Door Latch Recall - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Quote Originally Posted by Velocitoro View Post
      A bit late to this party and want to express my appreciation for the recall information. The VIN for my MY 2015 Volvo V60 R-Design Polestar (Manufacture Date: 15.May.2014) is not among those listed through the NHTSB or through the Volvo recall sites. At least not to date, that is. Just chiming in to let those with vehicles from around that time know the status so far.
      Vin database is not up to date. Chances are all U.S. manufactured Volvo during the specified years are affected. Give them time to update the database.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Velocitoro View Post
      A bit late to this party and want to express my appreciation for the recall information. The VIN for my MY 2015 Volvo V60 R-Design Polestar (Manufacture Date: 15.May.2014) is not among those listed through the NHTSB or through the Volvo recall sites. At least not to date, that is. Just chiming in to let those with vehicles from around that time know the status so far.
      Vin database is not up to date. Chances are all U.S. manufactured Volvo during the specified years are affected. Give them time to update the database.

Yes, I got the recall on my 2014. I’ll take care of it next time it’s in. I still have 1000 miles of test on my new rings (seems to have fixed the problem).
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2017 Volvo V90 Cross Country T6, Osmium Gray with Charcoal interior, Convenience Package, Bowers and Wilkins, HUD, Air Susp.
      2014 Volvo S60 T5 Platinum AWD, Crystal White Pearl/Beechwood, Sport Package, Climate Package
      1995 Ford F250, 4x4 off road package, (In Storage during winters, very nice condition)

Quote Originally Posted by kentajeff View Post
      Yes, I got the recall on my 2014. Iíll take care of it next time itís in. I still have 1000 miles of test on my new rings (seems to have fixed the problem).
      Did your 2014 have an oil consumption problem? Or why did you get new rings?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

My dealer in Richmond says letters will go out in April 2020. I'm not having any trouble with mine, but did have the driver's side replaced under warranty a few years ago. MR2012.

Quote Originally Posted by VGCollie View Post
      My dealer in Richmond says letters will go out in April 2020. I'm not having any trouble with mine, but did have the driver's side replaced under warranty a few years ago. MR2012.
      I've never had issue, but you know if the problem rises to the level that a recall is necessary, it's best to have the issue addressed. Government + Volvo has determined that even if the risk is low, having your door swing open while driving, could be very problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      I've never had issue, but you know if the problem rises to the level that a recall is necessary, it's best to have the issue addressed. Government + Volvo has determined that even if the risk is low, having your door swing open while driving, could be very problematic.
      Yes, I would say this is a potentially catastrophic failure. Piston ring failures and now this, a safety issue. Nothing in the mail from Volvo yet, will wait and see. Thanks for notifying. Will make sure all occupants are buckled up. That's a lot of effected cars and parts and labor.

Consumer Reports has printed this online :

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...-unexpectedly/

MAKE SURE ALL OCCUPANTS ARE BUCKLED UP
      2012 S60 T5 FWD & 2013 XC90 AWD

Oh of course CR would jump in asap.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
      Oh of course CR would jump in asap.
      Well yes, that is their job.

Iím glad someone is making an effort inform owners about this potentially very serious problem, because Volvo donít seem to be in any particular hurry to let us know.
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

Because the parts arent ready yet and they dont want dealerships flooded with calls they cant do anything about.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
      2016 Bright Silver Metallic XC90 T8 Inscription, everything
      2015.5 Rebel Blue S60 Polestar 18/40
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod
      "Just say no to LV VIN codes"

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
      Yes, I would say this is a potentially catastrophic failure. Piston ring failures and now this, a safety issue. Nothing in the mail from Volvo yet, will wait and see. Thanks for notifying. Will make sure all occupants are buckled up. That's a lot of effected cars and parts and labor.

Consumer Reports has printed this online :

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...-unexpectedly/

MAKE SURE ALL OCCUPANTS ARE BUCKLED UP
      The parts have yet to be sent to dealers. Maybe sometime in January or February. I imagine we'll all get notice in the mail when the ball gets rolling.

Piston issue has affected many brands, not just Volvo.

1. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...ement-approved

2. https://www.autonews.com/article/201...-burning-claim

Far as the doors swinging open, I am sure chances are unlikely. But I'd always recommend occupants be buckled! Unbuckled individuals have a far greater chance of injury in a car wreck.
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 12-29-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Putting this in perspective in terms of recalls of automotive history (which I just browsed) it's small compared to others by Takata, Toyota, Ford, GM, etc. With only about 145,000 cars of S60s, V60s and CCs it's great news for dealer techs. Lots of OT coming their way.

Good to hear Volvo is stepping up and taking care of it. Not much of a response so far on the threads so many still on vacation. Once the letter arrives in the box, the dealer will gets the phone calls. I'd guess appointments won't start till spring time...right around the corner.
      2012 S60 T5 FWD & 2013 XC90 AWD

Our (first) letter arrived today, 1/28/2020.

Guess it's time to wait for the second letter, letting us know parts are available.

Eric
      2015.5 S60 T5, color: Seashell. Our first Volvo. So far a good experience. 0% financing is what got us in the door. Features sealed the deal.

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3