We bought the car new back in May of 2013 and I figured it's about time I made a thread for it. This will help me keep track of the maintenance and share things I learn along the way.
Here's a few pics of the car from 2015:
I've been pretty rigorous with the maintenance on this car from day one. I've been with Volvo long enough to know not to leave it up to them or their recommendations. I did the first oil change at 1k miles, then again at 2,500 miles and 5,000 miles. The idea was to get any particulates out from the break-in period. It may seem a bit overkill but we intend to keep this car for a very long time.
OCI's have been every 5k miles since except for the most recent, I went 7k miles just because I didn't have time to do it earlier. The car now has about 67,700 miles and has been mostly trouble free.
Besides the included free oil changes, it's only been to the dealer three other times for warranty repairs:
1. Replace driver's door panel that wasn't installed properly at the factory.
2. Replace the HVAC expansion valve.
3. Replace battery.
Besides that I've done all the maintenance and repairs needed. Besides oil changes, brake fluid flush, and air filter/cabin filter changes, I replaced the following:
at 50k miles:
1. Drain and fill the trans fluid.
at 60k miles:
1. All brake pads and rotors (used Akebono pads and Centric powerslot rotors).
2. Ignition switch (wasn't always starting with the first flick)
3. Spark plugs (genuine Volvo plugs)
4. Oil cap O-ring
at 67k miles:
1. Front end-links
2. Removed and cleaned ETM and replaced gasket to alleviate dropping idle when coming to a stop
3. Cleaned MAF sensor
I will try and update this thread each time I do a repair or interesting maintenance item. I will also add more pics.