Performance parts for Volvo! Vaitrix USA - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by somerandomname View Post
      Looks like they're all sold out on the vaitrixusa.com website?

We ran out of bluetooth modules, and had to make more (that's the reason why). I'll be taking off the sold out notice this morning. It may just be a day or two before they ship if ordered.
      ----

VAITRIX USA | VOLVO SPA | Performance Parts & Tuning
      www.vaitrixusa.com| [email protected]

Follow us:
      Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

@MJEWETT how has the unit been the past month and a half? For sure as, long term reliability is my only concern. I love the tuning aspect and added performance but not if I have to sacrifice daily driving and reliability.
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) |

Quote Originally Posted by VaitrixUSA View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by MJEWETT View Post
      Though I have posted this in the Booster's official Thread, I figured I would share my thoughts here as well since there was a good amount of activity here.

As it has been a few weeks driving with the Booster installed, I think it is a fair time to assess the unit.

My first comment is... wow. Considering this is a plug and play option with zero programming required, I am genuinely astounded by the difference.

Overall, I'd like to think of myself as a pretty avid tuner. I've had plenty of Saabs all of which I had tuned through a vermont-based tuning company appropriately named Vermonttuning. Their Vtuner ecu tune were pretty great, but as with most tunes, took a lot of time. Additionally, as with most tunes, there are always kinks that need to be worked out and fine tuned, especially as other aspects are changed. I also had a MKVI GTI that I tuned. My most recent car before the S60 was a Giulia. I utilized basically every performance option EuroCompulsion offered, so I am very familiar with Vaitrix/EC and their Staff/Customer Support.

Because of this, I was trusting right off the bat, and I understand most won't be right off the bat. Yes, most of these plug in booster units are basically... fluff. Pretty much a plug and play unit that you can put into any car... literally the same little box labeled for various models as if they are fine tuned specifically for them. They never are.

The Vaitrix Booster is different, because it is in fact designed specifically for these engines. And you can definitely tell. I have a 2019 S60 T6 R-Design with the Polestar tune, just for stock stats. Initially, I did notice a pretty significant difference from stock. After the "learning" period, the difference was much stronger. I would say low-end torque has definitely improved, shifts almost seem more solid now as well with the added oomph. The tranny also seems to hunt for the right gear a lot less as well, again most likely attributed to the extra power.

The really noticeable difference is during highway driving. 100% honest, it doesn't even feel like the same car. The car MOVES when you floor it at highway speeds. This car has a ton of steam now passing power wise... and having a little fun with other drivers as well. Smashing the pedal at 80, brings you past legal speeds very quickly... And let's be honest, I'd say the most important power is power on the highway. Yeah, its fun to pull away from a stop light quickly (which this also definitely helps) but passing and getting up to higher speeds is not only safer but a ton more enjoyable now.

I don't know if it is just me, but I almost feel as though I hear the supercharger and turbocharger a lot more, which I am enjoying nonetheless. Even with the power increase, I am actually getting much higher mpg's. I averaged 37mpg on a highway trip from CT to ME. My overall average went from 20.2 to 24.6 mpg.

As it stands for the price, and the very limited options out there for our cars other than this unit, I'd say its the best bang for your buck. Especially when you compare it to the Heico option, which is essentially the exact same thing... a boost box, for thousands rather than hundreds.

Installation is also very straightforward and simple. Toby helped me out a bit with some initial install hiccups, but as always, he got everything straightened out quickly and efficiently. Customer Support is huge at EC/Vaitrix and it shows. I have always received help extremely quickly between my Giulia and now my S60. Something that you don't expect anymore sadly...

I might have been the first to get the Booster unit for the S60, and I will definitely be the first to get the full air-intake kit once released. Thoroughly impressed, as always, guys!

Forgot to thank you Mike for posting your thoughts and experiences! Glad you're enjoying the kit!
      Quote Originally Posted by MJEWETT View Post
      Anytime!
      Anytime!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thorin33 View Post
      @MJEWETT how has the unit been the past month and a half? For sure as, long term reliability is my only concern. I love the tuning aspect and added performance but not if I have to sacrifice daily driving and reliability.
      Long term wise, I can’t answer fully to be honest. I had my car replaced by Volvo and just recently received my replacement. I was in the process of not being too sure when it would arrive so I had removed it anticipating picking the new one up and not worrying about removing it beforehand.

But, as before, I am just as pleased with it on my new one as I was with the original. I’ll definitely speak to long term once I hit a milestone but I don’t see any reason for worrying about that. I hadn’t experienced any issues prior to removing it from the other car and don’t expect to have any with this one.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2