XC90 Load Bars for Momentum trim
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    1. #1
      Junior Member alxmyles's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Location
      Charleston, SC
      Posts
      18

      XC90 Load Bars for Momentum trim

      So a while back I was considering buying the load bars to add to my 2017 XC90 Momentum. Was going to buy these before seeing they’re listed as compatible only with the Inscription and R-Design trims with the flush roof rails. Looked into the Momentum compatible load bars, never ended up purchasing and then forgot. Fast-forward to this week when my car has been at the dealership and I have a loaner that’s a 2019 XC90 Momentum trim and has the load bars that are listed as only compatible with Inscription and R-Design.

      So my question is are they compatible with Momentum or not? Is it just that those are the only bars that will fit the Inscription and R-Design roof rails versus they are incompatible with the Momentum ones?

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Forum Sponsor
      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Location
      766 Broadway Pawtucket, RI 02861
      Posts
      136
      The first bars will fit all vehicles without a problem. The second bars with the “strap” that wraps around the bars are for Momentum trims only. The only reason for the designation that they fit Inscription and R-Design only is due to the “height” of the bars. We never use the strap version in our store, and customers love them in all vehicles.

      Make the purchase, and you’ll be good to go!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    4. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      136
      I have a '19 Momentum, and these are the correct ones Volvo ones. I could not live without them.

      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0197OCQGK

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Junior Member Catfiend's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      Olympic Peninsula
      Posts
      157
      Quote Originally Posted by Flame Red View Post
      I have a '19 Momentum, and these are the correct ones Volvo ones. I could not live without them.

      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0197OCQGK
      How noisy are these rails? The only ones we've used so far on our V70 are a set of square section Yakima bars that we were given. Very seriously noisy, though. We only keep them on the car when we need them. If we get the XC60 I'm planning to get other bars but it would be nice if they were quiet enough that we could leave them on all of the time.

    7. #5
      Junior Member alxmyles's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Location
      Charleston, SC
      Posts
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars View Post
      The first bars will fit all vehicles without a problem. The second bars with the “strap” that wraps around the bars are for Momentum trims only. The only reason for the designation that they fit Inscription and R-Design only is due to the “height” of the bars. We never use the strap version in our store, and customers love them in all vehicles.

      Make the purchase, and you’ll be good to go!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Great thanks. This is what I thought but the wording was confusing and on several listings, namely there’s one on Amazon, a lot of the Question/Answer section specifically states they “do not fit the Momentum trim.” Just ordered
      Last edited by alxmyles; 12-28-2019 at 02:30 PM.

    8. #6
      Junior Member alxmyles's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Location
      Charleston, SC
      Posts
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfiend View Post
      How noisy are these rails? The only ones we've used so far on our V70 are a set of square section Yakima bars that we were given. Very seriously noisy, though. We only keep them on the car when we need them. If we get the XC60 I'm planning to get other bars but it would be nice if they were quiet enough that we could leave them on all of the time.
      Obviously can’t speak to it yet because mine haven’t come but I read reviews saying they were relatively quiet even up to highway speeds 70+ mph (without anything strapped to them).
      Last edited by alxmyles; 12-28-2019 at 02:40 PM.

    9. #7
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      136
      Quote Originally Posted by alxmyles View Post
      Great thanks. This is what I thought but the wording was confusing and on several listings, namely there’s one on Amazon, a lot of the Question/Answer section specifically states they “do not fit the Momentum trim.” Just ordered
      Perhaps something changed. I would contact the vendor and make sure they will properly fit before you order! It was indeed confusing. Part number changed and were superseded. The rails are different somehow between models. Who knows if they shipped me the correct one. If I recall properly, they seemed to drop ship from a central Volvo warehouse. I seem to remember giving them my VIN to verify. Don't make an expensive mistake! I am not sure if you can return it if it does not fit. And even if you can return them, who what to go through that hassle!

      Worse, yet, from the other threads I looked at when I was purchasing they may seem like they fit ok, but then people said they flew off while driving if you got the wrong ones!
      Last edited by Flame Red; 12-28-2019 at 03:30 PM.

    10. #8
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2016
      Location
      Ledyard, CT
      Posts
      260
      We have the ones for inscription. The Volvo load bars are rebranded Thule rails. We have had them for a couple years. We do not notice a significant increase in wind noise. Be mindful that, up until 2020, the momentum trim had different roof rails to the inscription/r-design trim.
      2013 S60 T5 w/ BLIS
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription w/ Climate Package, Convenience Package and Vision Package
      2018 V90CC T6 w/ Luxury Package, B&W, Convenience Package, Protection Package and Advanced Package
      2008 Subaru Legacy Spec.B - Sold

    11. #9
      Junior Member alxmyles's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2019
      Location
      Charleston, SC
      Posts
      18
      As an update, they came and fit perfectly. Easy to install. Pics.

    12. #10
      Junior Member satrya's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Location
      Fremont, north california
      Posts
      947
      Quote Originally Posted by alxmyles View Post
      As an update, they came and fit perfectly. Easy to install. Pics.
      Thanks for the update. Interested to know what you think about any wind noise and the consequence of the few inches of extra height on clearing garages (with load) and loading/unloading.
      Denim Blue 2018 xc90 T6 Momentum+

    13. #11
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      Southern California, USA
      Posts
      268
      MY20 T8 came with bars installed. Love them, no noise.

      By the way, have 2017 load bars available, brand new, if anyone interested PM me...

    14. #12
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Posts
      10
      Hope no one thinks less of me for trying an “off” brand of bars, but I took a gamble and won. Ordered the below set for less than half of alternative options; the quality is great, fit is perfect, and no noticeable wind noise until about 90mph.

      https://omacshop.com/products/roof-r...xc90-2015-2019

    15. #13
      Junior Member satrya's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Location
      Fremont, north california
      Posts
      947
      Quote Originally Posted by 60drvr View Post
      Ordered the below set for less than half of alternative options; the quality is great, fit is perfect, and no noticeable wind noise until about 90mph.
      https://omacshop.com/products/roof-r...xc90-2015-2019
      It's nice that this design doesn't sit much taller than the side rails.
      Denim Blue 2018 xc90 T6 Momentum+

    16. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 3
      Last Post: 04-29-2019, 05:29 PM
    2. MY 2019 XC90 T8 Momentum with Momentum Elite Package
      By ASHILee in forum General Volvo Discussions
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 07-10-2018, 04:26 PM
    3. New Wing Profile Load Bars for XC90 Momentum
      By MBernardo100 in forum XC90 (SPA: 2016 - )
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 12-29-2015, 10:26 PM
    4. Help with deciding on load bars / roof box, OEM load bars?
      By Spazdoc in forum XC90 (2003 - 2014)
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 09-01-2012, 06:49 PM