Vibration at 75 mph+ (2019 S60)
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 125
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71

      Vibration at 75 mph+ (2019 S60)

      Hello all,

      This weekend I took my car on it's first long distance trip. Went down to AC and towards the end of the trip closer to my destination, the Garden State Parkway speeds up. Everyone does about 80mph on average.

      Where I live I don't take the car up to that speed but while doing this I noticed the car vibrates. The steering wheel, pedal and floor. Almost feels like like the car is doing 140mph and wind resistance is making the car vibrate. About 70mph and below I don't really feel it or notice it but if I do 80 I expect the car to be buttery smooth but I get that noticeable vibration.

      Currently, the car has 1,200 miles on it. The alignment is fine as it drives straight. Pro Pilot assist was used often and didn't seem affected. Visually the steering wheel doesn't look like it's vibrating or shaking, but you feel it.

      I'm thinking a high speed wheel balancing should fix it but the car only has 1,200 miles on it.

      I'm planning on making an appointment. I have a wheel and tire plan when I got the car so if I need a new rim or tire (potholes) it should all be covered.

      To those with a 2019 S60 or V60, is it buttery smooth around 80mph?
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2018
      Location
      Ellicott City, MD
      Posts
      12
      My 2019 S60 Inscription has just under 10k miles on it and it shakes at 74-75mph or higher, too. Not a strong shake, but certainly not buttery smooth. Iíll have it addressed at my 1st service.

      Btw, I had a road-hazard-related blow-out at just under 4K miles. Had the dealer mount a new tire, and I brought it up then. Service tech said heís heard of some issue, but recommended that I give it until my 10k service to see if it goes away. Seemed like an odd reply.

    4. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by USAF_Paul View Post
      My 2019 S60 Inscription has just under 10k miles on it and it shakes at 74-75mph or higher, too. Not a strong shake, but certainly not buttery smooth. Iíll have it addressed at my 1st service.

      Btw, I had a road-hazard-related blow-out at just under 4K miles. Had the dealer mount a new tire, and I brought it up then. Service tech said heís heard of some issue, but recommended that I give it until my 10k service to see if it goes away. Seemed like an odd reply.

      That's interesting to hear. Would like to hear more replies. It'll also help to see what the outcome is after I bring it in for service so I don't have high hopes it the problem remains.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

    6. #4
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      12
      At 80 mph mine also vibrates mildly. Took it to my 10k service and the service guy said he could re-balance the tires but it would be $50. What's ironic is i bought the car as a demo with 7k miles on it, and part of the deal was to put 2 new front tires on it (plus a new wheel to replace a scuffed one). I was kind of miffed, but decided to save my money and live with it. It was just a small footnote to what ended up being a very bad first service department visit -- I'm hoping subsequent visits will upgrade my first impressions.
      Jeff
      2019 S60 T5 R-Design w/Adv Pkg

    7. #5
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      USA, DE
      Posts
      122
      I took a long trip yesterday (4 hours on highway) and stayed around 75mp. No vibration at that speed or even slightly higher. I have 2000miles on the clock now. I had read many threads about the vibration so my whole body was like a sensor while driving. Knocking on the wood.

      I have a different concern. When I take off from stand-still, I feel some minor vibration in the rear. It feels like the rear wheel are wobbling. It disappears as soon as the speed reaches 20mph. I kinda think that the rear diff is doing it for some reason as it happens only when AWD is engaged.

      There is always something, eh?
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

    8. #6
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      592
      Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
      I took a long trip yesterday (4 hours on highway) and stayed around 75mp. No vibration at that speed or even slightly higher. I have 2000miles on the clock now. I had read many threads about the vibration so my whole body was like a sensor while driving. Knocking on the wood.

      I have a different concern. When I take off from stand-still, I feel some minor vibration in the rear. It feels like the rear wheel are wobbling. It disappears as soon as the speed reaches 20mph. I kinda think that the rear diff is doing it for some reason as it happens only when AWD is engaged.

      There is always something, eh?

      Crazy story, I could not believe it myself but experience it first hand.

      I started to notice what I thought was rear wheel wobbling I thought it could be something with the suspension will bearing or than my wheel was actually coming loose. After a long time checking everything I found out that the door for the fuel tank somehow was misaligned and it created that type of annoys in certain conditions that sounded like a suspension or wheel issue.

      This could be completely irrelevant to your situation.

      But I thought Iíd share as I would never think this week that have that kind of affect
      2020 V60 CC

    9. #7
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      94

      Vibration at 75 mph+ (2019 S60)

      I have a 2019 S60 T6 Inscription with just under 4K miles, and my car has shaken at freeway speeds since the day I picked it up.

      The shaking has persisted through multiple tire replacements (all 4 replaced multiple times), tons of road force balancing, new 19Ē rims, and new 18Ē rims with winter tires. Iíve even paid a local garage to try and balance the wheels in addition to more than 10 trips to the dealer, but nothing has lasted more than a week at most.

      Ironically, I had a 2019 S60 T5 Momentum prior to this one that had a bunch of other issues but never once shook on the freeway. I got it up over 90 mph by accident multiple times because it was so smooth. It had the same 19Ē pirelli noise canceling tires as my T6, so Iím feeling like itís something to do with the awd system.

      I even had a large bolt puncture repaired at the dealer with a plug on the T5 and it still never came close to vibrating.

      I finally opened a case with VCNA and the car is going back to the dealer again on January 6. Iím hoping theyíll get a field engineer involved and fix the car, but Iím not feeling super optimistic by this point.

      Thereís also a few people posting about this same issue on other SPA cars too- seems to be mostly AWD cars.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by dpothier; 12-27-2019 at 04:48 PM.

    10. #8
      Junior Member SlapShot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      49
      I noticed it the very first time I drove 75mph+ on my V60 T6 AWD. Searched on the internet and found the below link (which may or may not apply). Haven’t been back to the dealer yet.


      https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...58649-9999.pdf
      His: 2019 V60 T6 AWD R-Design P* - Denim Blue
      Her: 2017 XC90 T6 AWD Momentum - Magic Blue

      Former:
      1998 S70 T5m - Nautic Blue
      '03 B5234T9 RN Swap, Koni FSD, Eibach ProKit, IPD Sways, Anthracite Comets, CJ's Downpipe, R Manifold, 18T, ARD Blue, Snabb Intake, Bosch H3 Projector Fogs

    11. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      USA, DE
      Posts
      122
      Nice finding, Slapshot! Thanks for posting it. My concern with the vibration in the rear (during acceleration) might be related.
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

    12. #10
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71
      I'm glad that I'm not the only one, but also not glad this seems to be a widespread issue. I'm hoping for the money the car would drive smoothly. My GF's 16' Rav4 with over 50K miles drives smoother doing 80 than my car that has just a tick over 1,500 miles on it.

      I'll be cancelling my service appt as it seems nothing will change, I'll get the runaround, or I'll be charged for a balancing that still won't change anything.

      I'll just wait till the weather gets better and warms up to see if I do anything about it then.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    13. #11
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      94
      My car is going back to the dealer on Monday, January 6, for this issue again- itís been in over 10 times since August.

      I have a case open with Volvo and Iím hoping theyíll send a field engineer to help, but Iím starting to run out of steam. It shouldnít be this hard to make a brand new Volvo drive down the freeway without shaking! Weíve been reduced to taking my boyfriends car on longer trips because the shaking is so unpleasant- his car is a beat-to-crap 2009 Toyota Matrix and it drives better on the freeway than my 2019 Volvo S60 Inscription.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    14. #12
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      My car is going back to the dealer on Monday, January 6, for this issue again- itís been in over 10 times since August.

      I have a case open with Volvo and Iím hoping theyíll send a field engineer to help, but Iím starting to run out of steam. It shouldnít be this hard to make a brand new Volvo drive down the freeway without shaking! Weíve been reduced to taking my boyfriends car on longer trips because the shaking is so unpleasant- his car is a beat-to-crap 2009 Toyota Matrix and it drives better on the freeway than my 2019 Volvo S60 Inscription.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Which state are you from and how are Lemon Laws in your state?

      "Under the law of most states, for a vehicle to be considered a lemon, the car must 1) have a "substantial defect," covered by warranty, that occurs within a certain time after purchase, and 2) continue to have the defect after a "reasonable number" of repair attempts."

      I would consider this to be a substantial defect and in your case, I believe going in 10 times is a reasonable number of repair attempts.

      I'm going to make an assumption and say that the service dept. you take the car to not only agrees with your complaint but at least 1 person has test driven the car to confirm (they probably have others saying the same).

      On my first long distance maiden voyage, I felt the vibration to the point where I truly enjoyed pilot assist since I didn't have to touch the wheel that often. Might end up with a case of carpel tunnel syndrome with the vibration. For short trips it doesn't bother me at all but for hours it will.

      If you have any more information on this issue please let me (and us) know. Might be helpful and avoid going through hurdles we might not need to.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    15. #13
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by SlapShot View Post
      I noticed it the very first time I drove 75mph+ on my V60 T6 AWD. Searched on the internet and found the below link (which may or may not apply). Havenít been back to the dealer yet.


      https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...58649-9999.pdf
      Thanks for that information. When you say you haven't been back to the dealer yet, do you mean you went and they fixed the issue? or you haven't gone to the dealer at all to fix this specific issue?
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    16. #14
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      94

      Vibration at 75 mph+ (2019 S60)

      Quote Originally Posted by Text View Post
      Which state are you from and how are Lemon Laws in your state?

      "Under the law of most states, for a vehicle to be considered a lemon, the car must 1) have a "substantial defect," covered by warranty, that occurs within a certain time after purchase, and 2) continue to have the defect after a "reasonable number" of repair attempts."

      I would consider this to be a substantial defect and in your case, I believe going in 10 times is a reasonable number of repair attempts.

      I'm going to make an assumption and say that the service dept. you take the car to not only agrees with your complaint but at least 1 person has test driven the car to confirm (they probably have others saying the same).

      On my first long distance maiden voyage, I felt the vibration to the point where I truly enjoyed pilot assist since I didn't have to touch the wheel that often. Might end up with a case of carpel tunnel syndrome with the vibration. For short trips it doesn't bother me at all but for hours it will.

      If you have any more information on this issue please let me (and us) know. Might be helpful and avoid going through hurdles we might not need to.
      Iím in Massachusetts- Iím definitely in lemon law territory with this car, but Iíve been avoiding it like the plague. I really like this car, and this is already my second 2019 S60- my T5 was taken back in August via assisted trade because of a bunch of issues that car had.

      But, I canít really take much more of these unfixable issues- if the dealer returns the car to me again without being fixed, Iím going straight to a lawyer and wouldnít consider buying another Volvo.

      Iím a reliability engineer by day, so it absolutely kills me to have equipment that I canít get under control.

      Edit- and yes, a couple people have felt the issue at the dealer. The SA has felt it a couple times, and one of the techs went for a ride with me during the first couple repair attempts and felt the whole car shaking.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by dpothier; 01-02-2020 at 01:27 PM.

    17. #15
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      Iím in Massachusetts- Iím definitely in lemon law territory with this car, but Iíve been avoiding it like the plague. I really like this car, and this is already my second 2019 S60- my T5 was taken back in August via assisted trade because of a bunch of issues that car had.

      But, I canít really take much more of these unfixable issues- if the dealer returns the car to me again without being fixed, Iím going straight to a lawyer and wouldnít consider buying another Volvo.

      Iím a reliability engineer by day, so it absolutely kills me to have equipment that I canít get under control.

      Edit- and yes, a couple people have felt the issue at the dealer. The SA has felt it a couple times, and one of the techs went for a ride with me during the first couple repair attempts and felt the whole car shaking.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      I saw in another thread for the S90's you speak about the driveshaft or axle, or propeller shaft (I forgot which one now). Is that something you looked at already or is that what you have planned on changing out on your appt on Monday? The OP for that thread stated that once they replaced it with a new design, the vibration went away but they were still left with something due to bent rim or bubble on tire.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    18. #16
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      94
      I havenít had the front prop shaft inspected yet- I asked that they look into that when I bring it on Monday.

      Neither VCNA nor the dealership has told me what the plan is- I had to open this case myself because the dealer just kept changing and/or balancing the wheels/tires and giving it back to me.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    19. #17
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      I havenít had the front prop shaft inspected yet- I asked that they look into that when I bring it on Monday.

      Neither VCNA nor the dealership has told me what the plan is- I had to open this case myself because the dealer just kept changing and/or balancing the wheels/tires and giving it back to me.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sorry for all the questions but did you call VCNA to open this case? Can it be done before taking the car for service or does it have to be done after going a few times for same issue? And once you did, did it help you out in making the dealership more enthusiastic about trying different things? In my past experiences, most service departments just seem annoyed all the time and don't want to deal with problems that involve thinking. Add to that if I bring this technical Journal they will think they have a "know it all" customer on their hands which I'm sure they'll love to prove wrong.

      What I have going for me at least is I got wheel and tire protection so if they need to replace tires or rims I shouldn't have to pay (I don't know if their is a deductible). I'll also be waiting for them to blame the vibration on those tires and rims due to me hitting potholes.

      The more I think of it now, it's probably best I bring it in just to have proof that the car was in for that problem shortly after buying the car.

      Edit: My appt is the day after yours
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    20. #18
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      94
      Yup, I called and opened it myself. But Iím pretty sure the dealer can initiate a case if they wanted too. If you havenít brought the car in for service yet, theyíll probably tell you to do that before opening a case. Iíve only opened a case when I had multiple failed attempts at a repair.

      And from my experience with the T5, opening a case actually made things a little tense with the dealership. I think it likely adds some paperwork and they probably donít like having to deal with corporate, but itís been a last resort in both cases.

      I like the service department where Iíve been going, but things seem to have gotten weird with the shaking issue. They were always responsive and really tried to get things fixed with my T5, but they seem totally checked out with the shaking issue on this car. I donít know if theyíre just stumped or theyíve written me off as a complainer now that Iíve had two problematic cars. But I mentioned the TJ to them and just asked them to see if it applies to my car.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    21. #19
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Alameda, CA
      Posts
      2,676
      If tires are balanced as appears to have been exhausted by most with this issue it sure sounds like the AWD in the rear is traveling at a slightly different speed than that of the front. If tires don't fix the issue I would try disconnecting or disabling the AWD and see what happens. I don't know if these have the feature where you pull the parking brake to the first or second click and it disables the AWD, but that would eliminate that being the cause.

      .02

    22. #20
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      592
      Quote Originally Posted by 300+_T5R_855 View Post
      If tires are balanced as appears to have been exhausted by most with this issue it sure sounds like the AWD in the rear is traveling at a slightly different speed than that of the front. If tires don't fix the issue I would try disconnecting or disabling the AWD and see what happens. I don't know if these have the feature where you pull the parking brake to the first or second click and it disables the AWD, but that would eliminate that being the cause.

      .02
      Interesting, on the disabling all wheel drive idea
      2020 V60 CC

    23. #21
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Posts
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Text View Post
      Hello all,

      This weekend I took my car on it's first long distance trip. Went down to AC and towards the end of the trip closer to my destination, the Garden State Parkway speeds up. Everyone does about 80mph on average.

      Where I live I don't take the car up to that speed but while doing this I noticed the car vibrates. The steering wheel, pedal and floor. Almost feels like like the car is doing 140mph and wind resistance is making the car vibrate. About 70mph and below I don't really feel it or notice it but if I do 80 I expect the car to be buttery smooth but I get that noticeable vibration.

      Currently, the car has 1,200 miles on it. The alignment is fine as it drives straight. Pro Pilot assist was used often and didn't seem affected. Visually the steering wheel doesn't look like it's vibrating or shaking, but you feel it.

      I'm thinking a high speed wheel balancing should fix it but the car only has 1,200 miles on it.

      I'm planning on making an appointment. I have a wheel and tire plan when I got the car so if I need a new rim or tire (potholes) it should all be covered.

      To those with a 2019 S60 or V60, is it buttery smooth around 80mph?
      I had the same issue with my 2018 S90. Volvo has chosen to use tire technology called PNCS or PIRELLI NOISE CANCELLING SYSTEM. The inside of the tire is lined with foam and this foam often times become unglued from the tire and causes vibration. Extreme heat, cold and dealer lot ageing make this even worse. Volvo replaced two sets of tires on their dime over 18 months. Each replacement resolved the issue until the foamed failed again. I dumped the S90 after 18 months and have a 2019 Volvo S60 T8 with no issues so far after 2k miles. I've attached an illustration of the foam inside the tire. Hope this helps. Only way around this is to get tires that do not have this PNCS technology inside it. Less inside to worry about and I don't think the average driver will hear or feel any difference TBH. https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/...ncs-technology This may or may not be a factor to vibration, but was for me each time the issue happened.
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Last edited by x001100; 01-02-2020 at 09:36 PM.

    24. #22
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by 300+_T5R_855 View Post
      If tires are balanced as appears to have been exhausted by most with this issue it sure sounds like the AWD in the rear is traveling at a slightly different speed than that of the front. If tires don't fix the issue I would try disconnecting or disabling the AWD and see what happens. I don't know if these have the feature where you pull the parking brake to the first or second click and it disables the AWD, but that would eliminate that being the cause.

      .02
      Thanks for your .02- definitely something to think about. This is my first AWD car so Iíve never had to troubleshoot one.

      These cars have the electronic parking brake, so I donít think your suggestion would work- Itís either on or off.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    25. #23
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      USA, DE
      Posts
      122
      Quote Originally Posted by 300+_T5R_855 View Post
      If tires are balanced as appears to have been exhausted by most with this issue it sure sounds like the AWD in the rear is traveling at a slightly different speed than that of the front. If tires don't fix the issue I would try disconnecting or disabling the AWD and see what happens. I don't know if these have the feature where you pull the parking brake to the first or second click and it disables the AWD, but that would eliminate that being the cause.

      .02
      That might explain my case....
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

    26. #24
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,258
      Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
      That might explain my case....
      They did that in my previous XC60. Decoupled it, and the vibration went away. Then, they said it was the "final drive" that was causing it, so they replaced it.
      That didn't help and, well, see my signature.

      I'm certain there are ways to fix this, the delaer just needs to want to do it.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    27. #25
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      They did that in my previous XC60. Decoupled it, and the vibration went away. Then, they said it was the "final drive" that was causing it, so they replaced it.
      That didn't help and, well, see my signature.

      I'm certain there are ways to fix this, the delaer just needs to want to do it.
      At any moment while you were trying to get this fixed and going through the lemon law process, did you ever bring up the Technical Journal or did you even know about it? I don't know when that TJ came out.

      Since I'm about to dive deep into the problem, I can't imagine going so far as lemon law territory if the technical journal literally offers a step by step process on how to solve the problem, with the ultimate solution being to replace the propeller shaft

      https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...58649-9999.pdf
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    28. #26
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,258
      Yes. They decoupled it, but it sounds like they didn't replace the right parts.
      I'm not a mechanic, so I don't really know.
      The fact is, they really didn't want to fix it. It was too hard. Techs don't like to do all that much.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    29. #27
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      Yes. They decoupled it, but it sounds like they didn't replace the right parts.
      I'm not a mechanic, so I don't really know.
      The fact is, they really didn't want to fix it. It was too hard. Techs don't like to do all that much.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      Crazy, the TJ literally states the following:

      "Vehicles with no green line and white dot* Order and mount a new assembly of companion flange and torsional damper (See VIDA, depending on chassis number). Reassemble all parts."

      And if that still doesn't work, add on the following:

      "Order and mount a new AOC (Active On demand Coupling)and reassemble propeller shaft."


      It tells them exactly what to order and replace and what to look for. Step by step directions lol.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    30. #28
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,258
      Quote Originally Posted by Text View Post
      Crazy, the TJ literally states the following:

      "Vehicles with no green line and white dot* Order and mount a new assembly of companion flange and torsional damper (See VIDA, depending on chassis number). Reassemble all parts."

      And if that still doesn't work, add on the following:

      "Order and mount a new AOC (Active On demand Coupling)and reassemble propeller shaft."


      It tells them exactly what to order and replace and what to look for. Step by step directions lol.
      Ok, let me explain. They REALLY didn't want to fix it... Because it was (and I quote) "too much work".

      Same dealership that wouldn't replace the warped rotors because it didn't pay enough to do that (got that done elsewhere with no issues)

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    31. #29
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      94
      Iím shocked at how widespread this problem is. I dropped my car off this morning, and of course my loaner car has this shaking too. Itís a 2020 S60 T6 momentum- feels like trash over 70mph...




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    32. #30
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,258
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      Iím shocked at how widespread this problem is. I dropped my car off this morning, and of course my loaner car has this shaking too. Itís a 2020 S60 T6 momentum- feels like trash over 70mph...




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      To be honest (knock on wood) I've never experienced the same vibration I had in other cars.
      I get some in all with Pirelli tires, but our state roads also suck, even newly paved ones feel like a washboard.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    33. #31
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71
      Part of me would want to call the service dept. and tell them "hey this car has the same problem too", but the other part of me wouldn't want to do that because then they will just think the car is fine and it's all in your head if you think all those cars have the same problem.


      Did you bring up the technical Journal? I already printed it out and have copies in the car when I drop it off tomorrow. I'm planning on wording my issue with them something along the lines of:

      "I have vibration 70mph and above. Please check everything you think could be the issue. Also please note this technical journal that seems to solve this issue in a more technical manner if you find that your solutions are not changing the way the car drives"

      That way I can let them be aware of of the propeller shaft (and hopefully reduce the amount of time/visits to the service dept to ultimately get it replaced), but also I won't be that know it all customer that just says this is the problem and nothing else.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    34. #32
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      94

      Vibration at 75 mph+ (2019 S60)

      Yeah, I donít think Iíll mention it to the dealer. Itís an enterprise owned car anyway.

      I drove a T5 for 6 months, and it was buttery smooth at any speed. And that had the infamous pirelli foam filled tires. I can handle some road feel, but what Iím experiencing makes driving on the highway uncomfortable. I noticed my loaner has continental pro contacts.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    35. #33
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      94
      Oh and I did mention the TJ when I dropped it- but just asked that they see if it applies.

      The service manager said that everything thatís done to my car will be dictated by VCNA now that I have a case opened. He said they wouldnít even take it for a test drive until Volvo tells them to.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    36. #34
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      Oh and I did mention the TJ when I dropped it- but just asked that they see if it applies.

      The service manager said that everything thatís done to my car will be dictated by VCNA now that I have a case opened. He said they wouldnít even take it for a test drive until Volvo tells them to.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks for that info. I guess I won't create a case until my last resort when I see nothing else can be done to fix the issue. Seems like it will just slow the service department down.

      I dropped the car off today but I didn't get a good vibe that the techs will be enthusiastic about fixing the issue. My advisor knew about the foam and drive shaft but even still, no enthusiasm but they will look at the issue. They might balance and check rims/tires and they might even change tires under warranty but idk yet. Will update later today.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    37. #35
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Alameda, CA
      Posts
      2,676
      Make sure they check the balance and not just re balance. A lot of shops just tear the weights off and re balance. You're trying to diagnose an issue and that won't help identify it.

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. 2000 V70R intermittent shake 75+ MPH
      By titan joe in forum S70, V70 & V70XC (1998-2000)
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 07-15-2017, 10:39 PM
    2. 75 MPH Rollover / Crash ~ 05 s40
      By ab7a in forum Volvo Saved My Life
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 12-19-2015, 06:55 AM
    3. Car vibrates from 75-up MPH
      By YamirL1985 in forum R Forum (2004-2007)
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: 01-24-2013, 10:14 AM
    4. 70 MPH to 150 MPH Times
      By CKAVolvo in forum Car Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 05-29-2012, 12:26 AM
    5. Does 24.5 MPG sound low for cruising hiway at 75 MPH?
      By yellow95 in forum 850 (1993-1997)
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 05-19-2006, 07:09 PM