Another 2007 V70R Thread - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post

REALLY. That's fascinating!
      Yeah man! I did one in a junk car, it's super easy compared to going through the fender. You pop off the bumper cover, remove the bolts for the passenger headlight, disconnect the headlight connectors, and then it's just two nuts and a plug. You can't have big meaty hands, but it's totally doable with a small box end wrench and some finagling.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
      Me: 2007 VR gt Slicktop Titanium Grey/Nordkap Wife: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD Ocean Race
      Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T Silver/Black, 1991 745 White auto, 1982 244 Silver 4spd w/od

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Another 2007 V70R Thread

So you bought the slick top. Nice. I decided the long route and check everything up front so I removed the fender, etc. I then took a dreamel with a disk and cut a groove in the screw so I could remove it with a screwdriver. I bought the new siren and grommets for fender insert from FCP and reused the screw(I forgot to order screw). Siren works great (2 years later) when I reconnect the battery during this build I’m doing.
      Happy New Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterBD View Post
      So you bought the slick top. Nice. I decided the long route and check everything up front so I removed the fender, etc. I then took a dreamel with a disk and cut a groove in the screw so I could remove it with a screwdriver. I bought the new siren and grommets for fender insert from FCP and reused the screw(I forgot to order screw). Siren works great (2 years later) when I reconnect the battery during this build I’m doing.
      Happy New Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nice! More than one way to skin a giraffe.

And yeah man, the slick top is gooood needs a few cosmetic things but it's mechanically solid.

Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T Silver/Black, 1991 745 White auto, 1982 244 Silver 4spd w/od

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Today so far! Adding the HCM for ABL light retrofit. (The fancy bending projector lights)

Removed the front and back rail clips for the seat, back ones are a little finicky, included a detail shot of the clip mechanism. Basically price straight away from the rail parallel and they release.

Then four 13 mm bolts, and the seat can lift back and sit there. The connector for the HCM is pre-wired on 2007 cars for sure, don't know about 2005 and 2006, but it's possible.

Mine was taped along this cable run under the carpet under the seat - managed to shift it around, grab the connector, plug it in, and stuff the HCM back under the carpet without removing any trim.

Yes, I need to vacuum...

Last edited by tabormeister; 01-13-2020 at 03:34 PM.

GEEZE. You know measure twice, cut once? I could've used a little here.... Went to install premium speaker + tweeter (thanks @Exocet for the inspiration) and last night it seemed like everything worked great, but got 5mm bolts that were 20mm long, later found out that'll JUST skip over a window arm and trap it. So a good portion of my work day today was hoping for no rain while a coworker ran me to Lowe's....12mm length bolts much better.
      Very easy access behind the speaker from the cable gromet above, perfectly enough room to hold the nylon lock washers with a small wrench while tightening from the front.

And now my window goes up and down again!

Got the premium speaker in, AND got my electrically folding mirror in on the left (courtesy of Viva) with puddle light hopefully puddle lights start working when I put in the other side, maybe needs a Vida change if not.

I really like the look of the satin silver R-design style caps from @Connor @ ViVa

Sidenote: the 2007+ mirror motors have a torx screw in the center that must be removed before prying. Old style just pry out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled Man View Post
      You all do have someone who has a giant garage that fits 9 cars to work on in .... LOL
      9 JEEZ, I wish mine would just fit a couple more and a addition of a lift would be awesome.
      2006 Sonic V70R GT 150k
      2013 XC90 R Design Electric Silver 50K (The Wife's)
      2015 Silverado High Country 1500 4WD Ruby Metallic 70k

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2