SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

XC90 Load Bars for Momentum trim

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  nrvgnm 
#1 ·
So a while back I was considering buying the load bars to add to my 2017 XC90 Momentum. Was going to buy these before seeing they're listed as compatible only with the Inscription and R-Design trims with the flush roof rails. Looked into the Momentum compatible load bars, never ended up purchasing and then forgot. Fast-forward to this week when my car has been at the dealership and I have a loaner that's a 2019 XC90 Momentum trim and has the load bars that are listed as only compatible with Inscription and R-Design.

So my question is are they compatible with Momentum or not? Is it just that those are the only bars that will fit the Inscription and R-Design roof rails versus they are incompatible with the Momentum ones?

#2 ·
The first bars will fit all vehicles without a problem. The second bars with the “strap” that wraps around the bars are for Momentum trims only. The only reason for the designation that they fit Inscription and R-Design only is due to the “height” of the bars. We never use the strap version in our store, and customers love them in all vehicles.

Make the purchase, and you’ll be good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
The first bars will fit all vehicles without a problem. The second bars with the "strap" that wraps around the bars are for Momentum trims only. The only reason for the designation that they fit Inscription and R-Design only is due to the "height" of the bars. We never use the strap version in our store, and customers love them in all vehicles.

Make the purchase, and you'll be good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great thanks. This is what I thought but the wording was confusing and on several listings, namely there's one on Amazon, a lot of the Question/Answer section specifically states they "do not fit the Momentum trim." Just ordered :)

#4 ·
How noisy are these rails? The only ones we've used so far on our V70 are a set of square section Yakima bars that we were given. Very seriously noisy, though. We only keep them on the car when we need them. If we get the XC60 I'm planning to get other bars but it would be nice if they were quiet enough that we could leave them on all of the time.

#8 ·
We have the ones for inscription. The Volvo load bars are rebranded Thule rails. We have had them for a couple years. We do not notice a significant increase in wind noise. Be mindful that, up until 2020, the momentum trim had different roof rails to the inscription/r-design trim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.