Wired to Wireless CarPlay Adapter CarPlay2Air - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Quote Originally Posted by jre View Post
      I'm still having issues where it periodically gets a connection error. Sometimes I can fix it by unplugging and plugging the unit back in and sometimes I have to completely shut the car off and restart it. To be fair, this happened sometimes with a wired connection.
      I haven't had that yet with the wireless adapter but admittedly haven't had a chance to really use it but for a few minutes yesterday. I have experienced what you describe above when wired, so it would not surprise me if that occurred while wireless and I certainly couldn't fault the wireless adapter for it on its own.
      2018 XC90 T6 R-Design| Bursting Blue | Convenience, HUD, Bowers & Wilkins, 4C Air, 22" 6-spoke wheels, Polestar

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Please bear with me. I carefully read this thread and I am still not quite sure if this product works with Android Auto on a Samsung phone. I have a '19 XC90 and the wired AA works just fine. Can anyone please confirm they got https://carplay2air.com/products/car...to-mirror-link working with AA?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Red View Post
      Please bear with me. I carefully read this thread and I am still not quite sure if this product works with Android Auto on a Samsung phone. I have a '19 XC90 and the wired AA works just fine. Can anyone please confirm they got https://carplay2air.com/products/car...to-mirror-link working with AA?
      Just finished reading this entire thread and noticed this statement on the link you provided: "Wireless CarPlay works only with Apple iOS devices." Am I missing something here?
      Future: 2021 V90 CC (OSD)
      Current: 2017 Subaru Outback Touring
      Previous: 2005 Volvo V70R
      1971 Triumph Tiger 650 (OSD)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
      Just finished reading this entire thread and noticed this statement on the link you provided: "Wireless CarPlay works only with Apple iOS devices." Am I missing something here?
      Apple CarPlay is only available on iPhones running iOS (IIRC iPhone 5 to current 11 variants, but not iPods or iPads). Android Auto (AA) may be available on some Android devices — I just don’t know the supported specific combinations.

Adapters being discussed here all have a prerequisite that the vehicle must first support hardwired versions of Apple CarPlay or AA, both with their own prerequisite Apple or Android smartphone and OS levels. The adapters basically fake-out the vehicle’s hardwired CarPlay or AA system, so smartphone connectivity can can take place wirelessly without the auto mfgr having implemented the more recent wireless implementations from Apple or Google.

I only have experience with my iPhone 11 Pro hardwired to Apple CarPlay or wirelessly via my CARPLAY2air adapter — both work fine in my 2020 XC60 T8 with an iPhone Pro 11. Others using Android will have to weigh-in on their use of AA, CARPLAY2air and their particular Volvo.
      Bert

Present: ‘20 XC60 T8 Inscription
      Past: ‘15 Tesla S90D; ‘14 SLK250; '13 RX450h; ‘09 335i; ‘06 RX400h; ‘02 SC430; ‘99 RX300; ‘95 SC300; ‘91 Legend...

I'm pretty sure that it is possible to purchase an adapter to use AA wireless with your Volvo. I do not believe that the CarPlay2Air device will work. You can check Amazon for Carlinkit devices but you'll need to review them carefully to make sure that you find the correct one that will support your vehicle/device. There's a really good thread for iOS users on MacRumors where a bunch of us have shared ideas. I would suspect that there might be an Android forum out there somewhere that would provide similar knowledge.
      2018 XC90 T6 R-Design| Bursting Blue | Convenience, HUD, Bowers & Wilkins, 4C Air, 22" 6-spoke wheels, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by XC90RDesignATex View Post
      Just went for a spin. Navigation and audio were perfect. No apparent lag on a phone call either. Music displays in center display and steering wheel controls work as designed. I had purchased a wireless charger designed for the XC90 and combination of charger and wireless CarPlay is money!

I have no idea why it started working all of the sudden. It seems to have happened after I removed my phone from the cars Bluetooth memory. Funny thing is, before I got the CarPlay2Air I had returned, I did not have my phone Bluetooth connected because we used CarPlay. I reconnected it to Bluetooth as part of the troubleshooting with the CarPlay2Air. Wish I had a sure method for what worked for me to report to others who have trouble.

Of the device works like it did in my 5 minute test, then it will have totally been worth it!
      That's great! One question - are you using this wireless charger: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Char...0677353&sr=8-4

It looks sleek, and I understand you can close the cover to the console. One thing I've heard is that it sometimes interferes with the key reader, which is located under the cup holder adjacent to the charger - any issues?

That is the charger that I use and it works great. I have had an intermittent issue with the car not reading the key, but honestly, I cannot specifically say whether the issue has been since I installed the wireless charger or existed prior.

I did mention the issue last time I was in for service but with Covid-19, they basically just did the scheduled service and left any issues for a later visit. Like I said, for me, it's pretty infrequent, so not something that I would consider removing the charger because of.

That is the charger that I use and it works great. I have had an intermittent issue with the car not reading the key, but honestly, I cannot specifically say whether the issue has been since I installed the wireless charger or existed prior.

I did mention the issue last time I was in for service but with Covid-19, they basically just did the scheduled service and left any issues for a later visit. Like I said, for me, it's pretty infrequent, so not something that I would consider removing the charger because of.
      Great! Last question (and thanks for your patience) - have you tried to make calls with wireless carplay? Any lag?

Quote Originally Posted by DudeDad View Post
      Great! Last question (and thanks for your patience) - have you tried to make calls with wireless carplay? Any lag?
      Initially I noticed a small amount of lag. But I guess I've gotten used to it as I don't notice it anymore. IMO, not significant enough to detract from the benefits of wireless CarPlay.

Initially I noticed a small amount of lag. But I guess I've gotten used to it as I don't notice it anymore. IMO, not significant enough to detract from the benefits of wireless CarPlay.
      Thanks!

Mine arrived this morning, along with the Kucok car charger. I have a 2020 S60 T6 Inscription/Polestar/Bowers.

First, the charger. Fits perfectly in the 2020 S60. I believe that the consoles are the same for the last few years. I can close the cover with ease.

Second, the CarPlay adapter. I plugged it in, information appeared on the screen, I connected my iPhone to the car per bluetooth (in the BT menu, it appeared shortly after turning the car on), and I was all set. I scanned the QC code on the instruction sheet and it took me to the firmware page, where it confirmed I'm up-to-date (and I clicked the update button to check to be sure). It works well! I stream my music from Apple Music. Scrolling through the artists was a breeze, no lag. When I paused a song, there was a 1 second lag, which is not an issue at all. I left, came back, got in, and it recognized my phone. I still have to test it on the road, but so far, so good.

FYI: iPhone 11 Pro Max - fits perfectly on the charger and between the sides of the center console. It will not slide out to the left or right, and you can close the cover up to the phone for a sleek look!
      Last edited by DudeDad; 05-30-2020 at 03:36 PM.
      2020 S60 T6 Inscription, Polestar, Bowers

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4