Help with "Reduced Engine Performance" turtle warning - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      I'm not kidding. We aren't paid hourly. If I'm driving around all day, I'm not being paid. So if a car needs an extended test drive, it isn't uncommon to have someone who lives far away take it home, with permission. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean anything.

If there is an accident or car theft, it is handled just like it usually would be- through insurance.

At my dealership, only technicians who have a garage to park in can take cars home.
      Isn't a 5-35 mile test drive a part of car repair. I haven't said all day. You will not test the car for 8 hours a day or 300-400 miles

Why would my insurance pay for the damage you did ?
      Extended test drives are not a regular occurrence. If you come in for a noise that is easy to duplicate, I drive it around the neighborhood and hear the noise. I fix it and drive it around the neighborhood again to verify it is gone. You may have 2 or 3 miles more on your car. If I crash, the dealership's insurance pays.

But if there is an intermittent problem, a fuel trim problem, a problem that only starts happening after a long drive, a repeat repair or some other scenario that warrants an extended test drive, then we ask permission and take it home. If I crash, the dealership's insurance still pays.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just had this problem at 3k miles. Waiting for the parts. Car would turn over for a second and then die. Turtle and engine light together. Apparently a lot of work for the tow truck driver. Driveway is on an incline and the parking brake wouldn’t disengage.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousSands View Post
      Just had this problem at 3k miles. Waiting for the parts. Car would turn over for a second and then die. Turtle and engine light together. Apparently a lot of work for the tow truck driver. Driveway is on an incline and the parking brake wouldn’t disengage.
      Ugh, sorry you’re dealing with it too. Just a heads up, it happened again with mine after the fix above and the same codes came back. Ultimately, the issue was that the fuel pump wasn’t getting sufficient power. At the instruction of Volvo USA, they first replaced the passenger side fuse relay. That cleared the original codes, but left a new code. They ended up replacing the CEM, which fixed the new code. I’ve had it back a few weeks, and everything seems fine now.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas99 View Post
      Ugh, sorry you’re dealing with it too. Just a heads up, it happened again with mine after the fix above and the same codes came back. Ultimately, the issue was that the fuel pump wasn’t getting sufficient power. At the instruction of Volvo USA, they first replaced the passenger side fuse relay. That cleared the original codes, but left a new code. They ended up replacing the CEM, which fixed the new code. I’ve had it back a few weeks, and everything seems fine now.
      Thanks for that. They mentioned something about a computer. Maybe there’s a TSB for this now. I have a T5 P*. Strange problem to have. Let’s hope they fix it. So glad I leased this time around.

Not to make light of Vertias99 or your plight, but that turtle icon is one hell of a catchy warning light. Some engineer somewhere had a sense of humor.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I wonder if the TSB was because of your car. ECM was replaced and a fuse relay was replaced with a higher ?number fuse. 20 instead of 15? I can’t imagine it’s amps but maybe it is. Supposedly the software is the latest and should cover for the new recall. There’s no way to tell for sure if it is the latest software. Car seems to be running nicely now.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas99 View Post

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2