Back to S60 Ownership!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Back to S60 Ownership!

Just did a lease pull-ahead with my 2017 S90 T6 Momentum into a 2019 S60 T6 R-Design, fully loaded with B&W, Polestar optimization, exterior styling kit, sport chassis, 19í R-Design rims, and a whole bunch of other things I canít remember. Excited to be back in the S60 family!

Attached Images Attached Images
      Last edited by mzcool; 12-28-2019 at 01:42 PM.
      2019 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design AWD (Fusion Red Metallic) w. Advanced Package, Bowers and Wilkins, Heated Rear Seats and Steering Wheel, Polestar, Exterior Styling Kit, Sport Chassis, and 19" 5-Spoke Matte Black Alloy Wheels

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC AMG Line

Past: 2017 Volvo S90 T6 Momentum AWD, 2015.5 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Platinum, 2015 S60 T5 FWD Platinum

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Congrats! Gorgeous car and nice spec!
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Beautiful car. Great specs. Love the color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nora in Florida

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Perfect choice, the rdesing really works with this paint choice
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

I know that car very well. It's a loaner they had on the lot. The ONLY reason I didn't get that specific car that you purchased was because the color is a bit bright for me and calls too much attention and just not my style. When I inspected it, the paint was in very good condition for the amount of miles it had. If it was any other color I probably would have gotten it.

Instead, I purchased a black S60 R Design T6 with Polestar from that same dealership 2 months ago. I was really looking for the sport chasis and exterior styling but those are extremely hard to find. If you have any questions or need a recommendation for someone that can detail the car that is local, let me know. The guy that details is also part of this forum.

Congrats!
      2019 S60 - R-Design - T6 - Polestar - B&W - Black Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Text View Post
      I know that car very well. It's a loaner they had on the lot. The ONLY reason I didn't get that specific car that you purchased was because the color is a bit bright for me and calls too much attention and just not my style. When I inspected it, the paint was in very good condition for the amount of miles it had. If it was any other color I probably would have gotten it.

Instead, I purchased a black S60 R Design T6 with Polestar from that same dealership 2 months ago. I was really looking for the sport chasis and exterior styling but those are extremely hard to find. If you have any questions or need a recommendation for someone that can detail the car that is local, let me know. The guy that details is also part of this forum.

Congrats!
      I have had only white, silver, and black cars up to now, and I generally hate red cars. But this one caught my eye and everything just came together for me.

I was a little hesitant because it was a loaner but it is in great shape and we got a killer deal on it. The option combo couldnít be beat either. The dealer was a breeze to do business with as well. Their new sales manager and our salesman made it really easy to lease this car from them. Kundert was very solid when they owned this location and Iím happy to see that Prestige is continuing and improving upon what they built.
      2019 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design AWD (Fusion Red Metallic) w. Advanced Package, Bowers and Wilkins, Heated Rear Seats and Steering Wheel, Polestar, Exterior Styling Kit, Sport Chassis, and 19" 5-Spoke Matte Black Alloy Wheels

Past: 2017 Volvo S90 T6 Momentum AWD, 2015.5 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Platinum, 2015 S60 T5 FWD Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by mzcool View Post
      I have had only white, silver, and black cars up to now, and I generally hate red cars. But this one caught my eye and everything just came together for me.

I was a little hesitant because it was a loaner but it is in great shape and we got a killer deal on it. The option combo couldnít be beat either. The dealer was a breeze to do business with as well. Their new sales manager and our salesman made it really easy to lease this car from them. Kundert was very solid when they owned this location and Iím happy to see that Prestige is continuing and improving upon what they built.
      I wouldnít worry about it being a loner.

If the car has no visible damage from drives, like scratches or dents your good.

Itís really a lottery if a mechanical failure will happen . Sure mileage, usages, maintenance, climate, and road conditions will have itís affect on the outcome but in the end all cars are designed for its usage and cycles only manufacturing mistakes still in pass zone or missed by quality control, parts defects, and poor design will have the biggest bearing on mechanical failure.

And none can been seen when purchasing a car unfortunately.
      Last edited by Kamil; 12-28-2019 at 11:05 PM.
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      I wouldnít worry about it being a loner.

If the car has no visible damage from drives, like scratches or dents your good.

Itís really a lottery if a mechanical failure will happen . Sure mileage, usages, maintenance, climate, and road conditions will have itís affect on the outcome but in the end all cars are designed for its usage and cycles only manufacturing mistakes still in pass zone or missed by quality control, parts defects, and poor design will have the biggest bearing on mechanical failure.

And none can been seen when purchasing a car unfortunately.
      Not worried at all really. Itís a lease and I am not planning on buying it at the end, so any mechanical issues would just be a time inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by mzcool View Post
      Not worried at all really. Itís a lease and I am not planning on buying it at the end, so any mechanical issues would just be a time inconvenience.
      Then you really did good on this one in my opinion great find and great job snagging it!
      2020 V60 CC
      IG _kademan_v60cc_

Congrats! It looks absolutely beautiful and love the options that come with it.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

I just did the same as OP - traded in my 2018 S60 T5 for a brand new 2019 Fusion Red T6 R-design. Anyone looking for a great deal on S60 in So Cal should do themselves a favor and search out remaining 2019's. Lease incentives that Volvo offers on these are eye-popping: $12,750-13,800, depending on the trim. Yes, residuals and money factor are not great compared to 2020 model, but if one actually wants to buy the car out (like me ), leasing effectively results in getting 30% off MSRP. Plus Volvo pull-ahead program covers up to 9 months of payments on top of that, which is crazy

Attachment 58325
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      I just did the same as OP - traded in my 2018 S60 T5 for a brand new 2019 Fusion Red T6 R-design. Anyone looking for a great deal on S60 in So Cal should do themselves a favor and search out remaining 2019's. Lease incentives that Volvo offers on these are eye-popping: $12,750-13,800, depending on the trim. Yes, residuals and money factor are not great compared to 2020 model, but if one actually wants to buy the car out (like me ), leasing effectively results in getting 30% off MSRP. Plus Volvo pull-ahead program covers up to 9 months of payments on top of that, which is crazy

Attachment 58325
      Is there a way to search for deals like this in other parts of the country?

Nora in Florida
      Nora in Florida

Quote Originally Posted by OlRedHair View Post
      Is there a way to search for deals like this in other parts of the country?

Nora in Florida
      Yes. Go to Volvocars.com and configure your car the way you want it - note MSRP. On the summary page (right under the top image), there is a link to the "Payment Estimator". Click on it and enter your nearest dealer zip code. It will show current Volvo pricing on both lease and purchase, specific to your geographical area. Modify parameters to your liking (lease length, cash down, etc.) - the monthly payment will change accordingly. Keep in mind that there is no way to input dealer discount on this page, but you can use "Cash Down" to do that (try a conservative 7% of MSRP). Also, note that monthly payment calculation assumes that you pay acquisition fee ($995) and first payment as part of the lease (not upfront, as most people will prefer). It also doesn't include Loyalty discount, if you own another Volvo - which will reduce the monthly a little as well. The final number is just an estimate, but comes pretty close in my experience - confirm with your dealer. Final hint: in the address bar on your browser, manually replace "2020" with "2019" and reload. This will show incentives for the 2019 model (you will have to enter zip code again). Incentives vary widely depending on zip - for example there is a huge difference between North and South Cali for 2019 S60. In my case (zip 91107) the incentive on 2019 R-design was $13,800. I also got ~8% dealer discount ($3,900) on top of the incentives, which brought the cap cost of the car down to $32,855 or about 35% off MSRP. Crazy, I know. Get the shortest lease (24mo) and buy the car out in 6 months - you will keep most of the savings.
      Last edited by genesmasher; 01-22-2020 at 12:27 PM.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements