S60 - 2019 T6 R Polestar vs T6 Inscription
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

S60 - 2019 T6 R Polestar vs T6 Inscription

Good afternoon!

I'm between a loaded 2019 T6R with Polestar tuning and a 2019 T6 Inscription.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the T6R, but my only hesitation is the black leather and lack of seat cooling.

My daily commute is 100 miles round trip, so I spend a bit of time in my cars!! Any long term users that can comment (pro/con) on these seats?

I'm also curious how folks are enjoying their Polestar tuned T6's. What were the differences you noticed vs a standard T6?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think the cooling seats also includes the message function. If you want that I'd go with the cooling seats. Polestar will make midrange more lively. If neither matter I'd go with the one you can get the best deal on.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
      2020 V60 T5 Inscription Fusion Red Luxury and Advanced Package

The Polestar tune can always be added to the Inscription..

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sparg93 View Post
      Good afternoon!

At the moment I'm leaning towards the T6R, but my only hesitation is the black leather and lack of seat cooling.

My daily commute is 100 miles round trip, so I spend a bit of time in my cars!! Any long term users that can comment (pro/con) on these seats?

I'm also curious how folks are enjoying their Polestar tuned T6's. What were the differences you noticed vs a standard T6?

Thanks!
      I've had now 3 cars with cooled seats and it's good to have but honestly it's not a big deal if you don't have it. As long as the temp inside the cabin is fine you shouldn't need it.

I would go with R Design which will most likely be less expensive and be sportier especially with P* tune. I wouldn't choose the Inscription just for cooled seats.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

Thanks for all the comments - this would be a Lease, so no future P*star update. I've driven cars with massagers, but personally, not a big fan...it would really only be for the cooling affect on warmer days. In a small rant, cooling seats should be an option on the R...I would happily pay more for it!

Good afternoon!

Thanks!
      If you live in the south or southwest the ventilated seats are worth their weight in sweaty gold!
      Hers - 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription via OSD His - 2016 MB C300 Sport 4matic
      Just for fun - 2001 Honda S2000 - also hers

I was also between the RD-T6 and Inscription T6 and chose the Inscription. Polestar didn't really matter to me as the 316hp is plenty. I don't particularly like the black only interior option in the RDs and exterior color choice (for RDs when) I leased my car was limited to Black, Red and Pebble gray; none of which appealed to me. I found a Denim Blue/Blonde with Driftwood trim T6 Inscription and really love that combo; even the Driftwood trim vs the metallic in RDs.

I would have liked the cooled seats but at the time (June 1) every car in SoCal with that option included the B&W system which bumped the MSRP more than $5,000. The B&W is fantastic, but I just don't listen to music enough for it to matter. The HK system is very good and more than adequate for my needs. The standard leather seats are among the most comfortable I've ever had and the blonde interior helps keep the seats and cabin cooled. I'm in Los Angeles and didn't miss the cooled seats at all. The kids are all grown up and gone so I'm not worried about being able to keep the seats clean. It's personal preference of course, but I actually prefer the look and ride of the Inscription to the RD so for me it was an easy decision. Good luck!
      Last edited by bigtree; 12-12-2019 at 06:04 PM.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription. Denim Blue, Blonde, Driftwood. Advanced, Heated rear seats/steering wheel, 19" Inscript. wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey54 View Post
      If you live in the south or southwest the ventilated seats are worth their weight in sweaty gold!
      Exactly why I went with the V60 CC vs polestar
      2020 V60 CC

IMO, R-Design vs. Inscription comes down to a personal choice regarding rida and handling, expecially if the R-design has the Sport Chassis, and seat comfort.
      I live in South Florida and had a 2017 S60 Dynamic with black interior and now have a 2019 R-Design with black interior. I had the windows tinted in both cars (at the legal limit) and didn't find the black interior was a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      IMO, R-Design vs. Inscription comes down to a personal choice regarding rida and handling, expecially if the R-design has the Sport Chassis, and seat comfort.
      I live in South Florida and had a 2017 S60 Dynamic with black interior and now have a 2019 R-Design with black interior. I had the windows tinted in both cars (at the legal limit) and didn't find the black interior was a problem.
      Thatís simply crazy to me regardless of tints, you might just like hot seats and wet back. Let me ask you this have you ever sit in a car with cooled seats ? What do you normally wear as if you got to wear a dress shirt and a tie you would cook LoL
      2020 V60 CC

Also keep in mind 2019 R design didn't have a lot of stuff as standard that the Inscription does, Tailored dash, better interior lighting etc. That sort of stuff was an option for the 2019 though a lot went standard for the R design for 2020. Make sure the "loaded" T6Rdesign you're looking at is *actually* loaded with those sorts of options if you want them.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Thanks for all the comments - this would be a Lease, so no future P*star update. I've driven cars with massagers, but personally, not a big fan...it would really only be for the cooling affect on warmer days. In a small rant, cooling seats should be an option on the R...I would happily pay more for it!
      It can still have the polestar optimization as an option already on the car on a car that you lease....
      2019 S60 T6 R-Design w/Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      Also keep in mind 2019 R design didn't have a lot of stuff as standard that the Inscription does, Tailored dash, better interior lighting etc. That sort of stuff was an option for the 2019 though a lot went standard for the R design for 2020. Make sure the "loaded" T6Rdesign you're looking at is *actually* loaded with those sorts of options if you want them.
      Thanks everybody for comments. MSRP of the R is $56.4k, so I believe it's close to almost all options. It has all the options I wanted (B&W, p*star, advanced, protection, etc). I drove it yesterday and put down a refundable deposit....this little 4 door really moves and the suspension was comfortable! Also, black on black with the optional rims is simply stunning, IMHO.

I'm coming from an A5 w/sport suspension and sticky summer tires, which is my preferred "feel," but maybe b/c I'm getting older I did enjoy not having the hard hits of a tighter suspension when driving the S60.

As an aside, the deal on the R is really hard to pass up, especially b/c I need 15k/yr on the lease. At the moment, they are down to $17.3k all-in over 3yrs...that includes taxes, DAS, etc. I'm having a hard time finding a S60 with cooler seats in that price point, or even just a few $$ higher.

Quick update - this morning I found a 2019 S60 Inscription, black on amber with the cooled seats. They matched the S60R deal I was getting...so for me, I couldn't turn it down. Unfortunately it does not have the P*star tuning, but with the little time I had with the R and Inscription, I could tell a slight difference when I pushed it on the highway, but not enough to override cooled seats as I wear a suit to work everyday.

I also loved the Amber interior on the Inscription, sharp color.

Thanks everybody for their advice and chiming in on this thread. I'll post pics when I pick it up later in the week!

Quick update - this morning I found a 2019 S60 Inscription, black on amber with the cooled seats. They matched the S60R deal I was getting...so for me, I couldn't turn it down. Unfortunately it does not have the P*star tuning, but with the little time I had with the R and Inscription, I could tell a slight difference when I pushed it on the highway, but not enough to override cooled seats as I wear a suit to work everyday.

I also loved the Amber interior on the Inscription, sharp color.

Thanks everybody for their advice and chiming in on this thread. I'll post pics when I pick it up later in the week!
      You can add the softer tuning itís an accessories like flor mats
      2020 V60 CC

That's a nice lease deal. Is that tax included? (not knowing your state). I was similar on a 15k lease with just over 50k MSRP in May. Looks like good deals to move the 2019s out.

Not that it is a big deal, but the 2019 R-D was missing the 4-zone climate, stitched dash and a bunch of the interior lighting. They added that for 2020 but you're not missing anything over the 2020 with the Inscription so the 2019 is a great move to get a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
      That's a nice lease deal. Is that tax included? (not knowing your state). I was similar on a 15k lease with just over 50k MSRP in May. Looks like good deals to move the 2019s out.

Not that it is a big deal, but the 2019 R-D was missing the 4-zone climate, stitched dash and a bunch of the interior lighting. They added that for 2020 but you're not missing anything over the 2020 with the Inscription so the 2019 is a great move to get a deal.
      Yes, after taxes. The Inscription is close to 56k and the original quote was $21k after taxes, but then I added in MSD's and pushed him to bring the cost down.

He wasn't thrilled with the deal, but was glad to get the 2019 off his lot before they flipped it to loaner status.

Your comment re: lighting on the R - I was surprised when I read about that on this forum. I wonder why Volvo did not include that on the 19? I was also glad to see the 2020 R add Slate interior. I saw a new R on Saturday and the slate color was sharp IMO.
      Last edited by Sparg93; 12-16-2019 at 05:16 AM.

For me a big plus for the RD would be: paddle shifters.
      Last edited by yidal8; 12-16-2019 at 08:26 AM.
      2013 XC70 T6, Flamenco Red
      2016 Jaguar XJ AWD
      2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by yidal8 View Post
      For me a big plus for the RD would be: paddle shifters.
      I have found manual shifting on these 2 liter turbos pointless, there is no real engine braking like you get in a larger displacement engine. I use to use paddles all the time on my 3.2 v6 Audi, I get next to no engine braking with the T6 v60. So I wouldn't make the paddles a deal breaker until you have tried both to ensure you get the experience you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoConvert View Post
      I have found manual shifting on these 2 liter turbos pointless, there is no real engine braking like you get in a larger displacement engine. I use to use paddles all the time on my 3.2 v6 Audi, I get next to no engine braking with the T6 v60. So I wouldn't make the paddles a deal breaker until you have tried both to ensure you get the experience you are looking for.
      Agree with this comment, plus isn't it the RDes that comes with shifters and the Inscription doesn't? I've had paddle shifters on every car I've had since 2000 and almost never used them. The exception was a 2007 S6 which was fun to downshift at 60+mph to get around traffic. Had a great roar as well (V10). The Dynamic mode in my T6 Inscription is pretty good at selecting the proper gear when I want to punch it.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription. Denim Blue, Blonde, Driftwood. Advanced, Heated rear seats/steering wheel, 19" Inscript. wheels.

Yeah, for me I'm not a big paddle shifter guy with these slush boxes and a 2.0L

But for a car that had a dual clutch, bigger engine or was track focused, that would be a win.

I sign for the car tomorrow and take delivery Friday night. First new car so I'm pretty excited for the event!

Your comment re: lighting on the R - I was surprised when I read about that on this forum. I wonder why Volvo did not include that on the 19? I was also glad to see the 2020 R add Slate interior. I saw a new R on Saturday and the slate color was sharp IMO.
      I'm far from a cynical guy, but I think Volvo, and other makers do this too...they thought hey we can make this "sporty model" and black the trim, put in the sport seats, swapping trim kinda stuff that hardly costs more, and then charge almost the same as we do for the Inscription basically because sporty! Then I think they hit the market and found they were a little stingy and had to work hard to move the R-D because the buyer on the fence between models, do they want the sporty look or the cooled massaging seats stitched dash, 4-zone climate nicer lighting etc. For me it was not a question, the contour seats and sport chassis were a must, but I was also shopping the lease deal so I had my price. They had to go back and add a little back for 2020 to sweeten the deal to where the R-D buyer doesn't feel like they are missing out too much.

Shift paddles meh, nice to have occasionally, but I was a manual driver forever, unless that thing shifts gears in an instant, like actual control over the trans, just leave in drive and let it do it's thing. The Aisin trans in the Volvo is just not responsive enough for that. Do enjoy sport steering wheel though.

For me, getting the RD was all about colour. I find the Volvo palette quite plan with the exception of the RD colours. My wife chose the RD for her XC90 to get Passion Red and I wanted Bursting Blue. Also the sports chassis is definitely a must for me as well. It would have been nice if Volvo threw in Polestar in the actually have a performance difference IMO.
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) |

26. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements