'05 Flash Green.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

'05 Flash Green.

Hey guys. I decided to just make a new thread as my other one didn't have an appropriate title, and I couldn't change the title of that thread.

Yesterday, I picked up an OSD '05 Flash Green w/NordKap with 122k on the clock. A buddy of mine saw the ad pop up on Craigslist and immediately texted the seller. She responded and we got the money and headed over. The (then current) owner of the car then proceeded to **** talk every single aspect of the car. How low it is, the fuel economy it gets, how much it costs to fix, everything. She even said the color was ugly. I died a little inside. I tried to make a deal with her, and she immediately gave me some BS lie about needing the car until Tuesday for school. I picked up on the lie right away (thanks interrogation and behavioral language classes) and determined she just didn't want any less than her asking price. So I went and got the rest of the money and she proceeded to play games and make excuses for the next 5 hours until she finally agreed to meet up. I showed up, in my friends Flash Green VR, and scooped it up.

This car is in (almost) perfect condition. The AWD works, the tires and brakes are brand new, it runs good and pulls good, the interior isn't all torn up, the dye is worn on the seats a little, but not torn, see pics. The paint is immaculate except the typical scrape point on the lower front bumper and the fuel door that's a different color (wtf?). It has no sunroof, and an aftermarket radio (ewwwwwww). The only thing I can find wrong is the blower motor control doesn't work, the knob sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Luckily right now it's stuck on blower fan speed 3.

I don't really know what else to saw about it. Enjoy some pictures.

[Edit]: I now own a '06 Sonic blue an a '05 Flash green. Does anyone know how to flat tow a SR ?
      Last edited by BaltotheRolf; 12-08-2019 at 01:20 PM.
      2006 S60R, 90k miles.
      Sonic Blue w/NordKap.

2005 S60R, 122k miles.
      Flash Green w/NordKap.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice score! If you want to sell the red plate lmk.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Nice score! If you want to sell the red plate lmk.
      Thanks! And nooooooooo I think the red plate is the one that came with the car from the factory (I actually have two, for both front and rear).
      2006 S60R, 90k miles.
      Sonic Blue w/NordKap.

2005 S60R, 122k miles.
      Flash Green w/NordKap.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

On my 01 the fuel door hinge spring broke, and then it got blown open and ripped off in an automatic car wash. They probably couldn't find a flash green fuel door anywhere, or didn't bother looking. Post an ad and call the 3 big volvo dismantlers, Erie, Strandberg, and V&S. It's super easy to swap.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydDobler View Post
      On my 01 the fuel door hinge spring broke, and then it got blown open and ripped off in an automatic car wash. They probably couldn't find a flash green fuel door anywhere, or didn't bother looking. Post an ad and call the 3 big volvo dismantlers, Erie, Strandberg, and V&S. It's super easy to swap.

Uhhb who? Guess I need to Google x3.
      2006 S60R, 90k miles.
      Sonic Blue w/NordKap.

2005 S60R, 122k miles.
      Flash Green w/NordKap.

Hey guys, does anyone here know how to fix my blower control not working? Everything else works, auto, vent damper control, temp control, outside/cabin recirculation, everything. Just the fan knob doesn't work.
      2006 S60R, 90k miles.
      Sonic Blue w/NordKap.

2005 S60R, 122k miles.
      Flash Green w/NordKap.

Nice score but happen to the fog lights?

I have a rear nordkap bench that will make that look 100 times better if you are interested. $60 plus shipping
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

Quote Originally Posted by psy View Post
      Nice score but happen to the fog lights?
      No idea, I'm gonna buy the good aftermarket ones that everyone recommends on these forums whenever I have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
      I have a rear nordkap bench that will make that look 100 times better if you are interested. $60 plus shipping
      Uhg I totally would, but after buying the sonic and now this car in such a short time, I'm short on cash right now, in a month or so when I got the cash, if you still have it I'll take it.
      2006 S60R, 90k miles.
      Sonic Blue w/NordKap.

2005 S60R, 122k miles.
      Flash Green w/NordKap.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltotheRolf View Post
      https://www.erievovo.com/

https://www.strandbergauto.com/

https://vsbmparts.com/

Looks like V&S changed their name. Anyway, these three shops buy the most wrecked Volvos in their regions. If anyone has a flash green body with a fuel door it'll be one of these. And they all ship nationwide.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

If anyone has a flash green body with a fuel door it'll be one of these. And they all ship nationwide.
      Somebody (seemed like a professional dismantler) was parting out a Flash VR on eBay not long ago. If the fuel door is the same, it might be worth contacting them.

Edit: This seller... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Green...sAAOSwP6hdRJxq
      Last edited by Chicago_Wagon; 12-12-2019 at 12:34 PM.
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

https://www.erievovo.com/

https://www.strandbergauto.com/

https://vsbmparts.com/

Looks like V&S changed their name. Anyway, these three shops buy the most wrecked Volvos in their regions. If anyone has a flash green body with a fuel door it'll be one of these. And they all ship nationwide.
      Thanks!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Wagon View Post

If anyone has a flash green body with a fuel door it'll be one of these. And they all ship nationwide.
      Somebody (seemed like a professional dismantler) was parting out a Flash VR on eBay not long ago. If the fuel door is the same, it might be worth contacting them.

Edit: This seller... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Green...sAAOSwP6hdRJxq
      Thanks for the lead!
      2006 S60R, 90k miles.
      Sonic Blue w/NordKap.

2005 S60R, 122k miles.
      Flash Green w/NordKap.

They are professional Dismantler, they have won a few SR's and VR's off copart that I was tempted to grab.
      06R - Custom Electric Blue Silver - Suntek PPF / IGL Kenzo Coated / Llumar Airblue 80 / Huper Optic 40
      07R - Magic Blue IGL - Sold

'05 Flash Green.

If you haven’t found a fuel door yet RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by nnn4865 View Post
      Morgantown?

Parting 2004 S60R Flash Green / Atacama
      https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8633414230658/

...for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart. ecclesiastes 7:2
      Thanks!

Thanks for the lead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

If you haven’t found a fuel door yet RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by nnn4865 View Post
      Morgantown?

Parting 2004 S60R Flash Green / Atacama
      https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8633414230658/

...for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart. ecclesiastes 7:2
      Thanks!

Thanks for the lead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Bought his fuel door yesterday :3.
      2006 S60R, 90k miles.
      Sonic Blue w/NordKap.

2005 S60R, 122k miles.
      Flash Green w/NordKap.

Excellent!

Excellent!
      I'm excited. Now I just need to save up some $ for new seats. Everywhere I have read (including this forum) says the blue doesn't match.
      2006 S60R, 90k miles.
      Sonic Blue w/NordKap.

2005 S60R, 122k miles.
      Flash Green w/NordKap.

Looks like a dog owned that back seat. How deep are the marks?
      2004 V70 T5M: Platinum Green Bob Villa mod | boost gauge | poly mounts | Snabb intake | IPD sways | Koni yellow struts | KYB monotube shocks http://imgur.com/a/0MRgX
      2005 Mazda6 Sportwagon in progress...
      2012 Ford Flex Limited

2001 Subaru Outback H6 L.L.Bean/2000 Honda Odyssey EX recently passed (together!)

Quote Originally Posted by thaxman View Post

Looks like a dog owned that back seat. How deep are the marks?
      They aren't marks, the dye in the seats has been removed. I'm thinking someone used the wrong cleaning solution + too hard of a brush. Ripped the dye right out of the seats!
      2006 S60R, 90k miles.
      Sonic Blue w/NordKap.

2005 S60R, 122k miles.
      Flash Green w/NordKap.

They aren't marks, the dye in the seats has been removed. I'm thinking someone used the wrong cleaning solution + too hard of a brush. Ripped the dye right out of the seats!
      Armor-All :{
      2004 V70 T5M: Platinum Green Bob Villa mod | boost gauge | poly mounts | Snabb intake | IPD sways | Koni yellow struts | KYB monotube shocks http://imgur.com/a/0MRgX
      2005 Mazda6 Sportwagon in progress...
      2012 Ford Flex Limited

2001 Subaru Outback H6 L.L.Bean/2000 Honda Odyssey EX recently passed (together!)

Congrats on the Flash, it's an exclusive club. Good SR nordkap seats aren't too difficult to come by, I'd keep an eye out for a used one.
      04 V70R Flash Green/Atacama6MT

24. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements