No oil pressure in bottom end. No flow at all. - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      The only view of much main bearing looks OK (#2). How are the rest?
      The oil galleys are clean looking except for the turd.
      2004 V70R GT 255K miles purchased 9/15/12. Had several R company cars in the past and had to have one of my own.
      OBX DP but I've only just begun.............
      2010 XC60 T6 RD
      Several farm trucks, tractors, trailers, and a Suzuki Carry Kei truck.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Main bearings actually look great, so does the crank. I don't think I really have to replace anything.

Wow that is nasty. Change your oil on time and use good oil I guess lol.
      2018 Leadfoot Ford Raptor.
      05 S60R MT, Stock block 578AWHP, 12.2 1/4 mile at 124 mph. Built 804 AWHP. Built engine, Cnc ported head, Front & Rear LSD, Ported Gen 2 T4 GTX3584RS hybrid, Turbosmart 45mm WG, Tial QR Bov, Enem Y21 Cams, Radium Surge tank, 1700cc Id's, Triple Walbro 485's, PM3, Devils Own meth injection, speed density converted mafless setup, Bell FMIC, Snabb air box, Poly, Milletech intake manifold, IP plasma coils, IP Plasma lift. Snabb shifter. TTV Twin Clutch. GB Forgestar F-14's, Enkei RSF5, KW V2'S, Ur Braces, Vr sways, IPD toe bars. Built to the hill.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
      Wow that is nasty. Change your oil on time and use good oil I guess lol.
      yeah this thing is going to get really short oil chang intervals. The previous owner must have never changed that filter.

Looks part hamster part fudge. Oil changes must have been unfamiliar to the prior owner.
      07 S60R Electric Slvr/Nordkap 6MT Darton Sleeved/Rods/Pistons, RaceS60R FMIC, IPD Sways, Spec Stg3+ SMF, PDV Collar Sleeve, EFR7163, PM3, Aeromotive 340 fp, ID1050x, RS4 MAF, Devils Own Meth & Contrast Tune
      01 Audi S4, Tial 605's, built engine, etc
      93 Mustang Cobra, Incon Twin Turbo 347 Dart, etc

The cleanliness around in the photo doesn't look like no oil changes. I am curious if that is a glob of anaerobic sealer. That is a very short distance from the oil pan junction. Was there visible sealer at oil pan joint? The sealer used is applied like paint with a roller. If it is squeezed from tube the excess goes places it does not belong.
      2004 V70R GT 255K miles purchased 9/15/12. Had several R company cars in the past and had to have one of my own.
      OBX DP but I've only just begun.............
      2010 XC60 T6 RD
      Several farm trucks, tractors, trailers, and a Suzuki Carry Kei truck.

Quote Originally Posted by cattlecar View Post
      The cleanliness around in the photo doesn't look like no oil changes. I am curious if that is a glob of anaerobic sealer. That is a very short distance from the oil pan junction. Was there visible sealer at oil pan joint? The sealer used is applied like paint with a roller. If it is squeezed from tube the excess goes places it does not belong.
      No visible excess of sealant. That big glob was about as hard as concrete and was all oil filter material that had been compacted and heat baked. Guessing the oil filter collapsed or something. The engine seems really clean, so I'm guessing it was taken care of really well most of its life. This thing has a lot of mods on it that were done a long time ago. Someone loved it at one point, but it seems like this last owner decided to treat it like garbage.

Wow, that is nuts. One of those cases where the whole time you're pulling the engine you're thinking "I hope this isn't a waste of time" and then the second you see the problem there's this huge wave of relief and you know you did the right thing. Happy motoring.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Daughter's first car. No mods unless she does 'em herself.

For some reason I am experiencing a similar issue.. however everything is fine no noise or stumbling or anything.. I have a low oil pressure message only when it’s warmed up and even then it’s only at idle (stop lights and signs etc) but the moment I press accelerator no message. The car runs great.. I had Voltech do the whole PCV system and even dropped the oil pan, because the previous owner had it clogged to that point and the whole timing service including the variable valve timing gears everything. I went to IPD Tuesday and grabbed some stuff including the new oil pressure sensor so I am just hoping that will kill that message tomorrow..

Yikes 😬 that’s an oil clot!

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2