Vibration at 75 mph+ (2019 S60) - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 75
    1. #36
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      23
      Does anyone know if the XC90 AWD is plagued with this issue as well as the S/XC 60s?

      My 2019 also has this issue that the dealer cannot resolve / says is normal.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #37
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2020
      Posts
      2

      Another One!

      One more case to chime in here. Picked up my new 2019 S60 T5 R-design on December 4th, noticed the vibration on the way home between 75-85mph. Decided to drive it for a few days / miles to see if it was just a flat spot issue, as the car had been in inventory on the lot for while. The issue persisted w/o improvement, so I made an appointment and took it in for service at 190 miles on December 12th. It has now been 27 days since I dropped it off, and I haven't gotten any update or prognosis since before the holidays. My car has been driven over 40 miles and I have been watching via the app to see if they're actively moving it, which they are. So at least I know it's not parked in a back corner being ignored.

      When I dropped it off, it was suspected that the PNCS tires might be the issue, but after multiple attempts to balance / road-force and contact with Volvo corporate, there's no resolution yet.

      I called today and left a message for my service advisor, but haven't gotten a reply yet. Thankfully they provided a nice loaner, so it's not the end of the world, but I'd rather have my S60 than the XC90 loaner, even though the XC90 is pretty nice. T5 + AWD + the extra weight and size = not so great fuel economy.

      Just thought I'd throw my story out there, will update if there is anything to share.

    4. #38
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      USA, DE
      Posts
      106
      I wonder if this particular issue has been reported/ published outside forums, e.g., Consumer Report, JD Power.
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

    6. #39
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by wcpfour View Post
      One more case to chime in here. Picked up my new 2019 S60 T5 R-design on December 4th, noticed the vibration on the way home between 75-85mph. Decided to drive it for a few days / miles to see if it was just a flat spot issue, as the car had been in inventory on the lot for while. The issue persisted w/o improvement, so I made an appointment and took it in for service at 190 miles on December 12th. It has now been 27 days since I dropped it off, and I haven't gotten any update or prognosis since before the holidays. My car has been driven over 40 miles and I have been watching via the app to see if they're actively moving it, which they are. So at least I know it's not parked in a back corner being ignored.

      When I dropped it off, it was suspected that the PNCS tires might be the issue, but after multiple attempts to balance / road-force and contact with Volvo corporate, there's no resolution yet.

      I called today and left a message for my service advisor, but haven't gotten a reply yet. Thankfully they provided a nice loaner, so it's not the end of the world, but I'd rather have my S60 than the XC90 loaner, even though the XC90 is pretty nice. T5 + AWD + the extra weight and size = not so great fuel economy.

      Just thought I'd throw my story out there, will update if there is anything to share.
      My 2019 has spent over 60 days in service and the issue has not been resolved. I have tried 2 different dealerships.

    7. #40
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,219
      Quote Originally Posted by VOLVOFAN12 View Post
      My 2019 has spent over 60 days in service and the issue has not been resolved. I have tried 2 different dealerships.
      Lemon it.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    8. #41
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      77
      Iíve got to be right up there with you for days out of service.

      Hereís the only update Iíve received. An email saying that they canít find my wheel lock key. Theyíve had the car since first thing Monday morning and apparently havenít managed to remove the wheels.

      And after a bunch of stressing on my end, I realized that the last time the rims were removed was at the dealer the week of thanksgiving. They assumed it was lost when my winter wheels were swapped, but that was early November and they changed the brakes the last week of nov.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    9. #42
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      77
      Iíll lemon it if it comes back to me shaking.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. #43
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      61
      These responses are not good. Not looking forward to what I have to deal with down the line. Currently, the service dept told me both of my front rims were bent and they were having an outside source straighten it out. The car should be ready for pick up today. I'll ask them to test drive it before they give it back which I can confirm on the app. The day I dropped the car off they took a 22mile test drive so at least I know they did something with it and confirmed vibration. I sort of had to pay for this but it was covered under my additional wheel/tire package that I got when I signed. Everything else from this point forward should be covered under warranty.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    11. #44
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by wcpfour View Post
      One more case to chime in here. Picked up my new 2019 S60 T5 R-design on December 4th, noticed the vibration on the way home between 75-85mph. Decided to drive it for a few days / miles to see if it was just a flat spot issue, as the car had been in inventory on the lot for while. The issue persisted w/o improvement, so I made an appointment and took it in for service at 190 miles on December 12th. It has now been 27 days since I dropped it off, and I haven't gotten any update or prognosis since before the holidays. My car has been driven over 40 miles and I have been watching via the app to see if they're actively moving it, which they are. So at least I know it's not parked in a back corner being ignored.

      When I dropped it off, it was suspected that the PNCS tires might be the issue, but after multiple attempts to balance / road-force and contact with Volvo corporate, there's no resolution yet.

      I called today and left a message for my service advisor, but haven't gotten a reply yet. Thankfully they provided a nice loaner, so it's not the end of the world, but I'd rather have my S60 than the XC90 loaner, even though the XC90 is pretty nice. T5 + AWD + the extra weight and size = not so great fuel economy.

      Just thought I'd throw my story out there, will update if there is anything to share.
      Thats interesting since the problem has been up to this point the T6 AWD.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    12. #45
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by VOLVOFAN12 View Post
      My 2019 has spent over 60 days in service and the issue has not been resolved. I have tried 2 different dealerships.
      Do you have a T6? Did you mention the TJ that ultimately states to replace the propeller/drive shaft?

      I really want to know if anyone with a T6 has a car that doesn't vibrate at all and if anyone actually had the drive shaft replaced to successfully fix the issue.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    13. #46
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      77
      Does anyone know if the Volvo OEM wheel locks can be removed by the dealer if they donít have the key? Aka, does the dealer have a master?

      Itís Thursday afternoon, and Iím being told via email that my wheel lock key canít be found and they canít remove my wheels. Theyíre asking me to look at home, but I didnít even know I had wheel locks until I got this email from them, and they were the last ones to remove the wheels just before thanksgiving.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    14. #47
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      77
      Well, I think Iíve had about as much as I can take with this car/situation. Volvo of Natick just emailed (not one call or actual update) to tell me that they had to order a new wheel lock master and that it would be 7-10 days before they have it and that I should pick my car up and reschedule. Iím beyond pissed- theyíve had my car a full 5 days and managed to not get a wheel off.

      Iíve put up with a lot of crap from this dealer and tried to give them the b benefit of the doubt, but Iím done. The service manager said heíd have it towed to another dealer for me and asked if Iíd like my other set of wheels in the car- how nice of him.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    15. #48
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      Well, I think Iíve had about as much as I can take with this car/situation. Volvo of Natick just emailed (not one call or actual update) to tell me that they had to order a new wheel lock master and that it would be 7-10 days before they have it and that I should pick my car up and reschedule. Iím beyond pissed- theyíve had my car a full 5 days and managed to not get a wheel off.

      Iíve put up with a lot of crap from this dealer and tried to give them the b benefit of the doubt, but Iím done. The service manager said heíd have it towed to another dealer for me and asked if Iíd like my other set of wheels in the car- how nice of him.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I got my car back last night. Both front rims were bent so they had 3rd party fix it and round it out. Car feels a little better but idk it might be in my head and problem is the same as before. I still feel vibration but it's not so bad but then again I haven't driven it for an extended period of time at high speeds yet. All traffic and slow moving highway speeds where I live.

      Either way this morning I check one of my front rims and I see multiple nicks on the edge of one of my rims that are obvious (i couldn't notice last night when I picked it up in the dark). I'll be sure to notify the service department and have them note it somehow because I know I'll be "charged" for that when I return my car after lease is over but I'm not going to hold my breath that the note will be there.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    16. #49
      Member Avboden's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      2,092
      Do keep in mind at 70mph especially *any* imperfection in the highway can be felt, and on cement highways with cuts every 20 feet or whatever it's very rhythmic like an imbalance would be. Very easy to imagine something when you're actively looking for it, this morning I swear I felt a shake in my car at 70mph after reading this thread until I realized it was simply the roadway. Even more prominent for those with 19+ inch wheels.

      Not saying some cars don't have a balance issue somewhere and a real shake, just saying some of us who think we have an issue may not. (not really talking to those of you actively having issues, I know those are real, just saying this for future folks finding this thread who like myself imagined a shake that wasn't really there)
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

    17. #50
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      77
      I wish this was just road feel, but it ainít. Iíve been leasing for a while now and have driven everything from a Jetta to a Sentra and then a Maxima. The Sentra had a lot of road feel, but all normal.

      What Iím experiencing just makes driving above 65 pretty miserable and exhausting if Iím driving further.

      Iím starting to think seriously about lemoning it after today. VCNA is currently trying to figure out what, if anything, was done to my car this week and if I can get it transferred to another dealer. Iíll see how that goes I guess.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    18. #51
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      165
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      Well, I think Iíve had about as much as I can take with this car/situation. Volvo of Natick just emailed (not one call or actual update) to tell me that they had to order a new wheel lock master and that it would be 7-10 days before they have it and that I should pick my car up and reschedule...
      So you are saying I should NOT go to Natick for service? When I got my car, I noticed it had the wheel locks, texted my sales rep (from Jaffarian) "wheres the key?" and he let me know there is a spot for the key in the foam tray next to the spare, far forward right side. Pretty sure the dealer would know that and look there but worth a mention! You could try my key ha I'm right around the corner from Natick.

      I have a slight vibration somewhere 70-80, but the warped rotors are a bigger issue so I was going to have that addressed first. I was going to wait for the 10k service but I'm not driving much so I'll probably bring it in earlier. The Boston Volvo folks seem really great but only picked up some accessories there since they have the best prices.

    19. #52
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      77
      DO NOT GO TO NATICK!

      I just picked my car up because they said they wouldnít cover my loaner while they waited for the master lug key. Just got home and was checking my tire pressure and noticed a lug but completely gone!! And multiple others loose. I was just driving on the freeway.

      Of course I call and there are no manager available. So Iím stuck at home waiting for a tow truck. Bernardi Volvo of Natick is negligent.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    20. #53
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      77



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    21. #54
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      390
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      OMG !! So sorry for you. This is just fuc*** crazy what person will take a punch to the lug-nut this is some redneck BS. Now they Destroyed the nut, the rim, and possible the hub. And didnít even torque the wheels wow.

      Iím mad and itís not even my ace .
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

    22. #55
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      77
      The guy I spoke to through On Call was in shock. Theyíre sending a tow truck. No one will take or answer my call at Bernardi.

      I was hoping that when I picked up my car today I would never have to think about that dealership again- but they have a way of screwing me at every turn.

      So I am without a vehicle. On call said I could rent one and submit it for reimbursement. He thought it would likely get approved considering the circumstances.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    23. #56
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      390
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      The guy I spoke to through On Call was in shock. Theyíre sending a tow truck. No one will take or answer my call at Bernardi.

      I was hoping that when I picked up my car today I would never have to think about that dealership again- but they have a way of screwing me at every turn.

      So I am without a vehicle. On call said I could rent one and submit it for reimbursement. He thought it would likely get approved considering the circumstances.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Place like this should be restructured by the car manufacturer unfortunately in USA the dealership has the power over a car manufacturer and will not have any recourse.

      Please go on all possible social media and document your situation. Unfortunately this is the only way things change now in USA. Tag them on there IG, Twitter, Facebook. Itís said but this is the only thing before getting a lawyer in some cases will get result.


      Good luck !!!
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

    24. #57
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      165
      Holy crap they killed that wheel! They owe you refinishing on that. I was thinking when you said they didn't have the key, they make some sockets that will try to grip security lugs and get them off but the clearance in the lug holes on these wheels are pretty low to use those. Wonder if they tried that. Well I am sure as $#!+ not taking my car there.

    25. #58
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      390
      Quote Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
      Holy crap they killed that wheel! They owe you refinishing on that. I was thinking when you said they didn't have the key, they make some sockets that will try to grip security lugs and get them off but the clearance in the lug holes on these wheels are pretty low to use those. Wonder if they tried that. Well I am sure as $#!+ not taking my car there.
      I know right at the minimum brother, in my opinion they own him a new rim and not refinishing this. Also interesting enough this look like normal lug nuts and not a key security lug nuts
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

    26. #59
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      165
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      I know right at the minimum brother, in my opinion they own him a new rim and not refinishing this. Also interesting enough this look like normal lug nuts and not a key security lug nuts
      Yeah if you haven't seen the Volvo security lug bolts they are very neat. Pretty sure they are still made by McGard like all of them are. The hex part matches the normal bolts but spins when you engage it. the security "shape" is around the outside edge. If you are a thief not paying attention you'll go nuts trying to spin the thing off with a wrench. I just checked them out when I installed my mud guards last weekend. Usefully the hex part has enough friction once you loosen the bolt with the key, you can engage the hex part to spin it off.

    27. #60
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      390
      Quote Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
      Yeah if you haven't seen the Volvo security lug bolts they are very neat. Pretty sure they are still made by McGard like all of them are. The hex part matches the normal bolts but spins when you engage it. the security "shape" is around the outside edge. If you are a thief not paying attention you'll go nuts trying to spin the thing off with a wrench. I just checked them out when I installed my mud guards last weekend. Usefully the hex part has enough friction once you loosen the bolt with the key, you can engage the hex part to spin it off.
      Thatís cool Iím used to the special design safety nuts bs this.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

    28. #61
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2017
      Posts
      3
      Ha all, I wanted to share my experience and resolution to this issue. I have a 2019 S60 with 19 in Wheels and Pirelli PZero tires and about 6,500 miles. I brought my car back to the dealer and explained that I have a vibration at 75+ MPH since delivery. A road test by them confirmed the issue.

      Their explanation and resolution was this. Moisture is present inside the tires and that moisture was in the noise reducing foam inside the tire causing the imbalance/vibration. They replaced and rebalanced all 4 tires and the problem is gone.

      I hope this helps.

    29. #62
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      390
      Quote Originally Posted by asnaider View Post
      Ha all, I wanted to share my experience and resolution to this issue. I have a 2019 S60 with 19 in Wheels and Pirelli PZero tires and about 6,500 miles. I brought my car back to the dealer and explained that I have a vibration at 75+ MPH since delivery. A road test by them confirmed the issue.

      Their explanation and resolution was this. Moisture is present inside the tires and that moisture was in the noise reducing foam inside the tire causing the imbalance/vibration. They replaced and rebalanced all 4 tires and the problem is gone.

      I hope this helps.

      Very interesting and hope to help others. Thanks for posting!!
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

    30. #63
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Posts
      163
      It sounds like foam filled tires are candidates for exclusive nitrogen fill.
      Interesting.

      Krzyś

    31. #64
      Junior Member savolvo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2017
      Location
      Athens Greece
      Posts
      161
      I own a XC60 2018 model with 25K (Kms not miles) and it is two years old. Suddenly while we have a cold wave of weather in Greece, I have had a vibration on the front at speeds between 130 Kms/hr to 145 Kms/hr. Went for wheel balancing, they fixed it and as soon as I went back on the motorway the problem got worst since now I have had a vibration also at the back from 110 Kms/hr. They have tried different approaches, even rotating the tires with respect to the wheel, but nothing was solving the problem. We decided to take out the tires and have a look on the inside and Whoorah!!! On the stock Continentals (235/55/19) the silencer foam inside got completely unglued and was all over the place. So during every balancing attempt, there were different indications on weight adjustments for the exact same tire.

      We removed the foam (do not know if this correct or not) but problem is solved, with the only negative effect of a slight humming noise during driving on motorway, which can be compensated by the radio.
      2018 XC60 R Design T5 - Ice White with PA2, BLISS, 360 Camera, Navigation Pro, Panorama, Active LED Lights, Fog Lights, 4 Zone Climate, Keyless Entry, VoC, 19'' Wheels

    32. #65
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Alameda, CA
      Posts
      2,658
      Sounds like the foam tires are candidates for the trash heap. Like all the other Pirelli tires Volvo has used in the past. Great for the first 3500 miles and then an expensive door stop. Although this car ^ was on Continentals.
      Last edited by 300+_T5R_855; 01-13-2020 at 10:56 AM.

    33. #66
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      61
      After further research and general search term on google of "tire foam vibration", I'm starting to lean towards the tires (foam) being the issue and not the propeller shaft. People with Tesla's also had the same complaint with similar difficulties finding the source of the problem. Many tesla owners (a few on reddit tesla subreddits) have stated that the source of the problem was the foam although they had tires from a diff. MFG, the problem is the same. Users mention the foam is "wadded" up inside the tire.


      For those more familar with costs, what would it run for me to go to a Firestone or local tire/rim shop to simply remove the foam? remount tire and balance again? Is this something I can request from the dealership and not be charged?

      As I mentioned a few posts above, I just recently received my car back and I can clearly see they removed tires from rims (I saw the lubrication they used to mount the tire back on on at least 1 tire) but you would think someone working the service dept. would notice loose foam and not just stuff it back in knowing it's all loose...right?
      Last edited by Text; 01-13-2020 at 11:36 AM.
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

    34. #67
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Posts
      77
      I really thought it was the foam tires too, until I bought the 18Ē rims and the Michelin x-Ice snow tires that donít have foam, and Iím still getting vibrations. But worth noting- it took a lot longer for the vibrations to start showing up on the Michelinís.

      With the pirellis, sometimes I would leave the dealer with little or no vibrations and theyíd be back within a few highway trips. But when I had the new rims and Michelinís mounted I made it over a week before I started feeling vibrations around 80mph. Now they start at 72 mph, with some minor ďpulsationsĒ around 65mph. Itís these few days Iíve had without vibrations that makes me think itís possible to fix it permanently, but Iíve never been so perplexed by a car issue like this.

      After the dumpster fire this weekend, my car was towed to a different dealer to have the lug nuts tightened and the hubs checked for damage. They seemed interested in addressing the vibrations, but it kind of seemed like they might want to start from scratch, which I donít think I could do at this point. I gave them all the invoices I had and my VCNA case number and asked if theyíd be able to pick up from there, so Iíll see what they say.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    35. #68
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,219
      Quote Originally Posted by dpothier View Post
      I really thought it was the foam tires too, until I bought the 18Ē rims and the Michelin x-Ice snow tires that donít have foam, and Iím still getting vibrations. But worth noting- it took a lot longer for the vibrations to start showing up on the Michelinís.

      With the pirellis, sometimes I would leave the dealer with little or no vibrations and theyíd be back within a few highway trips. But when I had the new rims and Michelinís mounted I made it over a week before I started feeling vibrations around 80mph. Now they start at 72 mph, with some minor ďpulsationsĒ around 65mph. Itís these few days Iíve had without vibrations that makes me think itís possible to fix it permanently, but Iíve never been so perplexed by a car issue like this.

      After the dumpster fire this weekend, my car was towed to a different dealer to have the lug nuts tightened and the hubs checked for damage. They seemed interested in addressing the vibrations, but it kind of seemed like they might want to start from scratch, which I donít think I could do at this point. I gave them all the invoices I had and my VCNA case number and asked if theyíd be able to pick up from there, so Iíll see what they say.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      FWIW, when I had my issue, the vibrations got a lot better when it was cold outside (especially when it got really cold). Also, they'd get progressively worse as I drove more. Like something (*cough*driveshaft*cough*) would heat up over time and get worse and worse.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    36. #69
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      USA, DE
      Posts
      106
      Is the S60 full time AWD?

      Iím following this thread because I have a vibration/ wobbling from the rear wheels when I take off slowly at the speed up to ~25mph in the 1st through the 3rd gear. Beyond that threshold, I donít have the vibration anymore. My understanding is that the CC activates the AWD upon take off. This leads me to think that the problem is related to the AWD. The drive shaft???
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

    37. #70
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,219
      Quote Originally Posted by jaep View Post
      Is the S60 full time AWD?

      Iím following this thread because I have a vibration/ wobbling from the rear wheels when I take off slowly at the speed up to ~25mph in the 1st through the 3rd gear. Beyond that threshold, I donít have the vibration anymore. My understanding is that the CC activates the AWD upon take off. This leads me to think that the problem is related to the AWD. The drive shaft???
      I had that in all my recent Volvos, but only under hard acceleration. Just feeling the rear wheels kicking in.
      You issue might be different.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. 2000 V70R intermittent shake 75+ MPH
      By titan joe in forum S70, V70 & V70XC (1998-2000)
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 07-15-2017, 11:39 PM
    2. 75 MPH Rollover / Crash ~ 05 s40
      By ab7a in forum Volvo Saved My Life
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 12-19-2015, 07:55 AM
    3. Car vibrates from 75-up MPH
      By YamirL1985 in forum R Forum (2004-2007)
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: 01-24-2013, 11:14 AM
    4. 70 MPH to 150 MPH Times
      By CKAVolvo in forum Car Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 05-29-2012, 01:26 AM
    5. Does 24.5 MPG sound low for cruising hiway at 75 MPH?
      By yellow95 in forum 850 (1993-1997)
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 05-19-2006, 08:09 PM