do have some federal arbitration process, apparently, or you can take them to court.

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/Oca-bc...g/ca02998.html
      Luckily, you are wrong: https://tlrlaw.ca/wp/2019/03/12/what...le-is-a-lemon/

For example, in Quebec, all vehicles sold are covered under warranty by law. If the vehicle does not measure up to the warranty, the manufacturer must repair at no cost, replace, or refund. The law may also require that the dealer reimburse the consumer if she suffered additional damages as a result of a defective product. Whereas in Nova Scotia and Manitoba, the laws simply compel dealers to disclose the vehicle’s history and whether another jurisdiction branded the vehicle as a lemon.

OP is in Montreal, Quebec

Op needs to contact a lawyer.

Thank you fo rall the info. I spoke with the dealer, apparently the check engine had to do, with a part in the gas tank that detects pollutants..?? didn't really understand, what he explained was due to the fact we dont have gas door caps this is a know issue???
      I told him that i was seriously thinking of stoping my lease and wanting to switch cars, he told me the 2 options i have are to do a lease transfer, or that Volvo offers a curtesy opt out plan, but he said there needs to be loads of paper work showing multiple issues with the car. he told me for the moment there are only work orders for repairing small issues on the car, Volvo Canada does not take work orders into consideration...
      honestly im just hoping this is the last issue i encounter

Thank you fo rall the info. I spoke with the dealer, apparently the check engine had to do, with a part in the gas tank that detects pollutants..?? didn't really understand, what he explained was due to the fact we dont have gas door caps this is a know issue???
      I told him that i was seriously thinking of stoping my lease and wanting to switch cars, he told me the 2 options i have are to do a lease transfer, or that Volvo offers a curtesy opt out plan, but he said there needs to be loads of paper work showing multiple issues with the car. he told me for the moment there are only work orders for repairing small issues on the car, Volvo Canada does not take work orders into consideration...
      honestly im just hoping this is the last issue i encounter
      Did you see my link? Why not contact a lawyer in Quebec and get a consultation on your legal rights? If this vehicle is truly as problematic as you state, then it's time to find a solution.

Otherwise, if all you came here to do was vent and complain, we're sympathetic. Can't take that to the bank though.
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 12-05-2019 at 03:21 PM.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast