Lack of automatic exit seat slide
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Lack of automatic exit seat slide

One thing I've noticed is that the car lacks an option of the driver's seat slightly moving backwards automatically when the car is in park and the door is opened to allow easier egress out of the car.

I'm a very average sized guy but I have a hard time getting out as the seat is relatively close to the steering wheel (i have a normal driving position with a slight bend at the elbows when on the steering wheel at the 10/2 position)

Anyone notice this?
      2019 S60 T6 R-Design w/Polestar

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's a feature on the 90 series but not the 60 series. Volvo does that sort of thing to differentiate the lineup.

It's called Easy Ingress & Egress
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Thank you for the info!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      It's a feature on the 90 series but not the 60 series. Volvo does that sort of thing to differentiate the lineup.

It's called Easy Ingress & Egress
      I donít think Volvo offers this on any vehicle. We have an XC90 and a V90 and I have never seen that option in either he ownerís manual or the settings in the car. In the V90, I wind up using memory 1 for my driving seat position and position 2 for my enter/exit position and have position 2 saved as the starting position when I unlock the car. You have to move it each time you get it but its not the end of the world. If you hit the button before you close the door you donít have to hold the button down to move the seat like you do when the door is shut.
      2013 S60 T5 w/ BLIS
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription w/ Climate Package, Convenience Package and Vision Package
      2018 V90CC T6 w/ Luxury Package, B&W, Convenience Package, Protection Package and Advanced Package
      2008 Subaru Legacy Spec.B - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by xSpecBx View Post
      I donít think Volvo offers this on any vehicle. We have an XC90 and a V90 and I have never seen that option in either he ownerís manual or the settings in the car. In the V90, I wind up using memory 1 for my driving seat position and position 2 for my enter/exit position and have position 2 saved as the starting position when I unlock the car. You have to move it each time you get it but its not the end of the world. If you hit the button before you close the door you donít have to hold the button down to move the seat like you do when the door is shut.
      Hm, they list it in the manuals, but I see some old forum posts about it not actually being in the cars and that it was supposed to come in a software update but never did.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

I wonder if you could activate with coding as long as you have the memory seats? This could be accomplished with Audi but not sure if this is possible with Volvo.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

On older models we just end up using one of the pre-sets for retracting the seat, though it does require that step of hitting the pre-set button. My father in law's Lexus retracts both seat and steering wheel when the car is shut off, a nice feature.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      I wonder if you could activate with coding as long as you have the memory seats? This could be accomplished with Audi but not sure if this is possible with Volvo.
      this would be awesome...yes, I rember coding audis and VW's with a VAG tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      On older models we just end up using one of the pre-sets for retracting the seat, though it does require that step of hitting the pre-set button. My father in law's Lexus retracts both seat and steering wheel when the car is shut off, a nice feature.
      Yes this is an option but not having a power steering column make this not as effective for swinging your legs out

I donít remember if my S90 had this or not, but the GLC 300 we have had this feature and we pretty much never use it.
      2019 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design AWD (Fusion Red Metallic) w. Advanced Package, Bowers and Wilkins, Heated Rear Seats and Steering Wheel, Polestar, Exterior Styling Kit, Sport Chassis, and 19" 5-Spoke Matte Black Alloy Wheels

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC AMG Line

Past: 2017 Volvo S90 T6 Momentum AWD, 2015.5 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Platinum, 2015 S60 T5 FWD Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by mzcool View Post
      I donít remember if my S90 had this or not, but the GLC 300 we have had this feature and we pretty much never use it.
      Itís very much dependent on the seating position. On our XC90 I donít need to move the seat, but on the V90 I damaged the seat where my pants dragged across the bolster.
      2013 S60 T5 w/ BLIS
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription w/ Climate Package, Convenience Package and Vision Package
      2018 V90CC T6 w/ Luxury Package, B&W, Convenience Package, Protection Package and Advanced Package
      2008 Subaru Legacy Spec.B - Sold

This is exactly what I do. One of the cars I cross shopped was the Kia Stinger and it had this feature, so I was surprised it was missing on the Volvo. But I've quickly gotten used to hitting the buttons when getting in and out.
      2019 S60 T5 R-Design Denim Blue

So I tried it the last few days but unlike other makes/models where you press the memory once and it returns the seat to the preset location, with the volvo you need to hold the button down the whole time. Unfortunate...

Quote Originally Posted by KEVIN88GT View Post
      So I tried it the last few days but unlike other makes/models where you press the memory once and it returns the seat to the preset location, with the volvo you need to hold the button down the whole time. Unfortunate...
      This is unfortunate, and I personally donít like it. I can however see this as safer as you wonít squeeze a child or something else when forgetting that you placed something or someone behind the seat and the seat decides to go all the way back (Iíve done that once)
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Here is a trick. I do not think I like that extra step but will try it tomorrow.

Happy New Year everyone!!
      2020 V60 CC, Birch Light, Advanced PKG, 19" wheels
      Past cars: Original Toyota 86, Subaru Legacy Wagon, Audi A4, V70, XC70, BMW M3, AMG SLK, Mini Cooper S

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm been using the trick of pressing the second memory button as the door is open to utilize this as a quasi-automatic seats when getting in and out.

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements